Page 69 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cleaned all the windows and lights. How often do y'all wash your car? I washed mine a week ago and there's already a good amount of dust on it. It could be because of LA pollution...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey, I just did my first wash on our 2018 Mirage ES today! Did a bit of detailing. Black restored the outside trim, silicon wiped the rubber seals all around, 303'ed the interior, cleaned the windows inside and out, and applied some spray wax too. I am really enjoying the new car, we bought it a week ago, and actually having a decent car to take care of. I also have an appointment to get the windows tinted Monday!

I used to be a car-washing freak - every weekend, and wax every month (old 1-stage paint needed it to stay glossy).

I am now reformed! I quit cold turkey, and now wash my car twice a year whether it needs it or not!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Loren (06-28-2020)

Welcome, Bralexander!

Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    I am really enjoying the new car, we bought it a week ago, and actually having a decent car to take care of.
    Congrats on the car. Neat little machine, isn't it?

What were you driving before?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I used to be a car-washing freak - every weekend, and wax every month (old 1-stage paint needed it to stay glossy).

I am now reformed! I quit cold turkey, and now wash my car twice a year, whether it needs it or not!
    Hah! I think my clean-car phase is going away in a few months too!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

I am now reformed! I quit cold turkey, and now wash my car twice a year, whether it needs it or not!
    My cars is washed once a year at max. At the end of March/beginning of April, if we had a winter, and there was salt on the roads.

This year there was no winter. Only covid19.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Space Wolf For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I keep "scarecrows" in my windows to keep many birds from pecking at my windows, I had a huge issue with crows, and my friend told me that trick, and solved 90% of bird/window encounters..
    I've never heard of nor had any instances of birds (much less crows) pecking at car windows. Simply wild.

Got any pictures of this? A video would be tops.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just mount a bunch of big snow blowers to the front bumper, it'd come in handy if you ever come across rioters("protesters")
    My small town is chalk full of the 65+ crowd... not sure the hippie generation does much beyond garden these days.

Talking about snowblowers, my MTD is a 28 incher.. the chute mechanism is stupid on mine, the motor etc. pretty darn sweet. You want to go big or go home if you buy a snowblower.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

From the looks of these comments I wont get flamed from the detailing freaks, but the best $12/month subscription I have is at the local car wash. I can go every day if I like, and they have free vaccuums and an automatic floormat cleaner.

Really nice for a lazy SOB
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-01-2020),MetroMPG (07-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I changed my windshield sprayers to a fan-type instead of a dual squirter, I got the part at Autozone and it took about 10 minutes to put in.

Have to remove the hood insulation (mine never went back on), and a 5/16 lock nut of the right thread pitch will work to secure them (included hardware sucks), 1/2 inch deep socket is needed as well to bolt everything down.

I also put sequential smoked fender signal lights on last week as well.

Waiting for LED everything else to upgrade in the near future.....Gonna see how terrible WISH is.....

Last edited by MCMfan92; 07-01-2020 at 06:35 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MCMfan92 For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (07-10-2020),MetroMPG (07-07-2020)