Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding OEM Cruise Control On A 2017 Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Am i the only one that noticed them sweet manual hvac controls in BOSTON's picture? I thought they were reserved for other (non US) markets! Sweet.

I thought my car was a base model, guess not!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

BostonJellyBean (02-01-2017),poorman1 (02-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I would verify with the service advisor that they have actually done this job before. No offense to service advisors, but they are rarely the most technically competent individuals in the shop. If he quoted you the wrong number of labor hours, the service tech will figure that out quickly and you'll get a phone call telling you it's really x hours and an extra part or two.

So this switch will just pop into a standard steering wheel?

Name:  switch.jpg
Views: 2324
Size:  13.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Am i the only one that noticed them sweet manual hvac controls in BOSTON's picture?
    I noticed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is a base ES 5MT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I would verify with the service advisor that they have actually done this job before. No offense to service advisors, but they are rarely the most technically competent individuals in the shop. If he quoted you the wrong number of labor hours, the service tech will figure that out quickly and you'll get a phone call telling you it's really x hours and an extra part or two.

So this switch will just pop into a standard steering wheel?

Name:  switch.jpg
Views: 2324
Size:  13.5 KB

I noticed.
    I'd have to find out. I posted a pic. Looks like the same thing my 15 ES has minus the leather wheel. Is it screwed into the wheel or just a pop off?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well fellas, I went to pick up the switch this morning. I got with one of the techs in the service dept. He said he'd never done one before. So he called a Mitsubishi tech line and talked to an engineer. Supposedly he was told that it couldn't be done with Mitsu parts. It would have to be "Frankenstiened" is what he told me. Man that broke my heart. So I guess I have no choice but an aftermarket job. Here's one I looked at a while back that does mount on the steering wheel. I emailed the company and they did confirm that it would be as close to OEM that you could get. The company is out of Australia. I emailed them and got a response from a guy that confirmed it would work with the 2017 Mirage. It just doesn't show any pictures of one installed. It also doesn't say how much work is involved with installing it. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? The applicable part number for the steering wheel switch is M107R, they also make a stalk type switch as well.

http://www.autostrada.com.au/mitsubi...ols.html#thumb

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252619584680

I have installed Rostra in the past and it was plug and play. I haven't on a Mirage, but my Elantra was a piece of cake.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Am i the only one that noticed them sweet manual hvac controls in BOSTON's picture? I thought they were reserved for other (non US) markets! Sweet.

I thought my car was a base model, guess not!
    The 17s and above dont have auto hvac standard like the 14s and 15s did in the USA.
    (blank signature)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (02-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I have installed Rostra in the past and it was plug and play.
    Seems like others have had good luck installing the Rostra unit on their Mirage. Check THIS thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252619584680

I have installed Rostra in the past and it was plug and play. I haven't on a Mirage, but my Elantra was a piece of cake.
    Yeah, I looked at those. The only problem I keep thinking with that is there's not a good place to mount it on the steering column shroud where it won't be hidden by the steering wheel. That's a good price though. The one I looked at was from thecruisecontrolstore.com and it's right at 400 bucks with the clutch switch.
    Last edited by Patrick_Henry; 02-01-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    Yeah, I looked at those. The only problem I keep thinking with that is there's not a good place to mount it on the steering column shroud where it won't be hidden by the steering wheel. That's a good price though. The one I looked at was from thecruisecontrolstore.com and it's right at 400 bucks with the clutch switch.
    This is same part number and includes the stalk AND optional dash switch. They also sell the manual trans switch in their store.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252514107975

(blank signature)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Patrick_Henry (02-01-2017)