Page 129 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1392

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

  1. #1281
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,146
    Thanks
    1,079
    Thanked 559 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I spent a year in northern bc in diapers then I lived the rest here in central Alberta. There's no avoiding winter here. It's only work when it snows but got tired fast after shoveling 4 times in one day a few weeks ago. I basically said eff it, it'll melt eventually the last time it snowed. It's now ice.

    I'll be too poor to be a snowbird. We went to disneyland in January when I was a kid. The only other family in the outdoor pool at the hotel was another family from southern alberta it was great! Everyone else thought we were retarded.
    Thats because your a real Great White Northerner, you wrestle polar bears, wash your nuts with ice water, and have had relations with Mrs. Santa Claus twice! Lol



  2. #1282
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 103 Posts
    Changed the daggone oil (again) last night. 2,235 miles. This is the 4th batch of new oil in the engine. Going to do it 1 last time at 5,000 miles. From that point on, I will stick to the maintenance intervals spec's on the LCD screen.

    The oil was darker than I figured it would be. No problems, just darker than I suspected. Oh and it went MUCH better to pull the filter off from the top (quicker / easier). Quicker because I used a 2nd drain bucket under the filter and did that while the sump drained. Thanks for those suggestions from this thread earlier ... I pay attention and listen to good advice!

    I had to take my shirt off due to the girth of my arm reaching down to the filter between the engine and radiator. Sharp edges would have ripped my sleeve. The oil change went well until I was topping off the level, and the funnel slipped out the fill hole and dumped a couple ounces. It all mostly spilt down behind the headlight, in front of the service belt area on the under body plastic cover. So not a huge problem, just more reaching down and wiping up as much as I could.

    The "filter access" position is, using my left arm, putting my head near the intake tube and snaking my arm down around the radiator hose to get my hand on the filter (for any future readers doing this for themselves). I did have to break it loose with a wrench and cap. It was not easy to find the stud to thread the new filter back on (higher than expected), but after this iteration, I think I could get the next filter started quick and easy.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.1 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.6 mpg (Imp)


  3. #1283
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,145
    Thanks
    2,725
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Changed the daggone oil (again) last night. 2,235 miles. This is the 4th batch of new oil in the engine. Going to do it 1 last time at 5,000 miles. From that point on, I will stick to the maintenance intervals spec's on the LCD screen.

    The oil was darker than I figured it would be. No problems, just darker than I suspected. Oh and it went MUCH better to pull the filter off from the top (quicker / easier). Quicker because I used a 2nd drain bucket under the filter and did that while the sump drained. Thanks for those suggestions from this thread earlier ... I pay attention and listen to good advice!

    I had to take my shirt off due to the girth of my arm reaching down to the filter between the engine and radiator. Sharp edges would have ripped my sleeve. The oil change went well until I was topping off the level, and the funnel slipped out the fill hole and dumped a couple ounces. It all mostly spilt down behind the headlight, in front of the service belt area on the under body plastic cover. So not a huge problem, just more reaching down and wiping up as much as I could.

    The "filter access" position is, using my left arm, putting my head near the intake tube and snaking my arm down around the radiator hose to get my hand on the filter (for any future readers doing this for themselves). I did have to break it loose with a wrench and cap. It was not easy to find the stud to thread the new filter back on (higher than expected), but after this iteration, I think I could get the next filter started quick and easy.
    Use a Baldwin B1431 next time. It's a longer filter than the OEM. No clearance issues but it makes it very easy to access for oil changes. I use this filter on both my Mirage and Outlander Sport.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.4 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.5 mpg (Imp)


  4. #1284
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 103 Posts
    I will certainly look into that. Mo' longuh = Mo' filtuh. In theory cleaner oil. Thanks.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.1 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.6 mpg (Imp)


  5. #1285
    Member 18slcmirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moved
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    66
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 34 Times in 19 Posts
    CVT Drain and filled
    1st@35000
    2nd@36000 miles
    3qt out and then 3qt in

    Thanks to jimmy409

    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ion-Oil-Change

    Fluid looks much clearer

    Idk if these blacks are bad but it was almost black before the first fill...any thoughts are appreciated.
    Last edited by 18slcmirage; 12-07-2020 at 02:09 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 18slcmirage For This Useful Post:

    dragon2knight (12-07-2020),dspace9 (12-07-2020),inuvik (12-07-2020)

  7. #1286
    Senior Member Dirk Diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    your Mom's basement
    Country
    North Korea
    Posts
    3,146
    Thanks
    1,079
    Thanked 559 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 18slcmirage View Post
    CVT Drain and filled
    1st@35000
    2nd@36000 miles
    3qt out and then 3qt in

    Thanks to jimmy409

    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ion-Oil-Change

    Fluid looks much clearer

    Idk if these blacks are bad but it was almost black before the first fill...any thoughts are appreciated.
    Uh I'd Fummins to comment on that man. I've never seen shavings like that on the paper towel after checking the dipstick. If it is metal shavings.

  8. #1287
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Snow fort
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    5,269
    Thanks
    2,015
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,583 Posts
    That picture looks blury to me. If the fluid is black I'd drop the oil pan and have a look for metal rather than pulling the plug and refilling over and over.
    From my experience, if you have black fluid you usually have a problem and it won't last much longer. Hopefully that's not the case with yours!

    The 2017 I have on the hoist has had the fluid changed fairly regularly, I'm sure it's driven like a rented mule as the cvt fluid always seemed to be darker than the others and changed more often. I last changed the fluid in this car about a month ago and it's totally screwed now. Keep receipts or some kind of proof of your fluid changes. Do what you can to keep warranty from being void. Unless you can replace it yourself.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

    18slcmirage (12-07-2020),dragon2knight (12-07-2020)

  10. #1288
    Senior Member PityOnU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    WA, USA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 105 Times in 71 Posts
    Finally got around to assembling and installing the OEM roof rack this weekend. Apparently, it's made by Thule with just the Mitsubishi logo slapped on it, so the $200-something Mitsubishi is asking for it actually isn't that bad.

    Name:  IMG_20201206_124511.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  97.5 KB

    The installation instructions it comes with are pretty crap, though. The standard Mitsubishi "no words, only pictures" deal. Need to play "Where's Waldo?" in each comic panel in order to find all the information you need.

    Tips for anyone following me:

    1. Positioning the rack bars on the car is actually super easy - open the doors and look at the inside of the door sill. There are small indents marking the mount points. I only realized this after sliding the two rack bars back and forth on the roof for about half an hour. (It doesn't mention this in the instructions.)
    2. Pay attention to the part numbers and their locations in the comic panel showing the clamps and rubber feet - each specific corner needs a specific part.
    3. The instructions have you put what is essentially a phone screen protector on the roof and doors of your car where the clamps would otherwise rub and scratch. These end up looking terrible, so don't do that. Instead, take your time, cut the plastic pieces to size, and then wrap them around the clamp itself. Then your car is protected, no longer where you mount the bars. It also won't looks like crap when you don't have them attached.


    I also got to try out my Curt hitch with a fancy bike rack I got over Black Friday.

    Name:  IMG_20201205_145326.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.1 KB

    Held the bike well, but I am concerned about scratching the hell out of my hitch and then having it look rusty and terrible. I know the truck boys out there will say "Duh, it's a hitch, it's supposed to be scratched and rusty. It means you're a man with hairy chest that actually uses it." Well, Piddles is not a 1993 Chevy Silverado, I actually put a lot of effort into keeping it clean and shiny, and I don't really want it looking like it's been beat to hell on a farm for the past 25 years.

    I ended up coating the bike rack "tube" with a layer of Plasti-Dip to try and stop scratching. Did the same with the locking pin. Both of those coatings only ended up lasting one use, however, and the bike rack is pretty wobbly without one of those stabilizer clamps. Recoated with two layers of Plasti-Dip and will keep an eye on it next time I go out. Scratching may end up being unavoidable.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

    18slcmirage (12-08-2020),dragon2knight (12-07-2020),Fummins (12-07-2020)

  12. #1289
    Senior Member Fummins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Snow fort
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    5,269
    Thanks
    2,015
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,583 Posts
    I installed a hitch on the wifes sorrento this summer. Before bolting it on I gave it a few coats of spray on box liner. I've yet to tow anything with it and may never bother but it shouldn't rust as fast. If I put a hitch on the Mirage I'd do the same thing. I wouldn't making anything look nice with my truck, it's rusty and dented and I treat it like crap. I don't even know where the tailgate is.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)


  13. #1290
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Atlanta Metro
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I wouldn't making anything look nice with my truck, it's rusty and dented and I treat it like crap. I don't even know where the tailgate is.
    Heresy...


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.1 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.6 mpg (Imp)


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

    18slcmirage (12-08-2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •