Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding OEM Cruise Control On A 2017 Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Adding OEM Cruise Control On A 2017 Mirage G4

Hello all, new to the forum. I bought a 2017 Mirage G4 back in November 2016 and it came without the feature that I really wanted the most besides A/C, cruise control. I looked at the aftermarket options, Rostra makes a kit for it. But it's the stalk type and would have to be mounted on the shroud around the steering column. I really don't think there's enough room for it and even if there was you wouldn't be able to see it for the steering wheel. So I stopped by the stealership that I bought it from on my way home from work just to see what the OEM setup would cost. The guy in the parts dept. couldn't find a listing for it so he had to call I'm assuming a Mitsu parts hub. They gave him the part number for just the switch that mounts on the steering wheel and told him that it was pretty much plug and play, the wiring for it was already there. So the parts guy called the service dept. and supposedly was told that it was 1.5 hours labor and no programming required. I thought to myself, this is great, all I need is the switch itself. So it's right at 200 bucks and is supposed to be there tomorrow. So I told him that I was going to do it myself if it was going to be that easy. But I get home and looked under the footwell where the clutch pedal is. There's no clutch disengagement switch there for it. So I called the parts dept. back and informed the guy about it. He was supposed to make a call and get back with me on it but hasn't yet. I was just wondering if anyone here has done it with the OEM switch/setup? I found a thread here that dealt with this issue. But I'm pretty sure it was for 2014/2015 models. And it may all be the same. Hopefully someone here has done it and can tell me how much trouble it is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    It can be done but it's not that simple. Here is the thread that someone did enable cruise. The process would be the same for the 2017's.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...5-speed-Manual

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Patrick_Henry (01-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It can be done but it's not that simple. Here is the thread that someone did enable cruise. The process would be the same for the 2017's.

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...5-speed-Manual
    I was afraid someone was going to tell me that. I'm just wondering how the dealer is only saying 1.5 hrs for the labor. That looks like a whole lot more than 1.5 hours to me. I may just bring the car to them and just let them have it if they'll do it for a couple hundred bucks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    I was afraid someone was going to tell me that. I'm just wondering how the dealer is only saying 1.5 hrs for the labor. That looks like a whole lot more than 1.5 hours to me. I may just bring the car to them and just let them have it if they'll do it for a couple hundred bucks.
    They're probably quoting you the cost of the Rostra kit. Requires a whole new steering wheel for OEM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Patrick Henry, and welcome to the forum.

From what I understand, the parts needed would be the steering wheel controls and the switch for the clutch. I'm pretty sure one forum member here used a steering wheel from a junkyard Outlander.

You could do it yourself, but it would require getting some devices to reprogram your ETACS as well as gathering & installing the hardware. For a quick solution without a whole lot of research and headache, I say take the dealership up on their offer - and to it before they change their mind.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Patrick_Henry (01-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    They're probably quoting you the cost of the Rostra kit. Requires a whole new steering wheel for OEM.
    I don't think so, the switch that was ordered today is a Mitsu part# 8602A115, definitely an OEM switch. Here's something I caught though from seanla04's post.

1. used steering wheel from 2014 Outlander Sport and modify Cruise Control Switch Resistors or modify your steering wheel and buy Cruise Control Switch for Mirage ES.

Maybe he'll stop by and clarify. But it looks to me like he's saying that you have to do one or the other.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Patrick Henry, and welcome to the forum.

From what I understand, the parts needed would be the steering wheel controls and the switch for the clutch. I'm pretty sure one forum member here used a steering wheel from a junkyard Outlander.

You could do it yourself, but it would require getting some devices to reprogram your ETACS as well as gathering & installing the hardware. For a quick solution without a whole lot of research and headache, I say take the dealership up on their offer - and to it before they change their mind.
    Thank you sir! I'm thinking the same thing. I've got to go back in the morning to pick up the switch. I'm going to actually go to the service dept. myself and talk to the service manager about it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrick_Henry For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-31-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    I've got to go back in the morning to pick up the switch. I'm going to actually go to the service dept. myself and talk to the service manager about it.
    Good luck and let us know how things turn out. I got a 2015 ES because I too wanted cruise control. Sounds like your approach would cost much less.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it can be done easier in the 17. At least in my 17, the steering wheel even though it's an ES has the cut outs on each side of the wheel like the 15 ES leather wheel does.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think it can be done easier in the 17. At least in my 17, the steering wheel even though it's an ES has the cut outs on each side of the wheel like the 15 ES leather wheel does.
    Name:  20170101_150757.jpg
Views: 6814
Size:  91.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage Es 1.2 manual: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BostonJellyBean For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-01-2017),MightyMirageMpg (02-01-2017)