Thread: This car is getting really smooth

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

This car is getting really smooth

I am LOOOOOVVING the smooooth ride in the CVT, suspension is so well refined, and it's not so noisy, I'll be getting the car insulated, my goal is to make the Cadillac of mirages... And do some insane ridesharing aiming for tips. Next mod 165-70-r14 I want that better ride quality.

Does anyone know how much the alloys on the es model weigh?

I am going to love every moment with this car and on this forum.

Getting a sticker that says something along the lines of
    "Chill driver, chill behind me, or go around"

We hypermiling, and preserving the car!! All the while staying safe

SIMPLIFY THEN ADD LIGHTNESS.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2024mirage For This Useful Post:

Dookaughs (03-23-2024),Grumpy Bear (03-23-2024),inuvik (03-23-2024),MetroMPG (Yesterday)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like your attitude

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    I am LOOOOOVVING the smooooth ride in the CVT, suspension is so well refined, and it's not so noisy, I'll be getting the car insulated, my goal is to make the Cadillac of mirages... And do some insane ridesharing aiming for tips. Next mod 165-70-r14 I want that better ride quality.

Does anyone know how much the alloys on the es model weigh?

I am going to love every moment with this car and on this forum.

Getting a sticker that says something along the lines of
    "Chill driver, chill behind me, or go around"

We hypermiling, and preserving the car!! All the while staying safe
    Yeah the CVT is really nice on flat highway even at 64 mph, better than the MT in this specific scenario IMO. More like “set the cruise control on and forget it. Enjoy the cruiser.” The CVT acts like a homebody lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle99 For This Useful Post:

Dookaughs (03-24-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Yeah the CVT is really nice on flat highway even at 64 mph, better than the MT in this specific scenario IMO. More like “set the cruise control on and forget it. Enjoy the cruiser.” The CVT acts like a homebody lol
    It really be the nicer car to drive than the manual. You can really feel the transmission is way under stressed a little light throttle and it changes ratio you can feel it pull you along with minimal effort, and it's not crazy slow at the gingerly pace. If someone is reasonable they won't ever honk you or even get mad, I think a lot of people just kinda appreciate that I'm doing their pedaling for them so to speak, I'm super smooth and try to not stop for lights and traffic, I try to coast as much as possible. I've embarrassed countless speed demons lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2024mirage For This Useful Post:

Dookaughs (Today),MetroMPG (Yesterday)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2024mirage View Post
    It really be the nicer car to drive than the manual. You can really feel the transmission is way under stressed a little light throttle and it changes ratio you can feel it pull you along with minimal effort, and it's not crazy slow at the gingerly pace. If someone is reasonable they won't ever honk you or even get mad, I think a lot of people just kinda appreciate that I'm doing their pedaling for them so to speak, I'm super smooth and try to not stop for lights and traffic, I try to coast as much as possible. I've embarrassed countless speed demons lol
    lol facts

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    It's nice to hear HOW you drive your car. I do the same, but with a 5-speed. Where I live, all the little ladies are driving QX80's, X5's, X7's, whatever the big Porsche SUV is, Audi Q7's, etc. Suburbans and Expeditions don't meet their class level any longer, it must be more expensive for them to show their faces in it.

I used to shoot for the shortest line at a traffic light. But now, if I can't cruise through, I shoot for the longer line. Because there have been plenty of instances where I'm first on the line. When green, I pull away promptly, but the way it works out, when miss fancy-pants behind me looks up from her apple phone and sees I've already started rolling, they stomp it to the floor. The timing works out to when they're starting to gain on me, I hit the clutch in no hurry to try to glide into 2nd gear. There have be several instances where I've nearly received a QX80 emema. They literally have to stomp their brakes to keep from hitting me.

In those instances, a CVT would be better. No letting off, just smooth acceleration, fewer QX80 enemas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (Yesterday)

Last time I drove a Mirage CVT was a 2017 G4 sedan, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it (diehard manual transmission driver here).

I loved how eagerly the transmission tried to keep engine RPM low for good economy & a quiet cabin.

Just keep on top of the fluid changes!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    It's nice to hear HOW you drive your car. I do the same, but with a 5-speed. Where I live, all the little ladies are driving QX80's, X5's, X7's, whatever the big Porsche SUV is, Audi Q7's, etc. Suburbans and Expeditions don't meet their class level any longer, it must be more expensive for them to show their faces in it.

I used to shoot for the shortest line at a traffic light. But now, if I can't cruise through, I shoot for the longer line. Because there have been plenty of instances where I'm first on the line. When green, I pull away promptly, but the way it works out, when miss fancy-pants behind me looks up from her apple phone and sees I've already started rolling, they stomp it to the floor. The timing works out to when they're starting to gain on me, I hit the clutch in no hurry to try to glide into 2nd gear. There have be several instances where I've nearly received a QX80 emema. They literally have to stomp their brakes to keep from hitting me.

In those instances, a CVT would be better. No letting off, just smooth acceleration, fewer QX80 enemas.
    When I head home from work and I just pick a lane and go with the flow. It's fun to watch others swerve in and out of traffic dozens of times only to have and ugly black turd keep pulling up next to or past them at every other red light.

I want to get a bumper sticker that says "tailgate me if you give fellatio" or something similar.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Yup. You gave me a flashback, sort of. Not to go off topic completely but the one thing I find it annoying in this specific scenario when I had the manual G4, and I think it just me, is being the 1st driver on the right lane, going up steep hill from the dead stop with many cars behind waiting for me to accelerate. I couldn’t not take my sweet time to upshift. And even if I did, I remembered the gravitational force pushes against me when going from 1st gear to 2nd and from 2nd gear to 3rd. After 3rd gear it was a breeze. I also remembered this very well complaining about having little to no torque while feeling uneased. The CVT solves that specific scenario for me by going to Ds mode and L.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)