Page 124 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lolol, okay true. That is the middle of nowhere, for me though-anything outside of Mentor is pretty much the middle of nowhere I don't go too many places... Name:  Screenshot_20201127-145409.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  83.9 KB

This is LaGrange... Pretty little town... Surrounded by nothing which for some reason l like

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

I prefer smaller places for the most part. Unless the town if full of retards. I want to buy a place here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...4d-117.326529e one day, leave my quads and camper on a lot so I dont' have to drag 20,000lbs of crap on a 4hr one way drive to go quading for 3 days. I could just take the puddle jumper or the wifes suv instead. We usually camp 40 miles south of Cadomin. It's like Jasper national park but without all the restrictions and far less people.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Be prepared to have a lot of friendly neighborhood goats lol. That's what it shows in the picture small towns can be great... Or not bc all the people know each other
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I prefer smaller places for the most part. Unless the town if full of retards. I want to buy a place here https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ca...4d-117.326529e one day, leave my quads and camper on a lot so I dont' have to drag 20,000lbs of crap on a 4hr one way drive to go quading for 3 days. I could just take the puddle jumper or the wifes suv instead. We usually camp 40 miles south of Cadomin. It's like Jasper national park but without all the restrictions and far less people.
    Fummins if you could emigrate to the US would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Fummins if you could emigrate to the US would you?
    Doubtful. I'd probably flip off the wrong guy and get shot pretty fast. We have it decent enough here. Other than the winters sucking the life out of you for 5-6 months, the 3 week long summers and the rest of the year being either spring or fall it's not that bad here.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for 5 years while I worked for Toyota. You snowbirds just don't know how much work the winters are. It's too difficult to live up yonder. Winters down south are wonderful. Maybe in my future I'll explore around in Canada ... in the summer. Go as far north as the roads will take me, and look about.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

You lost me(again)..Who is being called a snow bird?

Getting back on track, I threw on of my old dunlop tires on my rim the other day til I get a new tire. To order a single it'll cost $100 by the time it's delivered. If I order a pair it's $140 shipped, so I may just go that route and have a spare for next time...
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I lived in Ann Arbor, MI for 5 years while I worked for Toyota. You snowbirds just don't know how much work the winters are. It's too difficult to live up yonder. Winters down south are wonderful. Maybe in my future I'll explore around in Canada ... in the summer. Go as far north as the roads will take me, and look about.
    Atlanta native here. You forgot to mention the absolute hell of 7 month summers in Georgia, insane power bills from the AC running full blast all the time, and horrible traffic from all the snowbirds moving down south lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Atlanta native here. You forgot to mention the absolute hell of 7 month summers in Georgia, insane power bills from the AC running full blast all the time, and horrible traffic from all the snowbirds moving down south lol.
    I spent a year in northern bc in diapers then I lived the rest here in central Alberta. There's no avoiding winter here. It's only work when it snows but got tired fast after shoveling 4 times in one day a few weeks ago. I basically said eff it, it'll melt eventually the last time it snowed. It's now ice.

I'll be too poor to be a snowbird. We went to disneyland in January when I was a kid. The only other family in the outdoor pool at the hotel was another family from southern alberta it was great! Everyone else thought we were retarded.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I spent a year in northern bc in diapers then I lived the rest here in central Alberta. There's no avoiding winter here. It's only work when it snows but got tired fast after shoveling 4 times in one day a few weeks ago. I basically said eff it, it'll melt eventually the last time it snowed. It's now ice.

I'll be too poor to be a snowbird. We went to disneyland in January when I was a kid. The only other family in the outdoor pool at the hotel was another family from southern alberta it was great! Everyone else thought we were retarded.
    Thats because your a real Great White Northerner, you wrestle polar bears, wash your nuts with ice water, and have had relations with Mrs. Santa Claus twice! Lol