Page 119 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Those are wide wheels for a Mirage. If you're buying them from a local shop, see if they will mount 1 and let you test fit it on your car (front and rear). You are going to have to roll your rear fenders (and possibly pull them out a little, too) to keep them from rubbing.
    Sigh......

I just want some JDM dish man. lol

Jokes aside. I have a shop here I can go test fit at before I pull the trigger.

Good news is, I’m not lowering the car, and if they poke, I have an excuse for fender flares.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    I’m looking at a set of JNC001 Hyper Black 15x8 wheels.

Wrapped in 195/50r15 rubber. Slight stretch. 0.8% circumference difference for the Speedo. Should make it pretty accurate and look pretty sweet.

Get a resin shift knob tonight (wife picked it) and changing my dome light to a white LED.
    I hope you realize 8" wide rims are designed for tires that are 215 to 245 wide.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

I think rims that wide (fat) would look silly on a Mirage. Just my opinion. My Subaru Forester has 6.5" wide rims. Can't imagine putting an 8" wide rim on a Mirage.

Any rims with the width of 5" - 6.5" would be way more appropriate. 5.5" - 6.5" wide rims would be perfect for a 195 wide tire, but a 7" wide rim should work, too. 8" wide would be really stretching a narrow tire out, and I don't think that presents a good look at all!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    2 days ago I put a trailer hitch on the Pumpkin. I used the Curt hitch & the Curt wiring adapter / pigtail for the trailer lights. The wiring kit was really nice, perfect plug & play. It took longer to read the directions (I really did read them) than it took to hook them up. The trailer hitch went on really nice as well & I used the hole above the fuel filler pipes to avoid drilling the hole in the rear of the left frame. Tonight I pick up a small trailer. I'll let you know how it works...
    I sort of wondered if there was a nice "plug & play" wiring kit for the Mirage. Thanks for sharing that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I hope you realize 8" wide rims are designed for tires that are 215 to 245 wide.

https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/c...rim-size-chart

I think rims that wide (fat) would look silly on a Mirage. Just my opinion. My Subaru Forester has 6.5" wide rims. Can't imagine putting an 8" wide rim on a Mirage.

Any rims with the width of 5" - 6.5" would be way more appropriate. 5.5" - 6.5" wide rims would be perfect for a 195 wide tire, but a 7" wide rim should work, too. 8" wide would be really stretching a narrow tire out, and I don't think that presents a good look at all!
    And this is why I post! I need the knowledge!

Thanks guys. I’ll probably leave the JNC wheels for my fusion.

I’ll keep hunting !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Mod 1 complete -

I slapped on a set of 5 lug ultra-performance wheels. I'd have to guess I picked up a tenth in the quarter mile, and probably 0.6 seconds quicker around Road Atlanta.

Name:  Wheels 1.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  95.9 KB

Name:  Wheels 4.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  68.3 KB

As I was just trying to figure out why my pictures are so foggy, I was rubbing the camera lens with my finger, and a protective cover just peeled off. It's been on there for years! It looks like some schmutz just got behind that film. Hopefully that led to the foggy pictures. Will update this picture later, if that was the issue.

The 2nd image is the mock-up I made.
    Last edited by 7milesout; 11-20-2020 at 05:42 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-27-2020),MetroMPG (11-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post
    Love those lightweight Honda wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Tonight I pick up a small trailer. I'll let you know how it works...
    It will work fine:

Name:  trailer-nov-21-2020.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  92.8 KB

^ What I did with my Mirage today! First day back on the road and I was whipping it like a rented mule! (Doing yard work.)

The pic makes the trailer look ginormous, but it's actually a light weight (160#) sailboat trailer that I sometimes haul brush and other things on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (11-27-2020),inuvik (11-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    7Miles,
    . . . I like the wheels. Where did you get them and how much did they cost?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It will work fine:

Name:  trailer-nov-21-2020.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  92.8 KB

^ What I did with my Mirage today! First day back on the road and I was whipping it like a rented mule! (Doing yard work.)

The pic makes the trailer look ginormous, but it's actually a light weight (160#) sailboat trailer that I sometimes haul brush and other things on.
    Dude, that blindspot with no mirrors?!? You are a brave soul indeed!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    MetroMPG: not sure if driving an automobile without *at least* a driver's side mirror is legal in the Province of Ontario.

You may be pulled over.

Driving a car on public roads with no mirrors is dangerous.. for you, and for other drivers, too. That's why there's general rules for car maintenance on the roads. Even if you don't need a safety anymore. I'm gonna look this one up.

And on top of that you can't see out the back. The stuff people do that I wouldn't

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)