Page 166 of 272 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    To reply to all

Yes, l would've outgrown the Grom very quick as the Rebel is an all-in-one tool that can cruise the highway, has plenty of extra power if l need it, and is still fuel efficient.

Mark, l'll be more than happy to take you up on that offer but first l got to ride on my street.

7milesout, They had a shipment of Rebels come in and after no actual confirmation on when the Grom would get here l decided it was best to get the Rebel.

l plan to take it to a buddie's shop in Massachusets to have a custom Cafe Racer 2 person seat installed but that won't be for awhile.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-17-2021),MetroMPG (07-18-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ Shoulda bought a SAAB!

I was impressed when I drove a SAAB [couple of decades ago?] that had a button on the dash that switched off EVERY light in the cockpit except for the speedometer backlight.

PS: you should make a garage page... Garage empty: add car
    I've managed it, I don't use the radio so I just pulled the fuse (although I might look into disabling the backlight for it if it's simple), cut number 1 on the heater control panel green plug which fixed that and taped over the hazard and handsfree buttons. Very happy with the result.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-18-2021)

NO GROM! So sad. A Monkey (Grom wearing cooler clothes) would suit my usual motoring environment. First bike that's caught my interest in a decade or so.

===

Today: I put the new rotors & pads on Mirage #2.

AND I WASHED IT!! I think that might be its first bath since I bought it over a year ago. Some of the bug guts were pretty dried on there.

(I wasn't joking when I said I quit my obsessive car cleaning habit cold-turkey. Many years ago. Just think of the time saved...)

Selling time soon, soon.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . I would change at 5K miles for the first oil change and then at 7.5K miles there after! This is my professional opinion!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    My experience has been that if I leave the oil in for 15,000KM it comes out BLACK (which is not really an indication of it's usefulness, check google about this), if I change it at 10k it's on the verge of blackness.

After changing at 15K you can tell the car runs better, less friction, not so much at 10K. I'm not an oil man though and I've never had an oil analysis done so I'd have no idea if damage is occurring by leaving it to 15k.

I don't really know if there is a conspiracy by big car and big oil to kill our engines quicker, it won't hurt to dump it earlier but you have to weigh up whether doing that is really going to be beneficial in the long term, you might keep the engine internals in pristine condition while the rest of the car will succumb to old age. I've thought about getting an oil analysis but then it's about the same price as a new bottle of oil and filter so I just do that instead. Maybe we could crowd fund someone here for a 15k oil analysis.

As time goes on I'm tending to trust the people who write the books, but sometimes things like CAFE make you wonder.
    2019 G4 Wine colored. 'Burgundy'
    130K miles, 37MPG average at 75-80 MPH with A/C and Lights
    I am on the second engine and trans! 4.5 months out of 18 in the shop!
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hello all,
    . . . . Sorry about being absent for so long. My car is back in the shop. It has been there since the end of the third week of June. They finally got it into the shop yesterday. I don't know if the trans has been taken apart or not. Is the rear sway bar still available? I drove 13K miles in 21 days staring on the 1st of June. I had a blast. My G4 will do 115 mph flat out on the flat with no wind. The compression is now 220, 220,215! I had several 70mpg tanks, a lot of 50mpg tanks, and lots and lots of 40+ mpg tanks. I am in the process of moving to the Houston area! Very busy and very stressed!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Last edited by Mechanic; 07-18-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    7milesout, They had a shipment of Rebels come in and after no actual confirmation on when the Grom would get here l decided it was best to get the Rebel.
    MR - Not that I have the first issue with a Grom. I think they're cool. But on the long road (= in the long run), I think you're going to be better off and happier that you got the Rebel 500. Next bike? Yamaha Bolt maybe?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (07-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    My G4 will do 115 mph flat out on the flat with no wind.
    Is the 115 mph per the speedometer? Or GPS? If I were a betting man, I'd say the G4 would best the hatch for top speed. It has a slipperier hiney. Which indeed should make a difference.

I'm hoping to receive the friggin hitch this week and get it installed. I have an off-road dirtbike / atv ride this weekend coming up. Maybe the Lil Big Rig can tow us out there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    7Mile,
    . . . . That was on the ScanGauge. I was indicating 117 on the speedometer! I am going to have Uhaul install a hitch for me. It is less than $300 with everything and installed. My transmission is still in one piece. Argh!
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Is the 115 mph per the speedometer? Or GPS? If I were a betting man, I'd say the G4 would best the hatch for top speed. It has a slipperier hiney. Which indeed should make a difference.

I'm hoping to receive the friggin hitch this week and get it installed. I have an off-road dirtbike / atv ride this weekend coming up. Maybe the Lil Big Rig can tow us out there.
    Not so happy any more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I had access to either very isolated desert roads or Toyota's Test Track (TAPG). I would love to just hold it pinned for a 10 mile oval and let the time vs. distance determine the mathematical top speed. Just part of my OCD mind.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    My next bike will be whatever l can touch the ground with lol. l have been described by many people that short is "fun size" l don't understand what that means but for bikes being short does suck lol.
    If you buy & master a Honda Rebel 500 (be smart & careful about that), I hope you still have an opportunity take a Honda Grom out for a spin. I don't think you will regret your decision.

As far as the "be smart & careful" comment - I would say that to anyone on a cycle. Mistakes can be costly &/or deadly.