Page 156 of 272 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    What do you guys do with the rear cargo area? I had to take the spare out last year when I got a flat and now the cardboard wobbles around in the back. Put any weight on it and it bends. I wish they spend the $1 extra to make it a hard piece of plastic or something.
    Why's it still wobbling if you put the spare back in after using it?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I ordered to 2 new OEM radiator caps at $15 each, not bad price. I heard Scotty said its a good idea to replace them every 5 to 6 years. Thoughts?

Scotty is clearly in the pocket of Big Radiator Cap.

I've never experienced a faulty rad cap in my lifetime of 30+ crapcan cars (or any of my extended family's decent and/or crapcan cars).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-26-2021),dragon2knight (05-03-2021),Fummins (04-26-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I ordered to 2 new OEM radiator caps at $15 each, not bad price. I heard Scotty said its a good idea to replace them every 5 to 6 years. Thoughts?
    I'm not sure that I would replace one every 5-6 years, but I would inspect & replace it when necessary. Radiator caps can go bad. Many things that have rubber seals & springs can have a limited lifespan. Some will say radiator caps should last the life of the vehicle, but having one go bad is not that unusual.

I had one literally fall apart into pieces, but it was on my old 4WD compact diesel tractor (Mitsubishi diesel engine) from the late 1970s. I was working the tractor quite hard at the time. A trip to Auto Zone for a new radiator cap & some replacement fluid got me going again. I brought the pieces of the broken cap with me to match one up the best I could. Then again, the tractor company that made my tractor went out of business decades ago. Everything is aftermarket to keep it going.

If you're losing radiator fluid, hoses & radiator caps are the best places to start looking for leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7u2hFwXTXk

I wouldn't replace one that's not leaking, unless you can visually see the rubber seals starting to crack. It's a good thing to inspect, but it's not an item I am overly concerned about. On a positive note, no tools or great skill are needed to replace one!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-26-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm not sure that I would replace one every 5-6 years, but I would inspect & replace it when necessary. Radiator caps can go bad. Many things that have rubber seals & springs can have a limited lifespan. Some will say radiator caps should last the life of the vehicle, but having one go bad is not that unusual.

I had one literally fall apart into pieces, but it was on my old 4WD compact diesel tractor (Mitsubishi diesel engine) from the late 1970s. I was working the tractor quite hard at the time. A trip to Auto Zone for a new radiator cap & some replacement fluid got me going again. I brought the pieces of the broken cap with me to match one up the best I could. Then again, the tractor company that made my tractor went out of business decades ago. Everything is aftermarket to keep it going.

If you're losing radiator fluid, hoses & radiator caps are the best places to start looking for leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7u2hFwXTXk

I wouldn't replace one that's not leaking, unless you can visually see the rubber seals starting to crack. It's a good thing to inspect, but it's not an item I am overly concerned about. On a positive note, no tools or great skill are needed to replace one!
    I'm just keeping them handy, just in case. I've already dealt with some coolant leaks issues with a Mitsu dealership putting in a new engine on the G4 and the piping getting bent. As of now its only leaking a tiny bit right by the heatercore and firewall. I just keep an eye on the reservoir and fill it with Asian blue as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Scotty is clearly in the pocket of Big Radiator Cap.

I've never experienced a faulty rad cap in my lifetime of 30+ crapcan cars (or any of my extended family's decent and/or crapcan cars).
    The only ones I remember replacing are the pos plastic caps on random GM's. If I ever did replace a metal cap on one of my junkers it was only to make it shiny.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Today I installed a dash cam. I had for a while a generic 1080p Action Camera and since it has a 'Car Mode' function I decided to use in my G4. The camera came with correct mounting attachment and I had a suction cup mount already. Works good.

Name:  IMG_2943.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  93.2 KBName:  IMG_2938.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  86.8 KB

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-28-2021),MetroMPG (05-01-2021)

I did this...

I was removing my trailer hitch receiver.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (05-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nip/tucked my 17

See thread:
    Thread: Swapped 2021 Mirage face & rear onto 2017 Mirage

Last edited by Alex1a1f; 05-02-2021 at 12:28 AM.
    (blank signature)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (05-03-2021),PityOnU (05-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had imported the storage compartment trunk insert from Europe late last year. I was getting ready to go for a drive around the area and wanted to toss some stuff in the back of the car. I read in another thread on the forum here that the rear seat just unclips and pops out with a few good yanks. Turns out, after you do that, the rear seats in the hatch end up paying down completely flat, at the same height as the raised trunk floor with the storage compartment.

After 6 months, this car still continues to impress me.

Name:  IMG_20210430_213538.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  85.8 KB

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-02-2021),inuvik (05-03-2021)