Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding OEM Cruise Control On A 2017 Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    This is same part number and includes the stalk AND optional dash switch. They also sell the manual trans switch in their store.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252514107975
    Now that would look much better. I could mount that on the panel to the left of the steering column and it would be easily accessible. The only thing I see wrong there is it only goes through 2016 models. Mine's a 2017, I'll contact them and see if it'll work on a 2017

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    Now that would look much better. I could mount that on the panel to the left of the steering column and it would be easily accessible. The only thing I see wrong there is it only goes through 2016 models. Mine's a 2017, I'll contact them and see if it'll work on a 2017
    Or just ask if they could include both switches for the 17 kit.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Patrick Henry, consider sticking with enabling the cruise control option already on your car before using an aftermarket kit. Either do it yourself or find another dealer. I would expect less problems with a cruise control setup that is better integrated with the vehicle than any aftermarket kit, wouldn't you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Patrick Henry, consider sticking with enabling the cruise control option already on your car before using an aftermarket kit. Either do it yourself or find another dealer. I would expect less problems with a cruise control setup that is better integrated with the vehicle than any aftermarket kit, wouldn't you?
    Believe me my friend, it broke my heart. I had the factory switch in my service truck and was about 15 miles down the road working when they called me and gave me the news. I brought it back and they refunded my money on it. Trust me when I say that if I knew a way to do it and make it look like it came from the factory that way. I would do it in a heartbeat because that's the way I really want it. I just don't understand it. Why would they put almost everything in that car for it and then not sell the parts needed to do it with? That's what blows my mind.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well fellas, I went to pick up the switch this morning. I got with one of the techs in the service dept. He said he'd never done one before. So he called a Mitsubishi tech line and talked to an engineer. Supposedly he was told that it couldn't be done with Mitsu parts. It would have to be "Frankenstiened" is what he told me. Man that broke my heart. So I guess I have no choice but an aftermarket job. Here's one I looked at a while back that does mount on the steering wheel. I emailed the company and they did confirm that it would be as close to OEM that you could get. The company is out of Australia. I emailed them and got a response from a guy that confirmed it would work with the 2017 Mirage. It just doesn't show any pictures of one installed. It also doesn't say how much work is involved with installing it. Has anyone ever dealt with these guys? The applicable part number for the steering wheel switch is M107R, they also make a stalk type switch as well.

http://www.autostrada.com.au/mitsubi...ols.html#thumb
    I had a similar problem with my dealer. Mine is a 15 CVT so no issues with the clutch switch but I bought a Mitsu cruise control keypad for the steering wheel online and it popped in with the existing wiring with no problem.
    I was positive the factory wiring was in and I was right but taking it to the dealer and asking them to activate it on ETACS caused them to go " derrrr.... did your switch come with instructions?....derrrr" I called Mitsubishi and the bright cheery young lady said that she was told the only way was to buy the "leather wrapped steering wheel with the keypad installed" ($800.00)and 3 hours labour to get cruise. So I bought a MUT3 clone online and taught myself to use it and now have functioning cruise control. I considered a Toyota VCI/Lexia cable for $100 or so but since I was reflashing my engine control module I didn't want to cheap out on the tool.
    The part number for the keypad on my 15 was 8602A088 it worked with no changes/mods can't say whether it will work on your 17 though.
    Last edited by strawboss; 02-01-2017 at 10:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-16-2017),Rockabilly Manta (02-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Believe me my friend, it broke my heart. I had the factory switch in my service truck and was about 15 miles down the road working when they called me and gave me the news. I brought it back and they refunded my money on it. Trust me when I say that if I knew a way to do it and make it look like it came from the factory that way. I would do it in a heartbeat because that's the way I really want it. I just don't understand it. Why would they put almost everything in that car for it and then not sell the parts needed to do it with? That's what blows my mind.
    If OEM doesn't work for you, don't hesitate to purchase a Rostra unit. I have had them in many vehicles and they have worked great with no problems. They aren't just a run of the mill outfit. They have been around for years and make a high quality product that they stand behind. If the expense of an OEM is too much, save it and go aftermarket. There are many aftermarket companies that have quality items that match or exceed OEM. Rostra is one of them. Minus the install, you will almost indefinitely have good luck with it.
    Last edited by Alex1a1f; 02-02-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    (blank signature)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Patrick_Henry (02-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    If OEM doesn't work for you, don't hesitate to purchase a Rosata unit. I have had them in many vehicles and they have worked great with no problems. They aren't just a run of the mill outfit. They have been around for years and make a high quality product that they stand behind. If the expense of an OEM is too much, save it and go aftermarket. There are many aftermarket companies that have quality items that match or exceed OEM. Rosata is one of them. Minus the install, you will almost indefinitely have good luck with it.
    i have the Rostra seat heaters installed and they have been great with no issues. It's the cat's meow for longer drives or cold mornings.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (02-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    i have the Rostra seat heaters installed and they have been great with no issues. It's the cat's meow for longer drives or cold mornings.
    Exactly. Great product.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Then I must be misunderstanding something here, as I can't see why the OEM cruise control cannot be activated on a 2017. I mean, the 2017 was not a complete re-design from the 2014-2015.

Just because one dealer is afraid to attempt this doesn't mean it is not possible. I learned of it here on this forum because one member was kind enough to share his experience doing it himself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Then I must be misunderstanding something here, as I can't see why the OEM cruise control cannot be activated on a 2017. I mean, the 2017 was not a complete re-design from the 2014-2015.

Just because one dealer is afraid to attempt this doesn't mean it is not possible. I learned of it here on this forum because one member was kind enough to share his experience doing it himself.
    I don't understand it either eggman. When I left the dealership yesterday with the master switch that goes on the steering wheel. They couldn't get a hold of Mitsubishi tech support because they weren't open yet. I'm on eastern time and apparently they are on pacific time. So me, the technician and the parts guys were all huddled around the computer trying to figure out the clutch disengagement switch and brake switch. They had my VIN number trying to look all of it up and it wasn't showing anything but the 2 prong brake switch and the clutch safety switch. So the parts guy went up one number on the VIN and got a CVT model and it was showing the clutch disengagement switch and a 4 terminal brake switch. So they told me to go ahead and go to work and they would get a hold of Mitsu tech support when they opened and call me. So it was about an hour later when they did and told me the news. So apparently, the rub is over the 2 switches plugging in on the ECM. They told me it would have to be "frankensteined" to make it work. As bad as I want it to work with the OEM switch. I don't want it all hacked up. But it still begs the question in my mind. Why would they go through all the trouble to run the wiring harness for it to the steering wheel and not fix it where it could be added?