Page 108 of 271 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138guy View Post
    So I checked out the thread Mark just mentioned and got even more saddened by "more" incorrect terminology. Some were calling hub caps 'center caps' which are entirely different. Center caps cover only the axle nut - not the entire hub.

I guess I'm just going to have to get used to this sort of thing since the compound word - it's - is so often misused it has become commonplace to use its and it's interchangeably, why???? Because people have become dumber since the 1960s? I suspect it's because no one actually cares.
    That's because we were talking about hubcaps and center caps in that thread. I would like some center caps for my steel wheels. If I found some that fit well, I may scrap the the wheel covers. In my mind his hubcaps were another alternative to center caps that I would be interested in.

If someone knows of a center cap that would cover the axle nut on the front axle, I would be interested. It needs to be something that fits the center of the black steel rims. Flat ones will not work, because the axle nut protrudes out some.

I don't see the need to call people dumb or stupid over wheel cover, hubcaps, or center caps. Someone from the 1960s doing a time warp to the present would be pretty clueless about quite a few things, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree Mark.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Now someone nit pick about my spelling or grammar lol
    Your picture is flipped - the Chevrolet logo is backwards on the protective device which allows air to enter or exit lololol.

See grill vs. grille

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't see the need to call people dumb or stupid over wheel cover, hubcaps, or center caps. Someone from the 1960s doing a time warp to the present would be pretty clueless about quite a few things, too.
    My reference to dumber was more in regard to poor grammar and spelling. People on the internet are free to be lazy and ignorant because they are anonymous.

So my bad for stirring up a hornet's nest.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thx1138guy For This Useful Post:

Mark (09-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsray View Post
    hubby put new hub caps on the mirage for me today MUCH better than the oem hub caps. Attachment 19289
    check 'em out in my garage

I like 'em!!!

Attachment 19290
    MUCH better than the oem hub caps, right?
    Oh yeah - not only do they look better, you also get one extra lug nut at each wheel.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I went down to a local Les Schwab to have my alignment and wheel balancing checked yesterday. I did this because after having new rims/tires put on at Costco the car was tracking heavily to the right and vibrating a speeds above 65mph.

Turns out the alignment was indeed way out of whack, and ALL FOUR wheels were unbalanced. So much for Costco's wheel balancing along with installation . They rebalanced everything and my car glides along quite nicely at 80mph now.

For the alignment, the gentleman at the shop informed me that for the for the front, the particular setting that needed to be dialed in was not possible on the car from factory. He took me out and showed me how Mitsubishi puts in non-adjustable camber bolts at the factory. I had him go ahead and install adjustable camber bolts on both of the front struts(?).

For the back, there really wasn't much they could do (as owners here can attest to). It seems my LR wheel is out of alignment. This was not the case before getting new wheels and the Daox rear sway bar installed. I think the sway bar might be altering things just slightly, as it actually hits the bottom of the torsion bar on the driver's side. Either my torsion bar is slightly warped from factory, or the spring seats are slightly bent out of shape. I may have to get as picture of it at some point.

Kinda bummed about the rear end, but not much I can do, I don't think. Will likely just leave everything as is and rotate the tires regularly.

Oh, I also finally got around to installing the side sill extensions on my car. Drilling into the car is no fun, and the metal that the side sill screws into is incredibly thin. You have to remove some plastic plugs when installing, and the metal actually bent before the plugs broke. Whoops!

Here is Piddles today:

Name:  IMG_20201003_195500.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20201003_195545.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  97.2 KB
    Last edited by PityOnU; 10-04-2020 at 05:55 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (10-04-2020),MirageRally (10-04-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I went down to a local Les Schwab to have my alignment and wheel balancing checked yesterday. I did this because after having new rims/tires put on at Costco the car was tracking heavily to the right and vibrating a speeds above 65mph.

Turns out the alignment was indeed way out of whack, and ALL FOUR wheels were unbalanced. So much for Costco's wheel balancing along with installation . They rebalanced everything and my car glides along quite nicely at 80mph now.

For the alignment, the gentleman at the shop informed me that for the for the front, the particular setting that needed to be dialed in was not possible on the car from factory. He took me out and showed me how Mitsubishi puts in non-adjustable camber bolts at the factory. I had him go ahead and install adjustable camber bolts on both of the front struts(?).

For the back, there really wasn't much they could do (as owners here can attest to). It seems my LR wheel is out of alignment. This was not the case before getting new wheels and the Daox rear sway bar installed. I think the sway bar might be altering things just slightly, as it actually hits the bottom of the torsion bar on the driver's side. Either my torsion bar is slightly warped from factory, or the spring seats are slightly bent out of shape. I may have to get as picture of it at some point.

Kinda bummed about the rear end, but not much I can do, I don't think. Will likely just leave everything as is and rotate the tires regularly.

Oh, I also finally got around to installing the side sill extensions on my car. Drilling into the car is no fun, and the metal that the side sill screws into is incredibly thin. You have to remove some plastic plugs when installing, and the metal actually bent before the plugs broke. Whoops!

Here is Piddles today:

Name:  IMG_20201003_195500.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  95.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20201003_195545.jpg
Views: 364
    Your Mirage looks super great PityOnU. Seriously looks awesome, those wheels look soo good.

I want gold rims with my Mirage. If they're done right they look good. Or 'wired' BBS style rims, like they had on some old GTi's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome PityOnU! I need to look for junkyard silver mirage bumpers to hack up so l can expose the grille and make my car look "aggressive
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    ...seems my LR wheel is out of alignment. This was not the case before getting new wheels and the Daox rear sway bar installed.
    Any chance you have alignment printouts from before and after installing the wheels and sway bar?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Your Mirage looks super great PityOnU. Seriously looks awesome, those wheels look soo good.

I want gold rims with my Mirage. If they're done right they look good. Or 'wired' BBS style rims, like they had on some old GTi's.
    Makes me miss my 1st Mirage so badly...
    Name:  IMG_2016.jpg
Views: 684

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (10-06-2020)