Page 165 of 272 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Mirage is the kind of car that old people buy and rarely drive... the true grail is out there. I figure in a few years I'll snag a 10 year-old one with 20k kms on it.
    I agree with that. A manual transmission makes the search a bit more difficult, but it will be out there some day.

If I had to replace my 2017 Mirage some day, my top pick (holy grail) would be a 2019 ES manual. Cruise control became standard in 2019 here, & manual climate controls still existed. In some cases, I would pay extra to not have some of the extra features found on many of today's cars.

I would have guessed your search was still on. In the meantime, flipping Mirages just adds funds for that ultimate purchase some day.

Someone asked me recently if I was a veteran car flipper.

I didn't really think of myself that way until they asked. But since my high school days, about once a year I've found an interesting car to buy, repair, drive, clean, sell & make a small profit. I figure I've "paid myself" about $20k for all the econoboxes I've ever owned. Don't ask me my hourly wage. It's probably terrible.

Are you a flipper if you drive the car for a year-ish? (The recent $800 Honda Fit was not normal for me - that's the shortest I've ever owned a car.)

I don't do it to make money - more to try out different cars and learn about repairs & minor bodywork. I probably would have done it even if I could only have broken even.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Macedonia
    Thanks
    Got to the 1800 km mark (a little over 1000 miles). I also went to the dealer as I was hearing a metallic whistle noise at around 2.5k rpm, stationary & in drive. Was told that some metal/tin part wasn't bolted properly. They bolted it back in, and the noise is still there, but a bit quieter now. Was advised to get the car back to them at the end of summer, after it has "broken-in" properly to check things out further. Anyone dealt with a similar issue? I mean, nothing is wrong on the engine side, transmission or anything, car runs fine.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks to fellow forum member MirageRally I now have this rather excellent Ultimate 9 EVC throttle controller installed in my 2019 ES. Site link: https://ultimate9usa.com/

I've been using it in all sorts of situations on the road trip I just finished up and can say it does indeed do what it says on the tin, and it does it well. Especially the Ultimate (U) settings, anything above a 6 (on a scale from 1-10) did me good.Didn't bother going in the other direction, the setting for E (economy). This is for folks who are ultra-milers who need to ring every extra foot out of their gas tanks....I'm fine with it the way it is I recommend this highly if living in a mountainous area as it improved throttle response immensely there.

Many thanks once again to MirageRally, this was the best part of the road trip having him actually give me and install something that turned out to be extremely useful to me for the remainder of my road trip

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    Thanks to fellow forum member MirageRally I now have this rather excellent Ultimate 9 EVC throttle controller installed in my 2019 ES. Site link: https://ultimate9usa.com/

I've been using it in all sorts of situations on the road trip I just finished up and can say it does indeed do what it says on the tin, and it does it well. Especially the Ultimate (U) settings, anything above a 6 (on a scale from 1-10) did me good.Didn't bother going in the other direction, the setting for E (economy). This is for folks who are ultra-milers who need to ring every extra foot out of their gas tanks....I'm fine with it the way it is I recommend this highly if living in a mountainous area as it improved throttle response immensely there.

Many thanks once again to MirageRally, this was the best part of the road trip having him actually give me and install something that turned out to be extremely useful to me for the remainder of my road trip
    Glad you enjoy it. Always happy to help. l have my Rebel 500 Delivered next week and then l'll practice riding on my street before the open road.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-16-2021),Eggman (07-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Glad you enjoy it. Always happy to help. l have my Rebel 500 Delivered next week and then l'll practice riding on my street before the open road.
    Enjoy it!! I wish I got there a week later, I could have given you some pointers....might even head out that way again before the end of the summer, so that might still be a possibility

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-16-2021),MirageRally (07-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    l have my Rebel 500 Delivered next week and then l'll practice riding on my street before the open road.
    WOAH, WOAH, Woah, woah. Now just backup there. What happened with getting a Grom?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    WOAH, WOAH, Woah, woah. Now just backup there. What happened with getting a Grom?
    Yeah, what he said. Decided for something more road-worthy?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I should probably let MirageRally speak for himself, but I believe he was going to customize his Honda Grom with the same engine? Sounds like he may be skipping that step. If someone is serious about riding a cycle on the highway, I think one would outgrow a Grom quite quickly.

I also have to believe riding a Rebel 500 will be much safer than riding a small Grom with a 471cc engine installed in it. The Rebel 500 is designed (brakes, suspension, and tires) for that size engine. If someone is not blessed with long legs, the Rebel 300 or 500 are good cycles to check out. I think these are perfect starter bikes, but experienced riders would still very much enjoy them, too!

If I were in the market for a new cycle, the Honda Rebel 500 or CB500X would be at the top my list. I really like parallel twins in that (500-650cc) size range. Plus, Honda cycles are super dependable!

The Honda Grom would be a hoot, but I think the Honda Rebel would be an awesome first cycle for anyone! Almost makes me want to buy one & go riding with MirageRally some day!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I should probably let MirageRally speak for himself, but I believe he was going to customize his Honda Grom with the same engine? Sounds like he may be skipping that step. If someone is serious about riding a cycle on the highway, I think one would outgrow a Grom quite quickly.

I also have to believe riding a Rebel 500 will be much safer than riding a small Grom with a 471cc engine installed in it. The Rebel 500 is designed (brakes, suspension, and tires) for that size engine. If someone is not blessed with long legs, the Rebel 300 or 500 are good cycles to check out. I think these are perfect starter bikes, but experienced riders would still very much enjoy them, too!

If I were in the market for a new cycle, the Honda Rebel 500 or CB500X would be at the top my list. I really like parallel twins in that (500-650cc) size range. Plus, Honda cycles are super dependable!

The Honda Grom would be a hoot, but I think the Honda Rebel would be an awesome first cycle for anyone! Almost makes me want to buy one & go riding with MirageRally some day!!!!
    We discussed a few different options a few times, and the Grom really wasn't a great choice. But I do believe it was not having any in stock by him that killed it off. Whatever the reason, I'm glad hes getting a better one instead.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-16-2021)