Page 39 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    catch can was actually in the way of the hood prop Name:  20190330_141121.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  91.1 KB

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (03-31-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I got a nice set of these for $90 off of Craigslist. https://www.gomiata.com/kok1tssi14.html in what appears to be gunmetal gray. Next paycheck, I'll find some place to junk the old tires on them and move the Enasaves to them from my steelies. Then sometime before winter, I want to put https://www.tires-easy.com/155-70-14...recode/T428454 on my steelies.

So why do the Koseis have 2 valves?
    Not really paying attention to all this until just now, the Mirage rims are a 56.1 center bore size, and 54.1 is another common size that is smaller. Thus, buying rims without knowing the center bore size is a gamble that I wouldn't take. Especially if the seller is not recommended the rims for a Mirage, or you don't know for sure what other cars are compatible. Useful information has been shared in another useful thread.

I haven't paid much attention to this, because I am ok with plain black steel wheels.

Two valve stems allow you to pump air into the tire with one stem while having your tire pressure gauge on the other stem. I guess that might save a person 30 seconds while doing that job. It wouldn't be a big selling point for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK4IKGao4og

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found this...the things I do when I'm bored at work... "The two valve stems help in exchanging ambient air for Nitrogen. One stem is used to bleed off the ambient air while nitrogen is put in the opposite stem." https://blog.tirerack.com/blog/yokoh...kosei-k1-wheel Also, more reading about the rim makes it sound like I got the light gray color.

The seller said they were from his old Honda Civic and Civics have the same center bore size. He also let me try them on the front and back of my car before I bought them. I forgot to give the steering wheel a twist to see if there were any steering limit issues, but my understanding is that an offset of 38mm puts the tires further from the center of the car, but still only being 6 inches wide and with no intention of using wider tires, I shouldn't have a problem.

I plan to have them on my car by the end of this week.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those wheels do come with a larger bore and they did come with the proper hub rings for his Honda and my Mirage. I'm going to get an alignment check before I start playing with wheels/suspension. I have an appointment for a free alignment for 4/8. I also want to get my taxes done before I put more money into this (4/10) so my original plan of having them installed this week is getting put off.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    Those wheels do come with a larger bore and they did come with the proper hub rings for his Honda and my Mirage.
    That's great news.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Did the winter to all-season tire change. 14" Metro Fast Wheels and the OEM 15" wheel/tire combo's are so light compared to the 18" OEM's on the FozXT , or the 18" OEM's on the current generation Honda CRV. I like small cars.
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to craigq For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had some surface rust on both sides of the rear axle. So since it was such a beautiful day I decided to rattle can some rustoleum rust reformer on the areas then some regular rustoleum paint on top. Sprayed the metal under the back bumper while I was at it. Jacked up each side and pulled the tire on each for very easy access. Threw a coat of wax on the hood, front bumper, and roof while I was at it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ed100 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Installed newer set of Supertuning 14" T10 rims with new 165/65-14 Federal Formoza GIO tires.

Old Mini wheels for sale!
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...15-quot-Wheels!
    (blank signature)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-22-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Old Mini wheels for sale!
    I would consider your Mini rims for my Mirage, but you live across the continent I'm near Detroit/Toronto.

Those new rims look amazing. I wouldn't mind the rims on my own Mirage, same goes for the rain deflectors. and the bug deflector up front. Looks mint.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im thinking about taking mine in to get the rear axle replaced if the dealership will do it. I only got till July to see if it needs to be done. Did you bring a spec sheet from another alignment place to show the Mitsu service center or were they cool about just doing it? I got the warranty history on my used vehicle and shows no rear axle work done.