Page 102 of 271 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Can l convert the Auto-climate controls to manual?
    I don't know if you have read your manual on auto-climate controls, but my owner's manual states -

The factory setting is “Enable automatic air conditioning control”.

Sounds like this could be changed in ETACS?

I believe auto-climate controls can be used like manual controls regardless. You may need to make sense of the owner's manual?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know if you have read your manual on auto-climate controls, but my owner's manual states -

The factory setting is “Enable automatic air conditioning control”.

Sounds like this could be changed in ETACS?

I believe auto-climate controls can be used like manual controls regardless. You may need to make sense of the owner's manual?
    In Mirages with Automatic Climate Control, the air conditioning compressor runs all the time by default. It is possible to turn off this automatic A/C operation. Just hold the A/C button (designated by a snowflake) until the system beeps. No ETACS programmer is necessary. It is easily reversible at any time. Air conditioning can be turned on manually when needed, and this saves the compressor from excessive wear and tear along with improving fuel economy.

Trying to pull the AC Fuse...looking at the diagram....l know it's F18 but can't figure out if the pull the fuse from under the dash? Or engine bay?
    Pulled both AC Fuses and didn't disable AC...wonder if it's bc of Auto-climate controls....pulled R14 and F18 for both AC Fuse and Relay but when l turned the car on it still had AC? lt's a zombie! lol-l don't know
    Trying to pull the AC Fuse...looking at the diagram....l know it's F18 but can't figure out if the pull the fuse from under the dash? Or engine bay?
    Pulled both AC Fuses and didn't disable AC...wonder if it's bc of Auto-climate controls....pulled R14 and F18 for both AC Fuse and Relay but when l turned the car on it still had AC? lt's a zombie! lol-l don't know
    l may have to pull the unit off the dash and trace the wires...pulled both and l can confirm it still works with both the relay and fuse pulled out....weird...going to pull off the ac unit and see if l can wire it off...or going to look at other fuses.
    MirageRally, I'm confused why you would want to pull your A/C fuses and/or relay. I demonstrated how to disable your automatic A/C control when we met a few weeks ago. Have you tried turning off your automatic A/C control? Or maybe I just missed what you are trying to achieve because I see no reason to do that when the compressor can be controlled manually from the driver's seat.
    Last edited by Eggman; 08-11-2020 at 08:53 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    In Mirages with Automatic Climate Control, the air conditioning compressor runs all the time by default. It is possible to turn off this automatic A/C operation. Just hold the A/C button (designated by a snowflake) until the system beeps. No ETACS programmer is necessary. It is easily reversible at any time. Air conditioning can be turned on manually when needed, and this saves the compressor from excessive wear and tear along with improving fuel economy.

MirageRally, I'm confused why you would want to pull your A/C fuses and/or relay. I demonstrated how to disable your automatic A/C control when we met a few weeks ago. Have you tried turning off your automatic A/C control? Or maybe I just missed what you are trying to achieve because I see no reason to do that when the compressor can be controlled manually from the driver's seat.
    For now, it's not just me who drives my car-but my family members as well. Everytime l get in the car, they enable the compressor and l have to hold it down to turn it off....this happens 3x a week and wanted to be able to just not have to turn on the AC controls at all...bc l am wearing the compressor....ln my Saturn l pulled the fuse bc l was too lazy to replace it and bought the car for $1600....might just have to keep turning it off.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    For now, it's not just me who drives my car-but my family members as well. Everytime l get in the car, they enable the compressor and l have to hold it down to turn it off....this happens 3x a week and wanted to be able to just not have to turn on the AC controls at all...bc l am wearing the compressor....ln my Saturn l pulled the fuse bc l was too lazy to replace it and bought the car for $1600....might just have to keep turning it off.
    It sounds like you are not disabling the Automatic A/C control?

As long as the Automatic A/C operation is turned off, the compressor is kept from turning on automatically. Even though A/C is used manually, it won't turn back on next time the car is started.

Automatic A/C will stay off until the A/C button is pressed and held for about 10 seconds, then it will go back to automatic operation. You won't have to turn off the A/C every time if you turn off the Automatic A/C control.

You can find details covering this in your Owner's Manual. There's no need to disassemble your dashboard and disconnect wiring to accomplish this. I wouldn't want to see any damage caused by dismantling your Climate Control console, especially for a new car that's not yet a full year in use.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It sounds like you are not disabling the Automatic A/C control?

As long as the Automatic A/C operation is turned off, the compressor is kept from turning on automatically. Even though A/C is used manually, it won't turn back on next time the car is started.

Automatic A/C will stay off until the A/C button is pressed and held for about 10 seconds, then it will go back to automatic operation. You won't have to turn off the A/C every time if you turn off the Automatic A/C control.

You can find details covering this in your Owner's Manual. There's no need to disassemble your dashboard and disconnect wiring to accomplish this. I wouldn't want to see any damage caused by dismantling your Climate Control console, especially for a new car that's not yet a full year in use.
    Ok, l'll leave it be, thanks. And yeah-don't want to damage my new car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I took her out on the Bonneville Salt Flats. Fun times!
    (blank signature)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Dookaughs (09-02-2023),Eggman (08-11-2020),inuvik (08-11-2020),MetroMPG (08-11-2020),Top_Fuel (08-12-2020)

Nice photo!

How are you enjoying that sunroof??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (08-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice photo!

How are you enjoying that sunroof??
    Thanks! I'm loving it! It definitely helps the car feel larger inside if that makes sense. I've missed a sunroof. I think after almost 5 years it's time.
    (blank signature)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yo! Wringing my hands in lamentation is my bit! Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So you're trying to disable your ac so you don't wear out the compressor??? Better unplug the power window motors, door latches, wiper motors, and heater motor too while your at it. And pull all the light bulbs so they don't wear out. Unless you're soft in the head it won't cost you $1600 to replace a compressor in a Mirage. Why are you so worried about wearing out your compressor, are you a relative of Dirks by chance?
    Maybe my temp controls are setup different than yours. On mine I push the snowflake button and the ac is off. It doesn't go to automatic controls ever that I notice. I don't play with it constantly either mind you.
    Not only bc of the compressor, just bc l can Like l said in my saturn l pulled it bc the compressor was already broke...but l also had to run a bypass pulley for it to work and as stated in my other posts, l would love to be able to completely remove my AC from the car...but for a brand new car that isn't even a year old-why do anything?...yet...when lt's out of warranty l plan to retrofit crank windows instead of power....l'm old school...l don't know about you...but the less the better "pull all the light bulbs so they won't wear out" Haha-way ahead of you l already put led bulbs in so they'll last a long time.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-12-2020)