Page 44 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I reinstalled my original fuel pump assembly again for the third time? The second replacement started acting all goofy, so I didn't trust it. Took about 20 minutes before the fuel level sensor started changing the level shown on the dash. It then took another 20 min to go to full after I filled it up. Then.... The miles to empty started acting crazy. Said 320, then 3 miles later 300, then a couple miles later, 280, then back to 320.
    Guess I'm gonna have to check those connectors you guys mentioned.

One good thing. I've got the replacement procedure down to 15 minutes. Guess you could say I'm a certified fuel pumpologist now.

Last edited by Car Nut; 06-13-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post

One good thing. I've got the replacement procedure down to 15 minutes. Guess you could say I'm a certified fuel pumpologist now.
    I'm sure that would catch somebody's attention on a resume!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Whilst we're on the topic of shift boots, does anyone else feel nostalgic for rubber accordion boots or is it just me? Seems like one of the hardest things to custom make short run...
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Well I reinstalled my original fuel pump assembly again for the third time? The second replacement started acting all goofy, so I didn't trust it. Took about 20 minutes before the fuel level sensor started changing the level shown on the dash. It then took another 20 min to go to full after I filled it up. Then.... The miles to empty started acting crazy. Said 320, then 3 miles later 300, then a couple miles later, 280, then back to 320.
    Guess I'm gonna have to check those connectors you guys mentioned.

My fiancee and I were down in St. Petersburg, Florida looking around and it happened to be Pride week. We met a really nice gentleman who must of been a biker because he had on the black leather chaps, cross chest straps, black leather cap, we can you believe it, he said he was a pumpologist! I never knew it was a thing! Crazy.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

BecauseRaceCar (07-02-2019),Cobrajet (07-02-2019),daleWV (07-04-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Yesterday I had my local tire shop install the OEM Dunlops I was able to buy from fellow forumer Subcompact Culture this past January.

While I am certainly no huge fan of Enaslaves, I certainly won't miss the Goodyears that were on it, either!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yesterday I had my local tire shop install the OEM Dunlops I was able to buy from fellow forumer Subcompact Culture this past January.

While I am certainly no huge fan of Enaslaves, I certainly won't miss the Goodyears that were on it, either!
    Im trying to figure out the cheapest but decently rated 175 65 R14 for my ride. Walmart keeps changing what they have at my local store.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im trying to figure out the cheapest but decently rated 175 65 R14 for my ride. Walmart keeps changing what they have at my local store.
    I would compare what Walmart has on line to places like simpletire.com, tires-easy.com, and tire-rack.com, etc......

I wouldn't be concerned about what is in the actual store. Most tires include free shipping.

If I needed 175/65-14 tires today, I would search on the Walmart site. I would sort "lowest to highest" price. I would scroll down until I see a brand name that is somewhat known. Today I would be buying -

Hankook Optimo H724 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 81T
    $49.16/tire with free-shipping

This is a well-known Korean tire company, & these are 70,000 tread wear warranty tires for under $50. KIA & Hyundai growth in the U.S. has helped this tire company. If I lived in the south & had little concern about snow/ice, this is how I would shop for tires. Walmart will balance and mount tires for you, too.

If you wanted a little better economy tire, this may be a good choice -

Hankook Kinergy ST H735 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 82T
    $54.17/tire with free 2-day delivery
    This tire also has a 70,000 mile warranty.

Walmart alone has 78 tire options for 175/65-14 today. Buying a 175/65-14 tire is not a big deal (availability or price) at all! I have never used Hankook tires, but at those prices I would give them a try!

I wouldn't sweat buying 175/65-14 tires at all. When you need them, something decent will be there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-04-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would compare what Walmart has on line to places like simpletire.com, tires-easy.com, and tire-rack.com, etc......

I wouldn't be concerned about what is in the actual store. Most tires include free shipping.

If I needed 175/65-14 tires today, I would search on the Walmart site. I would sort "lowest to highest" price. I would scroll down until I see a brand name that is somewhat known. Today I would be buying -

Hankook Optimo H724 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 81T
    $49.16/tire with free-shipping

This is a well-known Korean tire company, & these are 70,000 tread wear warranty tires for under $50. KIA & Hyundai growth in the U.S. has helped this tire company. If I lived in the south & had little concern about snow/ice, this is how I would shop for tires. Walmart will balance and mount tires for you, too.

If you wanted a little better economy tire, this may be a good choice -

Hankook Kinergy ST H735 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 82T
    $54.17/tire with free 2-day delivery
    This tire also has a 70,000 mile warranty.

Walmart alone has 78 tire options for 175/65-14 today. Buying a 175/65-14 tire is not a big deal (availability or price) at all! I have never used Hankook tires, but at those prices I would give them a try!

I wouldn't sweat buying 175/65-14 tires at all. When you need them, something decent will be there.
    As always Mark, your an officer and gentleman! Like Richard Gere, great movie.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    As always Mark, your an officer and gentleman! Like Richard Gere, great movie.
    That is a great movie!

I believe Steve ordered a set of the Hankook Optimo H724 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 81T recently.

I think Daox ordered a set of the Hankook Kinergy ST H735 All-Season Tire - 175/65R14 82T recently, too.

Eventually, they may be able to give some insight to these tires.

In my area, Cooper tires are quite popular mid-priced tires. I have two sets of Cooper tires for my Subaru, and my 2015 Chevy Impala (btw wheel driver's ed.) has Cooper tires.

Unlike 165/65-14, 175/65-14 will give you many tire options to pick from!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I ordered a set of Federal Super Steels in 165/65-14 when Simple Tire had them on sale late last year. I think they were around $42 each with free shipping?

I haven't installed them yet, obviously, but I trust Federal and have had good luck with the Super Steel line in other sizes on other vehicles.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post: