Page 52 of 271 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im getting Barum Brillantis 175 65 r14 tires put on today! My Potenzas are bald. For everything its $260. Good price. I hope tire noise and grip will improve and not too much mpg depreciation. Ill let yall know!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im getting Barum Brillantis 175 65 r14 tires put on today! My Potenzas are bald. For everything its $260. Good price. I hope tire noise and grip will improve and not too much mpg depreciation. Ill let yall know!
    You know that saying 'give a dog a bad name' Well Barum here a few years ago were slated for their dire performance. I dissuaded my son from buying them for his Suzuki Ignis.
    I had a search and found that the Barum Brillantis 2 has replaced the Brillantis and are so much better.
    I have a habit that when buying tyres I check the label just to make sure of what I'm actually getting.
    Err, 4 tyres for £260 seems a trifle expensive, anything else getting done?

Barum Brillantis - Tyre Reviews
    www.tyrereviews.co.uk › Tyre › Barum

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    You know that saying 'give a dog a bad name' Well Barum here a few years ago were slated for their dire performance. I dissuaded my son from buying them for his Suzuki Ignis.
    I had a search and found that the Barum Brillantis 2 has replaced the Brillantis and are so much better.
    I have a habit that when buying tyres I check the label just to make sure of what I'm actually getting.
    Err, 4 tyres for £260 seems a trifle expensive, anything else getting done?

Barum Brillantis - Tyre Reviews
    www.tyrereviews.co.uk › Tyre › Barum
    No. Over here 4 name brand tires mounted and balanced with a warranty for $260 is good. That's only about $40/tire when you take away $25/tire for mounting and balancing.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    No. Over here 4 name brand tires mounted and balanced with a warranty for $260 is good. That's only about $40/tire when you take away $25/tire for mounting and balancing.
    Reading through other posts I got the impression that tyres were cheaper over there. I've just replaced my front two for £110, that'll include valves, balancing and fitting but really thought you'd get them cheaper over there.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Reading through other posts I got the impression that tyres were cheaper over there. I've just replaced my front two for £110, that'll include valves, balancing and fitting but really thought you'd get them cheaper over there.
    For a ballpark figure, my dealer quoted me $116 per tire for Pirelli 14" winters. I think they wanted $80 for installation. Doesn't include rims.

That's all Canadian dollars, so I'm not sure what the pound-to-the Canadian dollar going rate is at right now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    For a ballpark figure, my dealer quoted me $116 per tire for Pirelli 14" winters. I think they wanted $80 for installation. Doesn't include rims.

That's all Canadian dollars, so I'm not sure what the pound-to-the Canadian dollar going rate is at right now.
    Last pair of tires I bought were a pair of 165/6514 Federal SS657 tires (approximately $45 with tax & free shipping). I gave my local mechanic a $20 bill to mount & balance them for me.

Factory Dunlop tires typically sell for $115-125/tire, & that does not include any added installation fee.

$110 total for two new Federal tires mounted/balanced = 99.83 euro & $145.51 Canadian (using current exchange rates)

If I were buying 175/65-14 tires, I'd be looking at better known tires that have a decent tread warranty like some of the Falken, Hankook, & Cooper tires. Finding those tires in the $45-60 range seem to be a good value to me.

The cheapest tire isn't always the best value, and in some cases it's a waste of money! That doesn't mean cheap tires can't be a good value, too! It's good to hear what other say about tires. I take note of people like Steve getting 80,000 miles out of an affordable set of Falken tires.

In Dirk's case, I have to believe Discount Tire has had a good experience selling affordable Barum tires to their customers. If you only sell junk, it hurts your business in the long run. Happy customers = return customers!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    They're the Brillantis 2 thank god. So far after 400 miles they've settled in nicely, cornering and grip is better at the cost lower mpg. I love the tread on these things! Extremely deep and robust, good shielding against the premature degradation of the back tires if one has a bad rear axle.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mirage and FozXT winter tires swapped on yesterday, and the Mirage winter oil change done today. Oil change on the FozXT tomorrow then I'm done until spring (hopefully).
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaG4 View Post
    I bought the lighted LED console light yesterday off of flea bay. It was only $35.00 with free shipping. Still looking for the foot well LED lights but haven't come across one cheap enough for me to buy yet.

Will the Lancer lighted LED foot well work? MZ603379EX. I don't want to buy it if it doesn't work. I sent the seller a question to see if it will work on the Mirage.
    I plan to use these for my footwells: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered two sets x 2 for a total of 4 sets. One each for my Burgman bikes, two LED strips for under dash, 1 strip for under seat and 1 strip for trunk lighting.

As for the Mirages I ordered a kit each and plan to hard wire the kit (4 LED strips) into the circuit for the dome light. I've already confirmed these LEDS resume operation at whatever setting was last, so I plan to set them for orange to match the dash lights. I'll try and remember to take pics for here as I do the job. I already know the adhesive on the strip back is not up to par so some 3m double side will be required.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I Got 4.9l/100k in -5c temperature... That's what I did to it 😁

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daso For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-16-2019)