Page 229 of 271 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 2704

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

I found a dealer installed tracker in a car we recently bought used. I unplugged it and plugged in one of the ones I use at work(after verifying the wiring was the same. This car has a starter kill relay installed, I was able to disable the car via computer. It's easily defeated by just unplugging the device though.(incase any deadbeat Mirages owners are curious) Or jump the circuit at the clearly aftermarket relay under the hood would work too. https://www.roadgear.ca/gps-management-561761.html

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Crap luck this weekend. I had purchased (what I thought was) all of the components to do a front and rear suspension refresh and install lowering springs on my Mirage this Saturday. Drivers side rear shock was blown, I purchased Monroe shocks for the rear and a set of KYB for the front since they are getting squishy as well. Got a sway bar end link since why not.

Long story short my rear shock boot was torn to hell. Since the design makes it part of the suspension mount it was unable to be reused and new ones are not coming soon enough to get my car back on the road without some redneck engineering before March.

My question is this, are there any suspension components in the front that I should look to replace also if I am doing a refresh?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
    I finally pased my driving test.

The examiner was in hurry and did not bothered to fail me even when it took me somw time to reverse park.

Our driving test course is very simple.

I took an "uber" to my driving test.

Once I got back home I just fell asleep I woke up at 11:50pm and I took my Mirage G4 out for the first time driving alone just around the block for about an hour. That is about 6km added on the Odo.

At first I am still nervous because the test drive course is by all means very easy to navigate.

And yet I over steered 3 times and 2 times under steered. The Examiner was lenient so he still passed me.

So now on my own car driving in a dark neighborhood near a slum area with double parked cars and some random trash bins dumpster fire and what not scattered I felt this was the real test

Lol I even laugh histerically when I entered a dead end street and the guy behind me got annoyed because I stopped and pulled over and he could not pass he must be one of the residents in that closed of street.

But over all I had fun. I even took mom as a passenger she is 70 and last time she drove a vehicle it was a passenger jeep in 1976. Where she learned to drive for 3 weeks but she never owned a car since that 3 weeks in 1976 lulz.

Sorry for this long drivel..
    Thanks to our electrical power steering, it's weird trying to park in reverse.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thanks to our electrical power steering, it's weird trying to park in reverse.
    In what way? I think it's typical. However, I am an odd dock. One of the weaker systems in my old Dodge truck is the steering.

Because the front end of the truck is so heavy due to the engine, and being 4WD, and the steering not quite being strong enough (IMO), early on I started the practice of NEVER turning the steering wheel when stopped. The Ram doesn't want to steer when stopped and the steering system doesn't want to cooperate in doing so. So I just don't, it's seems too taxing on the steering system to force it. So I've always slowly rolled the truck while rotating the steering wheel. When the truck stops, the steering wheel does too.

I have since implemented that practice on all vehicles I drive. Even the same on the little Blueberry. And since I don't try to steer when stopped, the steering while backing seems typical to me. Maybe this has some bearing on why it seems weird to you, you're doing something I'm not doing. Not saying anyone is wrong to "steer" while stopped. I just don't ... out of habit.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    In what way? I think it's typical. However, I am an odd dock. One of the weaker systems in my old Dodge truck is the steering.

Because the front end of the truck is so heavy due to the engine, and being 4WD, and the steering not quite being strong enough (IMO), early on I started the practice of NEVER turning the steering wheel when stopped. The Ram doesn't want to steer when stopped and the steering system doesn't want to cooperate in doing so. So I just don't, it's seems too taxing on the steering system to force it. So I've always slowly rolled the truck while rotating the steering wheel. When the truck stops, the steering wheel does too.

I have since implemented that practice on all vehicles I drive. Even the same on the little Blueberry. And since I don't try to steer when stopped, the steering while backing seems typical to me. Maybe this has some bearing on why it seems weird to you, you're doing something I'm not doing. Not saying anyone is wrong to "steer" while stopped. I just don't ... out of habit.
    Ah so the electrical steering stops when the car is not moving? Hmm no wonder the thing feels so damn heavy like I almost cant turn it.

I guess I should stop dry steering.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Ah so the electrical steering stops when the car is not moving?
    No, that's not true. I was trying to explain how I choose to not steer when not moving. The electric steering system works at all time the engine is running, as far as I know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Ah so the electrical steering stops when the car is not moving? Hmm no wonder the thing feels so damn heavy like I almost cant turn it.

I guess I should stop dry steering.
    Electric power steering (EPS) only stops when the car is turned off. EPS is what allows you to steer the car easily when the car is stopped while running.

Once the car is in motion, power steering isn't even necessary (especially for a small light car like the Mirage). I wish the EPS turned off once in motion, but it does not.

If your car is hard to turn when stopped, I would question whether it has power steering at all? You are describing a vehicle that doesn't have power steering, & I have owned those in the past. I drove a 1990 Ford Festiva without power steering for 14 years. It was so light & nimble, it didn't need it. It was also designed by Mazda, which is known for good handling.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Yup the wheel is very heavy to turn when not moving but very light when already in motion

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Its just not a precise as my old 2004 Outback, at least to me. It feels vague.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Yup the wheel is very heavy to turn when not moving but very light when already in motion
    All things turn easier when moving. Even an old heavy tractor without power steering is not that hard to steer when moving. They also had big honking steering wheels, which also helped.

I started driving old tractors when I was in 3rd grade. None of them has power steering. It couldn't have been that hard, because I wasn't exactly a stud 3rd grader back in those days. If you could reach the clutch pedal (my dad did have that requirement), you started driving tractors.

If your car is hard to steer when not moving, you must not have power steering (which surprises me somewhat).