Page 191 of 271 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Quote Originally Posted by 357sigman View Post
    added a net type phone holder so it dont flip flop allover the place wile using android autoAttachment 22675
    Good idea. I could use a bunch of those to hold gloves, phones and other random crap in our side by side! And maybe the car too. Right now my phone bounces around in the cup holder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good idea. I could use a bunch of those to hold gloves, phones and other random crap in our side by side! And maybe the car too. Right now my phone bounces around in the cup holder.
    I had the same thought. If they aren't expensive, I would add one to my driver's education car for kids & their big honking phones when they are driving. It would be more secure than what they do now & out of my way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I had the same thought. If they aren't expensive, I would add one to my driver's education car for kids & their big honking phones when they are driving. It would be more secure than what they do now & out of my way.
    i got the med size i paid 10 bucks for two of them , there just double sided tape mounted

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 357sigman View Post
    i got the med size i paid 10 bucks for two of them , there just double sided tape mounted
    You have a link?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    You have a link?
    was on Ebay . sorry was the small size https://www.ebay.com/itm/383556608003
    price went up 2 bucks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 357sigman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I ordered the passenger side sun-visor for my 2021 Mirage SE that now has the built in mirror for 2022 finally on all Mirages for the Passenger!
    Part Number is 7620AW001P and I got it from mitsubishipartsnow.com

I was not concerned about the price just glad to have it lol as passengers always look for a mirror when in my car and now I can have it match the driver sider and be OEM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KevMcKenzie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-14-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcKenzie View Post
    I ordered the passenger side sun-visor for my 2021 Mirage SE that now has the built in mirror for 2022 finally on all Mirages for the Passenger!
    Part Number is 7620AW001P and I got it from mitsubishipartsnow.com

I was not concerned about the price just glad to have it lol as passengers always look for a mirror when in my car and now I can have it match the driver sider and be OEM.
    Was your wife a big factor in this vanity mirror decision? I know mine wasn't thrilled when she 1st pulled the passenger sun visor down and didn't see a mirror. Lol.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Changed my set of worn out tires today

I got a puncture yesterday and started losing air on my tires. I tried getting them repaired, but was told that my tires were too worn out to repair. I checked and sure enough I was past the wear marker on my tires. So I pumped extra air while I decided what tires to buy.

After searching online and reading through the forum, I went with a full set of Barum Brillantis 2 (175/65/14) to replace my worn out Hankook Kinergy ST (175/65/14). The biggest factor for my choice was availability and price. The Barums were $48 each compared to the Kumho ($80) and the Nexen NPriz ($89). The Firestone Potenza were available, but at $149 each, I wasn't ready to spend $700 for those.

For a full set plus installation, the Barums were a total of $312 (Compared to Kumho @ $421 and Nexen @ $464) And since Continental owns Barum, I figured they were better than some other no name brand. America's Tire did the whole thing in like 20 minutes.

My initial impressions are mostly positive, though my only point of comparison are my old Kinergy ST. The ride is a bit more comfortable, the grip feels better, and the car coast a bit more easily than before. I'm going to check and see if my MPG takes a hit, but as long as it's the same as before I'm happy (26 city/43 hwy). And the amount of thread on this thing is surprisingly thick. I'm surprised the grooves are that deep, though only time will tell if these tires last.

Some negatives. At slow speeds they are extremely quiet, but at highway speeds it's about the same as my old tires, maybe a touch louder. And they do get a bit squeaky if they're pushed hard around a corner. I was hoping the "asymmetrical design" would make it a bit quieter, but I'm not a tire expert and they are cheap. I need to drive around a bit more to get a feel for them. And while America's Tire list it as an "all-season tire", the manufacturer website list it as a "summer tire". I guess I'll find out how well they perform when it rains. As a side note, the max PSI is 44 compared to the Kinergy's 51 PSI. Not sure why it's rated lower, but thought I should mention it.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase for now. We'll see how well they wear over time and how they handle in the rain. Reviews online have been mostly positive, so I'm optimistic especially with a lightweight car like the Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Was your wife a big factor in this vanity mirror decision? I know mine wasn't thrilled when she 1st pulled the passenger sun visor down and didn't see a mirror. Lol.
    A friend a of mine whined about the lack of a mirror.

I now have this in my glovebox -

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goody-Lar...e&athbdg=L1200

Now I can accommodate my rear passengers (who I never have) with a mirror at the same time!!!!!

If they really whine about the lack of a mirror, I have one to whack them with, too!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-14-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Changed the oil

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)