Page 91 of 272 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    MirageRally,
    . . . . OK! Then you can replace the fender but it would be cheaper to just repair that fender. Just a thought. Of course since the paint isn't cracked you could just live with it!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Either way, l'll probably just live with it...it's a subcompact car with extremely narrow sheet metal...going through the brush-less car wash today l felt every panel expand and contract!

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You got a link to the red Mitsu logo on your wheel?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2019-M...0-2af2179f4bf0

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I took our Mirage on a trip to pick up a somewhat hard to find tag along bicycle today. A little over four hours round trip, mostly high speed highway driving at 80ish MPH, all with the a/c on(Florida). Then I filled up the tank... 34.9mpg

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    Well, I took our Mirage on a trip to pick up a somewhat hard to find tag along bicycle today. A little over four hours round trip, mostly high speed highway driving at 80ish MPH, all with the a/c on(Florida). Then I filled up the tank... 34.9mpg
    The speed traveled plus A/C use is the culprit of your low fuel economy numbers. Wind resistance has a big effect. Slow down and watch your MID-A numbers climb.

Traveling at those speeds negates the fuel efficiency purpose of the Mirage design. If regular use calls for 80mph speeds, perhaps the Mirage is not the best choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The speed traveled plus A/C use is the culprit of your low fuel economy numbers. Wind resistance has a big effect. Slow down and watch your MID-A numbers climb.

Traveling at those speeds negates the fuel efficiency purpose of the Mirage design. If regular use calls for 80mph speeds, perhaps the Mirage is not the best choice.
    Oh I am well aware of the causes for the hit to the fuel efficiency

Traveling on these high speed roads is not a regular occurrence for us by any means, and I actually prefer back roads for longer trips, but I was trying not to use up the whole day driving. I was more shocked by how much all the tolls are nowadays than my mpg. I paid way more in tolls than I paid in gas...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    lol, that too- l'm also pretty short 5"3 and can barely stick my head out the window as it is! Ha, sometimes l wonder if l'm still a kid and just yesterday l could barely reach the chips on top of the fridge! Sucks being short lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MirageRally,
    . . . . I was short all through High School. I was 5'1" when I graduated and I weighed all of 100 pounds. I didn't put on my final height until I was 21. I grew 10 inches in 10 months. The human body doesn't like growing an inch a month when you are over 21 years.
    . . . . I learned to drive using our Pontiac Bonneville 442. At 16 I looked like I was 12 and I was being stopped every time I passed a police officer. I just left my registration and drivers license sitting out on the front seat. One time I was stopped 6 times in 6 blocks by 6 different officers. That last time I asked to speak with a sergeant or a lieutenant. A lieutenant came to talk to me at home. I told him what was happening. At the next day's briefing the officers were told that this little kid had a drivers license and he was to be left alone unless he was doing something wrong. I no longer got stopped because of my looks.
    . . . . Well I received my DOHC MIVEC decals today. I plan on putting them on sometime this week. When I finish I'll take some pictures.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    MirageRally,
    . . . . I was short all through High School. I was 5'1" when I graduated and I weighed all of 100 pounds. I didn't put on my final height until I was 21. I grew 10 inches in 10 months. The human body doesn't like growing an inch a month when you are over 21 years.
    . . . . I learned to drive using our Pontiac Bonneville 442. At 16 I looked like I was 12 and I was being stopped every time I passed a police officer. I just left my registration and drivers license sitting out on the front seat. One time I was stopped 6 times in 6 blocks by 6 different officers. That last time I asked to speak with a sergeant or a lieutenant. A lieutenant came to talk to me at home. I told him what was happening. At the next day's briefing the officers were told that this little kid had a drivers license and he was to be left alone unless he was doing something wrong. I no longer got stopped because of my looks.
    . . . . Well I received my DOHC MIVEC decals today. I plan on putting them on sometime this week. When I finish I'll take some pictures.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Bah ahaha. I’m glad I’m tall!

Also, if they threw a Hoonigan sticker in for free, toss it. Absolutely garbage. Peeled off second day

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MCMfan92 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MCMfan,
    . . . . I am glad that I finally grew up but it was real pain for 10 months. What is a Hoonigan Sticker?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-28-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    Bah ahaha. I’m glad I’m tall!

Also, if they threw a Hoonigan sticker in for free, toss it. Absolutely garbage. Peeled off second day
    Also, since l not only look like a high schooler bc of my height...my baby face makes me look like l'm even younger l'll appreciate it when l'm older for sure, but sometimes...oof...l weighed 150lbs then a year ago l jogged 5 miles a day and lifted weights on the off days...l went from 150 to 105 in 6 months...guess what?...it wasn't healthy weight....l've been trying to lose some stubborn fat for the past 5 years...went from only cardio to only weights to weights+cardio+eating less...now l've been to the doctors and he told me l was wearing my miniscus in my knees from working out too hard...that was last year...so now l Intermittently fast for the day, walk 5-10 miles a day 3x a week (slowly building up to 5x a week) and then when l get home l eat something before bed...l also get kidney stones...and eating less and eating vegan has helped keep my stones at bay...protein shakes instantly build up my stones bc my kidneys can't process protein, salt, and calcium correctly...any one of those in high concentration and l get a stone...l'm only 24 and yet l've passed 7 kidney stones over my life!...trust me...l don't wish them on anyone....haven't had to go to the hospital...yet...and l hope l never have too...