Page 131 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    It's not the big ugly ones on the later model ES's is it? I just took those uglies off. I didn't consider that they might be aerodynamic. They don't look it to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

These Attachment 20103 2014-2015

This is the only other hub cap I've seen on our 2017-2019's. Attachment 20104

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, those ones.

They had to add those extra holes in the newer ones to COOL THE MASSIVE BRAKE UPGRADE!

Probably adds a tiny amount to aero drag. Good thing they upped the engine power to compensate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    The bottom ones is ugly. And they don't look so aerodynamic to me. But do look like they'll pull massive amounts of heat off our massive brake upgrade.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If your worried about cooling off that massive brake upgrade just leave the wheel caps off altogether. "Problem" solved

I solved it by switching to alloys.....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark and et al,
    . . . . Sorry about being gone for so long. This is a tough time of the year for me and it is especially bad this year. I have no family left and I get very depressed because of the short days, being alone during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my birthday which all happen together in less than a two month period of time. Throw in the garbage about SARS, a sick cat, a blown engine, and possibly cancer, and it is almost too much to deal with. My cats and Christ are keeping me a live.
    . . . . My service writer sent me pictures of my clutch and the inside of the cylinders. The clutch looks almost brand new. You can see the factory machine marks on the flywheel and pressure plate. The cylinders look like garbage. I am going to run a test on the old engine to see if there is valve damage. I still don't know why this engine went away. I have pasted the email down below with the pictures. She didn't use attachments. Instead the pictures are embedded.
    . . . . Yes, I would love a job driving with someone until I can no longer drive. Right now my Gabapentin is enough to control the pain but it is getting worst. I still have a lot of driving to do to full fill my bucket list. I would also like to drive to AK this summer starting in the late spring. Is there someone who would be willing to put me to work so that I can full fill this dream?
    . . . . It looks like I won't get my car back until after Christmas. I am trying to get permission from WB to be able to drive the loaner up to Luck so that I can spend Christmas with my friends and adopted family up there. I hope that they say yes for I have been told that I am only to drive the Outlander home, to the store as needed, and back to WB. It has less than 500 miles on it and it had less than 100 on it when I left WB.
    . . . . I am also asking for donations to help me fill my bucket list. Any help is greatly appreciated. I also have electronic equipment, parts, and model railroad equipment for sale. I would like to sell off most of what I own and start living on the road. Of course I would have to give up my cats. I figure it out. More pitures to come!
    Name:  IMG_0687.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  WIN_20201209_13_03_12_Pro.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  49.1 KB

GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Mechanic; 12-23-2020 at 03:04 AM. Reason: The pictures won't display!
    2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark and et al,
    . . . . Sorry about being gone for so long. This is a tough time of the year for me and it is especially bad this year. I have no family left and I get very depressed because of the short days, being alone during Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my birthday which all happen together in less than a two month period of time. Throw in the garbage about SARS, a sick cat, a blown engine, and possibly cancer, and it is almost too much to deal with. My cats and Christ are keeping me a live.
    . . . . My service writer sent me pictures of my clutch and the inside of the cylinders. The clutch looks almost brand new. You can see the factory machine marks on the flywheel and pressure plate. The cylinders look like garbage. I am going to run a test on the old engine to see if there is valve damage. I still don't know why this engine went away. I have pasted the email down below with the pictures. She didn't use attachments. Instead the pictures are embedded.
    . . . . Yes, I would love a job driving with someone until I can no longer drive. Right now my Gabapentin is enough to control the pain but it is getting worst. I still have a lot of driving to do to full fill my bucket list. I would also like to drive to AK this summer starting in the late spring. Is there someone who would be willing to put me to work so that I can full fill this dream?
    . . . . It looks like I won't get my car back until after Christmas. I am trying to get permission from WB to be able to drive the loaner up to Luck so that I can spend Christmas with my friends and adopted family up there. I hope that they say yes for I have been told that I am only to drive the Outlander home, to the store as needed, and back to WB. It has less than 500 miles on it and it had less than 100 on it when I left WB.
    . . . . I am also asking for donations to help me fill my bucket list. Any help is greatly appreciated. I also have electronic equipment, parts, and model railroad equipment for sale. I would like to sell off most of what I own and start living on the road. Of course I would have to give up my cats. I figure it out. More pitures to come!

GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Merry Christmas!
    Reading your post reminded me of the somewhat famous poem called "Footprints in the Sand"

I'm sure you may have seen it Rich, but I am adding it below just in case -

https://www.onlythebible.com/Poems/F...Sand-Poem.html

I admire your faith & perseverance to go on. My hope is that you cling to those things. We are truly never alone, & the simple poem above reminds me of that, too!

I am not going into my personal life on this forum, but I am helping someone also in need through the holidays. It's been a bit overwhelming at times already, & I simply want to leave it at that. I would like to think I am blessed with the 9 Fruits of the Spirit, but I fall short all the time!

COVID alone has made this a very trying time, & you are dealing with so much more. If you go shopping & make a wrong turn & end up in Luck, WB may just have to deal with it. I am a firm believer in begging for forgiveness rather than asking for permission. If they aren't getting your Mirage done when promised, I wouldn't let that ruin your Christmas.

I just looked up the location of Luck. Luck is approximately 60 miles from White Bear. I would let White Bear know you are visiting family in Luck for the holidays, & your hope is that you can just come pick up your Mirage after that visit. If your Mirage is still not done at that time, you may just have to drive back home with their Outlander again. This may help push them to get your car done sooner rather than later.

Regardless of what happens the remainder of this week, I wish you a Merry Christmas! It's important to not lose sight of the reason for this celebration, & your posts convince me that you won't.

Hang in there! I hope you are back on the roads with your Mirage very soon! Merry Christmas Rich!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark; 12-23-2020 at 05:30 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (12-27-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Take your coolest cat with you on the road.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-23-2020),Mark (12-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    The bottom ones is ugly. And they don't look so aerodynamic to me. But do look like they'll pull massive amounts of heat off our massive brake upgrade.
    I'm a bit hurt & offended. I drive a Mirage with those ugly wheel covers. I am a bit harsh about the 2021 update, & I apologize for that. I just think it's not really an update at all. The 2021 Mirage ES pics that I have seen have the same ugly wheel covers to help prove my point. Mitsubishi really doesn't care what we think - I believe there's some truth to that!

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage/2021/models

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (12-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark and et al,
    . . . . I can't go. There is a major snow storm moving in to the area and Luck is expected to get between 7 and 12 inches. If I had my car with my snow tires I would go but I'm not going to take the Outlander with the all seasons on it. Oh well. Real sad! Mark thanks for the kind words. I will hold you in my prayers. Yes I know about foot prints in the sand. I also know that GOD doesn't give us more than we can handle but does he have to push it.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Merry Christmas all!

2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-24-2020)