Page 275 of 276 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276 LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 2751

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Friggin tars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Was it the original battery?
    No it's an energizer AGM battery. It's fairly new maybe 1.5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting point. I thought mohammad meant permanent damage to the battery.
    Yes I definitely meant damage to only the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    How much aftermarket electricals have you added on? Stereo, dash cam...?
    Dash cam and most other things are on the switched accessory circuit. Only the aftermarket power door locks and the aftermarket radio are always powered. The radio goes from sleep mode to shutting down completely after some time to save battery.

Update:

I bought the cheapest jump starter on Amazon. The car dashboard & dome light now lights up but it would only crank for a couple of seconds and not start. it did that twice before the battery ran out of juice. I am hopping the battery now being not completely dead will allow it to start next time. Alternatively I may try and charge the car using the portable jump starter by leaving it connected but that will probably take a lot of trips charging it and connecting it.

The portable battery Is also recharging very fast which may mean its broken.
    Last edited by mohammad; 07-11-2024 at 05:56 AM.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-11-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 1,133 Posts
    It sounds like your friggin battery is friggin hooped...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-12-2024)

Just get a couple 9 volt batteries. 9+9=18volts so that's more than enough powers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-11-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Minor update:
    After recharging the battery and trying again it still does not start. I imagine the engine is flooded. My new bigger jump starter arrives tomorrow. Do y'all think I should try and start it with the gas pedal held down as if it's flooded or does the gas trickle down to the oil overnight? It's also possible the gas has gone bad. I think I last bought gas early February.

If I do hold the gas pedal down will it fail to start if I don't let go of the pedal?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As for the full throttle starting thing. I've done it once, but can't say this is 100% correct, just from my memory. From off, you pooooosh the pedal to the floor. Don't worry about anything negative happening, it is programmed for this. Then you turn the key to the START position. You hold that friggin key in the START position for as long as need be until the engine starts running ... all the while holding your foot to the floor. When / if the engine does start, you'll naturally know when to let your foot off the pedal when it revs its ass off. Be prepared to give it a few throttle pedal whomps before the engine returns fully down to idle, you don't want it to stall once hitting idle and have to do it all over again. You're not going to hurt anything.

mohammad - Something I'm not clear on, but just assuming. But would rather be clear on it.

On your previous post 2742 you said it would crank for a few seconds and not start. It seems you said it did that twice. In my mind I was imagining the engine turning over, but upon holding the key in the START position it pussed-out and stopped turning over (didn't start). Then after a short time you did it again, held the key in the START position, it turned over a few times, then pussed-out again, again while you held the key in the START position. First - Is that right? Or are you turning the key to the START position, letting it crank over a second or two then letting off the key? It makes a difference which way you did it as to what I suggest you do next.

In this latest reply (2745) you just said "trying again it still does not start." But that doesn't clarify (in my mind) ... does the engine turn over with the key the START position? Or does it just do nothing? Maybe has some clicks only? I need more clarification. If in 2743 it pussed-out while you held the key at START, and then in 2745 it didn't turn the engine over, I think you'll want to cross the fence on your belief that the battery is OK due to the fact that it is only 1.5 years old. And, if in 2745 it didn't turn the engine over, I think you need to go see Wally and get his least expensive lead acid Group 35 battery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 2,167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Minor update:
    After recharging the battery and trying again it still does not start. I imagine the engine is flooded. My new bigger jump starter arrives tomorrow. Do y'all think I should try and start it with the gas pedal held down as if it's flooded or does the gas trickle down to the oil overnight? It's also possible the gas has gone bad. I think I last bought gas early February.

If I do hold the gas pedal down will it fail to start if I don't let go of the pedal?
    You may have to try Fummins' trick if it's flooded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbqhUBUG5pI

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    As for the full throttle starting thing. I've done it once, but can't say this is 100% correct, just from my memory. From off, you pooooosh the pedal to the floor. Don't worry about anything negative happening, it is programmed for this. Then you turn the key to the START position. You hold that friggin key in the START position for as long as need be until the engine starts running ... all the while holding your foot to the floor. When / if the engine does start, you'll naturally know when to let your foot off the pedal when it revs its ass off. Be prepared to give it a few throttle pedal whomps before the engine returns fully down to idle, you don't want it to stall once hitting idle and have to do it all over again. You're not going to hurt anything.

mohammad - Something I'm not clear on, but just assuming. But would rather be clear on it.

On your previous post 2742 you said it would crank for a few seconds and not start. It seems you said it did that twice. In my mind I was imagining the engine turning over, but upon holding the key in the START position it pussed-out and stopped turning over (didn't start). Then after a short time you did it again, held the key in the START position, it turned over a few times, then pussed-out again, again while you held the key in the START position. First - Is that right? Or are you turning the key to the START position, letting it crank over a second or two then letting off the key? It makes a difference which way you did it as to what I suggest you do next.

In this latest reply (2745) you just said "trying again it still does not start." But that doesn't clarify (in my mind) ... does the engine turn over with the key the START position? Or does it just do nothing? Maybe has some clicks only? I need more clarification. If in 2743 it pussed-out while you held the key at START, and then in 2745 it didn't turn the engine over, I think you'll want to cross the fence on your belief that the battery is OK due to the fact that it is only 1.5 years old. And, if in 2745 it didn't turn the engine over, I think you need to go see Wally and get his least expensive lead acid Group 35 battery.
    The first time I turn key it cranks maybe 2 seconds. maybe 100-150 rpm max then the battery bank cuts out for safety. Second try it barely cranked then the starter disengaged and started free spinning.

Third try after recharging battery I held down gas pedal and turned key it cranked to maybe 2000-250 RPM for a couple of seconds but failed to start then the battery bank went flat.

Thanks to Amazon prime deals I bought a "4000Amp" battery jump starter for 107 CAD after tax it arrives Tuesday. I will post an update then. What I really should have done is bought a charger and carried the battery home or carried it to Costco for warranty. But am lazy.

I also bough a battery capacity tester to make my next YouTube video checking if the Chinese battery jump starter company lied to me.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update: new jump starter came in today, it started the car without issue but my aftermarket radio and one of my two dash cameras no longer works. I also got check engine light with code p1590 but was able to clear it without issue. I am not looking forward to soldering two dash cam adapter together to power my two cameras off one fuse tap again. My rear brakes also sounded like they were dragging but a few stops at low speed appears to have fixed that.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-13-2024),inuvik (07-13-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Please come back in here and let us know if you continue to have starting issues. I suspect that you will. And if you do, I suggest again, go see Wally, get his cheapest lead-acid Group 35 battery. And unplug anything in your OBD connector (for a while anyway) if you do have something plugged into it.