Page 139 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Depends on usage! Flat highway driving? You wouldn't notice a big difference from added weight.

---

I cleared some snow & ice off mine on the weekend. Haven't driven it for 3 weeks now? Maybe next week.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Agreed! Enough, already.

Now let's talk about how I removed all the airbags to save weight.

It handles better AND gets better MPG! Win, win.

Bet it corners on rails now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Who really needs seats anyways? A few pillows on the floor should do the trick!
    Which weighs more - the pillows or a milk crate?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

Bet it corners on rails now.

Which weighs more - the pillows or a milk crate?
    What kind of pillows? Memory foam, feathers or ?? How about milk crate, plastic?

I feel dumb for not thinking of this earlier...It's winter, just take off your jacket and sit on it!

Next step, custom door, and hatch delete. Because why not.

I like the way this is headed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What kind of pillows? Memory foam, feathers or ?? How about milk crate, plastic?
    Don't discount the support offered by the latest polyester fiberfills.

Regarding milk crates it'll have to be plastic - wire-formed crates are getting real hard to find but there's a weight penalty to deal with.

I feel dumb for not thinking of this earlier...It's winter, just take off your jacket and sit on it!
    How very Happy Days.

Next step, custom door, and hatch delete. Because why not.

I like the way this is headed.
    I don't understand why you would need a custom door when you could just fugettaboutit. All four. The Mirage has that RISE reinforced structural steel passenger compartment. Maybe a tubular door frame to hold a speaker.

Last edited by Eggman; 01-25-2021 at 09:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    One of our locals here has figured out how to reduce some of that pesky glass weight.

Name:  DB9B1FCC-92BC-4A5D-B8FB-13F0635F9989.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  95.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    One of our locals here has figured out how to reduce some of that pesky glass weight.

Name:  DB9B1FCC-92BC-4A5D-B8FB-13F0635F9989.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  95.5 KB
    Wow - still running.

That's impressive! A few cans of spray foam and that thing will be mint!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Don't discount the support offered by the latest polyester fiberfills.

Regarding milk crates it'll have to be plastic - wire-formed crates are getting real hard to find but there's a weight penalty to deal with.

How very Happy Days.

I don't understand why you would need a custom door when you could just fugettaboutit. All four. The Mirage has that RISE reinforced structural steel passenger compartment. Maybe a tubular door frame to hold a speaker.

That's what I meant. I was trying to be cool and call it custom but failed. Stupid words.

My Teryx has a "rops" but I wouldn't really put too much faith in it after seeing some other peoples epic fails Attachment 20491

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Teryx has a "rops" but I wouldn't really put too much faith in it after seeing some other peoples epic fails
    Then you’ll like Matt’s Off Road Recovery videos.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    It makes me curious as to what it actually takes to significantly change the MPG on this car. Can you still get similar MPG even with 4 adults in the car?
    PityOnU - I spend a fair amount of time on the interstate with any of my cars and motorcycles. In the Mirage I go back and forth on whether I should just run its guts out on the interstate and let it get what it gets because it is efficient in any event. Or drive it conservatively and try to impress myself (because I seem to be the only one who cares). It is my belief that the Mirage is VERY wind direction sensitive. The couple times I've ran it sort of hard I also had a head wind, even if sort of small headwind. And it drags the mpg way down. And even if the Mirage has a low coefficient of drag, anything that can be done to make it cut through the air (or put the air back together) even more may be a noticeable improvement.

As for the 4 adults. My guess is if you're willing to accelerate even slower with 4 adults, the mpg shouldn't go down much.

When I say I'm the only one that cares ... as you guys (and gals I suppose) can attest, we can be hurtling our Mirages down the interstate at 80 mph, getting 35+ mpg while doing so, and some idiot will come by blowing us off the road at 90 mph in their Hummer H2 getting 6 or 7 mpg without a care in the world. That annoys me. With my big ole 7,140 pound Dodge Ram I used to have a 24 enclosed trailer. I would tow my trailer (overloaded) trying to save fuel, and get 13.5 mpg which is better than an H2 can do driving all by itself. Even with a big fuel hog of a truck I still try to get good mpg ... but other people just don't have a care in the world, you guys know what I mean ... I'm preaching to the choir ... AGAIN.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-26-2021)