Page 228 of 271 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2702

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    If you know in advance you're going to carry something big, bring moving pads or tarpulate it. It helps prevent scratches, dirt, grunge (mutilation).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I drove mine around the block practicing turning and controlling the steering wheel in a more refined manner.

I don't want to botch my Practical exam at the licensing office.

A good neighbor of mine was kind enough to accompany me since I only have a student permit.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    after 7+ years, first time cleaning this gutters

Before
    Name:  20230206_124345.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  75.0 KB

After
    Name:  20230206_134309.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  80.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-10-2023),inuvik (02-09-2023)

I just had a 15' Mirage come in to get the windshield replaced.

As per usual a quick in and out turned into a handful of unmentioned problems.....
    The brake warning light was on for god knows how long. People be stupid and think the brake idiot light(on the cluster) is just there to tell you the e-brake is applied... For those that don't know, it also turns on when you are low on brake fluid or have a failure in the system. In this case a rear wheel cylinder failed and was puking out brake fluid. Couldn't source a new one quickly so I grabbed on from a 2017, they looked the same. Close but no cigar....17' wheel cylinder will bolt on to a 15 backing plate and you can get the shoes on but you'll never get the drum back on because the pistons are longer and won't push into the cylinder enough. I wondered and should have looked up the part numbers on a mitsu site but looked on rockauto and saw the same old, one mfg shows 14+ and another showed 14-15 as being the same...
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-14-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...17' wheel cylinder will bolt on to a 15 backing plate and you can get the shoes on
    ...but you'll never get the drum back on because the pistons are longer and won't push into the cylinder enough.
    That's good to know!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I noticed some drops of oil on my drive so I have to crawl under and likely give my Fumoto clone valve a 1/8 turn to lock it tight. I know I was a little weak when installing it in Dec.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I finally pased my driving test.

The examiner was in hurry and did not bothered to fail me even when it took me somw time to reverse park.

Our driving test course is very simple.

I took an "uber" to my driving test.

Once I got back home I just fell asleep I woke up at 11:50pm and I took my Mirage G4 out for the first time driving alone just around the block for about an hour. That is about 6km added on the Odo.

At first I am still nervous because the test drive course is by all means very easy to navigate.

And yet I over steered 3 times and 2 times under steered. The Examiner was lenient so he still passed me.

So now on my own car driving in a dark neighborhood near a slum area with double parked cars and some random trash bins dumpster fire and what not scattered I felt this was the real test

Lol I even laugh histerically when I entered a dead end street and the guy behind me got annoyed because I stopped and pulled over and he could not pass he must be one of the residents in that closed of street.

But over all I had fun. I even took mom as a passenger she is 70 and last time she drove a vehicle it was a passenger jeep in 1976. Where she learned to drive for 3 weeks but she never owned a car since that 3 weeks in 1976 lulz.

Sorry for this long drivel..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atras For This Useful Post:

BigMW (02-17-2023)

Country
    Macedonia
    Thanks
    @mitsumi Is there a manual of some sorts, or any tips and tricks on how to remove the rain gutters?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Atras - The difference in lifestyles between you and I are tremendous. I enjoy hearing about your driving experiences. Manilla would be an interesting place for me to visit. But if I didn't have ready access to personal mobility, I might go crazy and could never live there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Atras - The difference in lifestyles between you and I are tremendous. I enjoy hearing about your driving experiences. Manilla would be an interesting place for me to visit. But if I didn't have ready access to personal mobility, I might go crazy and could never live there.

From what I read from some of your post you seem to enjoy the great outdoors, the wilderness, long trips etc. I guess it helps being in a country where just one US state is like the size of Iraq lol.

So I see you are the outdoors type person while I am more of you typical nerdy geeky, City boy, Urban kiddo lol.

But I think I might love the rural parts not only my country but also other countries. Even though I am not cut out for rural living I just feel with less noise, pollution and open spaces I think that could help my social anxiety and a host of other anxiety related disorders.

Hah. One thing for sure public commute in Manila now adays can be hell. I love and I am proud of my hometown. But it is what it is some areas can be really suffocating and congested it was even dubbed an urban hell.

Even in the more upscale ubber rich places like the Central Business district of Makati you do not want to get stuck there on foot the buidings, hotels and shopping malls may look supper modern but it is a pedestrian hell even with the few peds-over pass etc.

It is just not a very walkable city though it is very safe no muggings even at 3:00am but god forbid you have to walk almost a mile if your luck with the public busses ran out specially during the Christmas season. The placement of the pedestrian crossing will require you to walk further and out of way so you can't just walk straight thru an avenue and cross intersections numerous times you have to enter the intersection for about a block, cross the street and just walk back up again to exit it so you can walk further down the main road.

I work in the Central Business district and that "pedestrian hell" is one my motivations to get this Mirage.

I do enjoy your perspective from the USA too. Ah the wonders of the interwebz...