Page 242 of 272 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Installed front and rear weather tech floor mats. Wow what a difference from OEM. I wish I had gotten sooner. I can finally rest my left foot at ease. Heck my shoes size is 15. The more space for me to rest on, the merrier I’ll be.
    They really do hold water pretty good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-08-2023),inuvik (06-08-2023),MetroMPG (06-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    Did you do it yourself, or someone did it for you?

I wanted to get tint on mine, went to an auto glass place, who told me they don't tint (it involves skills/ tools that they don't have). I lost a bit of respect for that place.

But now, I'm curious, how hard could it be?
    OCD and patience is probably the only things you need to do it yourself, no?
    You should have gained respect for that glass place. They were correct, and they were honest and transparent.

How hard could it be? I'm betting it's difficult enough that you'd not get it right on your own, for 3 or 4 cars worth. Window tinting is a bit of an art, I personally would leave that to the pros. Maybe I just don't have the patience to do it right.

If you try it, let us know. I'd be happy to see that you kicked butt and got it installed really well on your first try. I'd be impressed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

BigMW (06-09-2023),Fummins (06-08-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installed front and rear weather tech floor mats. Wow what a difference from OEM. I wish I had gotten sooner. I can finally rest my left foot at ease. Heck my shoes size is 15. The more space for me to rest on, the merrier I’ll be.
    Can you explain? How do you have MORE room with a bigger thicker mat? Does it have a built up dead pedal area? That would be sweet.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

I agree, there's no sense complaining about a company because they don't do work that you thought they did. I think there's a name for that. I don't know of an auto glass shop that tints windows too. I don't know of a tint shop that replaces windshields, I'm sure they're some that do both...

I'd much rather have someone admit they aren't equipped to do a job rather than say sure and do a crappy job. I tell/ask people often enough that if you don't feel you can do something without effing it up feel free to ask for help. It's sometimes better to say no than to say yes, then make a mess out of it costing time, money and sometimes a job.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-08-2023 at 06:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (06-09-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You should have gained respect for that glass place. They were correct, and they were honest and transparent.

The glass place was...transparent?

Name:  smug_fish.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  37.2 KB
    2022 Mirage ES [5MT/Infrared/OEM+] / 2015 CR-V EX [CVT/Black Pearl/Modded]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jonesboro For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-08-2023),BigMW (06-09-2023),Fummins (06-08-2023),inuvik (06-08-2023),MetroMPG (06-14-2023),vintzend (07-05-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Can you explain? How do you have MORE room with a bigger thicker mat? Does it have a built up dead pedal area? That would be sweet.
    Sorry. I got too excited and English isnÂ’t my first language.

I meant to say that I now no longer have to worry about getting the floor dirty easily especially on the dead pedal area that I can rest easily as to have more room — OEM floor mat sucks and I putted it up to it from day one simply because of the price. Heck I was being super cheap at the time and allowed the 1st Mirage to be cheap.

Then the OEM all weather floor mats that came on the 2nd Mirage (as mandatory added on) and it better but still not great. I quickly learned that if I want something nicer or livable, I gotta stop making excuse to myself and just pay more. So I read the thread here about the all weather mats being better so I just get the one from WT.

Once received and installed it from WT, it blew my expectation. DidnÂ’t know it actually covers the dead pedal until I got it so it I no longer have to restrict my feet to the aforementioned mats. Not that it would had made a difference on the 1st G4 as to keep it but the SE doesnÂ’t scream cheap or inconvenience to me nor my wife. The upgrade was worth it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Sorry. I got too excited and English isnÂ’t my first language.

I meant to say that I now no longer have to worry about getting the floor dirty easily especially on the dead pedal area that I can rest easily as to have more room — OEM floor mat sucks and I putted it up to it from day one simply because of the price. Heck I was being super cheap at the time and allowed the 1st Mirage to be cheap.

Then the OEM all weather floor mats that came on the 2nd Mirage (as mandatory added on) and it better but still not great. I quickly learned that if I want something nicer or livable, I gotta stop making excuse to myself and just pay more. So I read the thread here about the all weather mats being better so I just get the one from WT.

Once received and installed it from WT, it blew my expectation. DidnÂ’t know it actually covers the dead pedal until I got it so it I no longer have to restrict my feet to the aforementioned mats. Not that it would had made a difference on the 1st G4 as to keep it but the SE doesnÂ’t scream cheap or inconvenience to me nor my wife. The upgrade was worth it.
    Factory floor mats were not an add on charge when I bought my 2017, but that changed somewhere along the line.

Like you, I am impressed with my Weather Tech floor mats. I only have the front ones (both Mirage & Forester), but I really like them, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Curious about the outcome for your tire?
    They replaced it, and i renewed the replacement plan ($2x.xx) So at this point new tires have been costing me just $20 dollars as this is the second time this year I've had to replace a brand new tire. When this car is paid off, I'll be purchasing a more popular wheel size, as my Mirage has the 14" wheel. I'll be interested in a 15" Mitsubishi Alloy, I definitely prefer an OEM look.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dookaughs For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-08-2023),Mark (06-09-2023),MetroMPG (06-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookaughs View Post
    They replaced it, and i renewed the replacement plan ($2x.xx) So at this point new tires have been costing me just $20 dollars as this is the second time this year I've had to replace a brand new tire. When this car is paid off, I'll be purchasing a more popular wheel size, as my Mirage has the 14" wheel. I'll be interested in a 15" Mitsubishi Alloy, I definitely prefer an OEM look.
    Just an FYI - 15" aren't really more popular than 14" when it comes to small car tire sizes.

The factory 175/55r15 size is not popular either.

I suggest looking at choices/prices first, because an alternative 175/65r14 (23") tires & 185/55r15 (23") tires are the exact same wheel diameter.

I will use Discount Tire Direct to compare tonight -

165/65r14 - 6 tire options, $86-$162 price range
    175/55r15 - 8 tire options, most seem somewhat expensive to me, $101-$222 price range

Common alternative sizes used on 14" & 15" rims
    175/65r14 - 28 tire options, $53-$133
    185/55r15 - 33 tire options, $72-$224

I don't see anything that I like better (value wise) than the 165/65r14 Nexen N'Priz AH5 (460AA/50,000 mile warranty) for $67.10/tire @ Walmart. Walmart mounts tires bought from them for free. You do pay something to have them balanced.

Just for comparison sake - Walmart offers 330 available options for 175/65r14 tires & 210 available options for 185/55r15 tires. I'm not taking the time to see how many duplicates are listed.

My point - you don't need 15" rims to find options! A 23" tire is 23" regardless of it being on a 14" rim or 15" rim.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

How hard could it be? I'm betting it's difficult enough that you'd not get it right on your own, for 3 or 4 cars worth. Window tinting is a bit of an art, I personally would leave that to the pros. Maybe I just don't have the patience to do it right.

If you try it, let us know. I'd be happy to see that you kicked butt and got it installed really well on your first try. I'd be impressed.
    Well then, respect back to them.

I don't think I'm OCD/patient enough, and know that about myself, so I won't make an attempt. That's why I went to a shop in the first place

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)