Page 134 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    That hubcap on the rear wheel is for drag? Any reason why you don't have one on the front wheel? And you removed the left mirror?
    You're forgetting to question that aero spoiler/snow shelf lolol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I took took too long to put my car back together. Now I forget what goes where. Could anyone please help me?

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-Back-Together

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just picked up Piddles from having a sunroof installed. The specific model was a Webasto 321L.

I'll mull it about for the next few days and post a detailed review with photos, as it seems very few people have done this.

For now my feelings are "meh."

Like I said, though, I'll think about it for a few days here. I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm now of a certain age s.t. my gut reaction to things that are new/different is generally negative at first.
    Last edited by PityOnU; 01-14-2021 at 06:43 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I just picked up Piddles from having a sunroof installed. The specific model was a Webasto 321L.

I'll mull it about for the next few days and post a detailed review with photos, as it seems very few people have done this.

For now, though, my feelings are "meh."

Like I said, though, I'll think about it for a few days here. I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm now of a certain age s.t. my general reaction to things that are new/different is generally negative at first.
    You are very brave! I would be super anxious about leaks with an aftermarket sunroof. Keep us updated!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts

For now, though, my feelings are "meh."

Like I said, though, I'll think about it for a few days here. I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm now of a certain age s.t. my general reaction to things that are new/different is generally negative at first.
    I like the thought of a sunroof on a Mirage, but I must also admit that I have never owned a vehicle with one.

Obviously, no one wants leak. I get that.

I would like your take on increase air flow in the car? I like driving without A/C & the rear windows opened a bit during the summer to increase air flow. Do you sense a difference in air flow with just the sunroof open?

Second question - Does the sunroof create much extra wind noise when opened?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

For now my feelings are "meh."

Like I said, though, I'll think about it for a few days here. I'm self-aware enough to know that I'm now of a certain age s.t. my gut reaction to things that are new/different is generally negative at first.

Pics! I love my moonroof.
    (blank signature)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (01-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I like the thought of a sunroof on a Mirage, but I must also admit that I have never owned a vehicle with one.

Obviously, no one wants leak. I get that.

I would like your take on increase air flow in the car? I like driving without A/C & the rear windows opened a bit during the summer to increase air flow. Do you sense a difference in air flow with just the sunroof open?

Second question - Does the sunroof create much extra wind noise when opened?
    I have a sunroof on my Lexus LS. If I could UNsunroof it, I would. It has 0 problems. But likely it is because it parks indoors. All sunroofs leak. EVERY SINGLE ONE. However, they have catch pans and drains down the pillars to deal with it. It is such an unused item for me, I'd rather not deal with the problems of a sunroof.

On a side note. My Corolla, it had a sunroof. Near the end of its life, it started having a leak. Soaking the headliner, and running down and getting the floor wet, especially the rear where the rear passenger feet go. It was about that time that I let the wife have it. She whined and whined about getting dripped on after it rained. She kept bugging me to get it fixed. I told her to just swim and hush up. A year or so later, she led the car to a tragic premature end to it's life after only 280k miles or so. She got T-Boned. Sure am glad I didn't spend money fixing a water leak. That would have been money pissed away. However, I want to say that later, when I was investigating it, I don't believe it was a leak via the sunroof after all. I think the front windshield had developed a leak in the urethane seal, and water was ingressing there and working its way rearward and down. Oh well. Money well not spent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Basic (01-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Pics! I love my moonroof.
    Post some pictures if you can, my guy. I had no idea about what options would fit/were available going into this, so I just had to trust the installer. Ended up with a spoiler-style sunroof. Would really have loved to have had a bit more information going into things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Post some pictures if you can, my guy. I had no idea about what options would fit/were available going into this, so I just had to trust the installer. Ended up with a spoiler-style sunroof. Would really have loved to have had a bit more information going into things.
    I had one option to choose from myself. I'm happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    (blank signature)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

BecauseRaceCar (01-18-2021),MetroMPG (01-14-2021)

Sunroof! Looking forward to the details.

I'm a fan. I used to specifically buy one car over another because it had a sunroof.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)