Page 115 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    dragon2knight : the Bronx, eh?

Do you have one of those NYC bumper protectors on there too?
    As promised, the 1 1/2" thick, solid rubber License plate mounted bumper guard. This things a beast!
    Name:  20201107_101328_HDR.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  96.9 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (11-08-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I changed my oil/filter as well as the spark plugs at 70thousand km. Not strictly necessary as they are rated for 160thousand km but at $6 plug for the ngk iridiums it's cheap insurance. The idle smoothed out afterwards so I might have had one grumpy plug...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Never soldered before, but tried and succeeded. Changed orange and white LEDs to blue
    (blank signature)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-09-2020),Fummins (11-09-2020),inuvik (11-08-2020),precisionxt (11-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I saw your post on Facebook about swapping your LED's out. I assume these blue LED's are WAY brighter, even with the headlights on?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precisionxt View Post
    I saw your post on Facebook about swapping your LED's out. I assume these blue LED's are WAY brighter, even with the headlights on?
    I posted night pictures too.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I just got back from a 7,500 mile drive. It was a mixed bag. I lost two hub caps. One in St. Louis and the other in MN. My radio has developed severe distortion at high volume levels in the right channel. It started in the LA area.I enjoyed my self. There are a lot of really nice people out there. I met a pitiful little man in the SF area and I use the term man very loosely. He behaved as if I had pus all over my face and snakes coming out of my head because I didn't have a mask on. Very sad. Lots of CNN koolaid there. I went to Glacier but the road though the park is closed. I hope that I can go back next summer. I am hoping that I can also drive to Alaska next summer. I'll have to see how I feel. The car ran great. Still averaging 40. I saw some 50 mpg tanks with a tail wind and some 30 mpg tanks with a head wind. A couple of times I was at 115mph for a bit. This engine is making a lot more than 80HP. I would say it is making closer to 110 horses. I pulled the Grapevine in CA. I had to use 3rd gear gear and I saw 212F of water temp. It was 90 outside. I was running 6,500 rpm for several miles. Lots of fun.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Hello all,
    . . . . I just got back from a 7,500 mile drive. It was a mixed bag. I lost two hub caps. One in St. Louis and the other in MN. My radio has developed severe distortion at high volume levels in the right channel. It started in the LA area.I enjoyed my self. There are a lot of really nice people out there. I met a pitiful little man in the SF area and I use the term man very loosely. He behaved as if I had pus all over my face and snakes coming out of my head because I didn't have a mask on. Very sad. Lots of CNN koolaid there. I went to Glacier but the road though the park is closed. I hope that I can go back next summer. I am hoping that I can also drive to Alaska next summer. I'll have to see how I feel. The car ran great. Still averaging 40. I saw some 50 mpg tanks with a tail wind and some 30 mpg tanks with a head wind. A couple of times I was at 115mph for a bit. This engine is making a lot more than 80HP. I would say it is making closer to 110 horses. I pulled the Grapevine in CA. I had to use 3rd gear gear and I saw 212F of water temp. It was 90 outside. I was running 6,500 rpm for several miles. Lots of fun.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Rich - I recommend you visit Death Valley. Outside of green forested mountain tundra, it is the most beautiful place. I'm born and raised and lived most of my life in GA. But Death Valley is a wonderland.

As for the run up to Alaska, depending on where exactly you're going, as I understand, it is very tough on tires. Being that we're running on almost bicycle tires, plan accordingly.

If it was flat and level, and your speedometer read 115 mph, I'm guessing you were actually doing more like between 105 and 110 mph. The speedometer is optimistic. Either way, that's impressive for 74 or 78 hp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Z,
    . . . . I grew up in Las Vegas and Death Valley was one of my play grounds. Otherwise I have been there many, many times and Yes it is beautiful. I will keep it in mind about tires when I plan on going to AK. I hadn't thought of that. Of course I would leave here with brand new tires in place. The actual speed was 115. This was what the ScanGauge was reporting and my reading on the stock speedometer was right at 120. So yes, this engine is making at least 100hp. In Corona I had my most expensive oil change to date. The oil was about $30. The filter was $30, and the labor was $66. Throw in the fees that CA charges plus 10% tax and the oil change was almost $150. Over twice what it costs here. Ouch!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Wow! Kalifornia ... how can you good people stand that crap. You probably do your own oil changes when at home. I just did my own and the cost was $23.29.

I have a feeling the top speed of the G4 will be higher than the Hatch. The G4 body is bound to be able to put the air back together at the rear. I wish Toyota would let me go back to TAPG and run a few timed circles (pedal slammed down) and get an official measurement (for the 5-Speed Hatch).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Z,
    . . . . I don't know how they put up with it. I left CA 30 years ago. The commies were just starting to take over and make life difficult. I have always loved LA and SF but I still prefer NV. You are probably correct bout the G4. Still I am certain that this engine punches way above it's weight class. I would say 110 HP.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Not so happy any more!