Page 87 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MCMfan,
    . . . . I would like to put my Mirage on a dyno. I could then calibrate my ScanGauge to read the correct HP. When I first installed it it was reading the power output as over 100 hp even though the manual says about 80 hp. I believe that the manual is conservative and the ScanGauge reads high. I have driven a lot of cars from under powered Chevy shove its to 700 hp super cars. I have found that my rear end is reasonably good at measuring hp. LOL! The fuel mileage loss during cold weather applies to all cars.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman,
    . . . . Maybe and maybe not. Of course my opinions are based on the fact that I am a very experienced hot rodder and auto technician with 5 decades of experience doing these things.
    . . . . Just some thoughts on where to mount the Turbo and the Intercooler. There is plenty of room under the hood of the Mirage to install these components. The Injectors would have to be increased in size and probably the fuel pump. Everything else could stay the same including the programming of the ECU. The MAP Sensor has plenty of range to handle 7 psi of boost. The O2 Sensor can compensate for any inaccuracies in A/F Ratio.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Eggman,
    . . . . Maybe and maybe not. Of course my opinions are based on the fact that I am a very experienced hot rodder and auto technician with 5 decades of experience doing these things.
    . . . . Just some thoughts on where to mount the Turbo and the Intercooler. There is plenty of room under the hood of the Mirage to install these components. The Injectors would have to be increased in size and probably the fuel pump. Everything else could stay the same including the programming of the ECU. The MAP Sensor has plenty of range to handle 7 psi of boost. The O2 Sensor can compensate for any inaccuracies in A/F Ratio.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    There have been turbo builds for these already, one being by a guy in Australia...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yesterday I gave our Mirage a good vacuuming and today I clay bar-ed it and ran it through the wash/wax. Also wiped down the interior a bit. Some of the rubber/plastic trim has some weathering that I am trying to work on. The exterior window seals are next, but I haven't figured out exactly how I want to tackle them yet. I used a magic eraser on the roof trim that was pretty rough and then used Megiures black restore on it. That brought it back to about 90%. I had tried just cleaning it and using the black restore on it, but it wasn't enough, so I taped them off and went at it with the magic eraser. Hopefully I can figure out a better way to do the window seals.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MCMfan,
    . . . . I have viewed some of those and they all seem to be engine swaps. Take the three out and put in a turbo four. I am thinking of putting a turbo on the three.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Attachment 18740
    I was cleaning out my Mirage with my shop vac today, and I discovered my driver's side floor mat is in real bad shape. What started as a dime-sized hole from my boot, has become a chunk missing.
    Previous owners of mine did the same thing!

From: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...048#post111048

Luckily, I found a like-new replacement set of mats for $20. They come up every once in a while.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Previous owners of mine did the same thing!

From: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...048#post111048

Luckily, I found a like-new replacement set of mats for $20. They come up every once in a while.

Mechanic rich recommended getting weatherguard mats. I am gonna see what I can find on my own for small-sized knockoff brands. Or like you say, see what shows up for sale on kijiji etc.

My number 1 thing though is to replace my holy floor mat with a rubber-type of floor mat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Mechanic rich recommended getting weatherguard mats. I am gonna see what I can find on my own for small-sized knockoff brands. Or like you say, see what shows up for sale on kijiji etc.

My number 1 thing though is to replace my holy floor mat with a rubber-type of floor mat.
    I bought WeatherTech front mats for my Mirage & Forester. It's the first time that I have ever tried them. I will never buy another carpeted floor mat ever again.

If you find a good knockoff brand, please share.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-24-2020)

Used Weathertechs for the Mirage also come up for sale once in a while. (Kijiji / FB marketplace) There are 2 sets near Montreal currently.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Used Weathertechs for the Mirage also come up for sale once in a while. (Kijiji / FB marketplace) There are 2 sets near Montreal currently.
    I need one of you "used good deal forum shoppers" to live near me in Wisconsin!