Page 74 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've been meaning to do this myself. A little cost upfront may prevent a big cost in the future. I just ordered the same key, & I know my local Ace Hardware will do the same for me. The key was $11.55 with sales tax & free shipping.

I am glad the Mirage ES & LE uses a mechanically cut key verses a laser cut one. Most local hardware stores can't duplicate laser cut keys. Laser cut keys look like these -

https://www.google.com/search?q=lase...w=1200&bih=554

Thanks for the information. I look forward to having a third spare key soon!
    It literally could not have worked out better for me and was super easy! You should have no problem!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am not sure about dash covers, but dash design seat covers were cheaper @ rockauto.com than factory direct.

My dash design seat covers ordered through rockauto.com came directly from the dash design factory, however.
    Yeah that's why I replied to his comment saying I purchased mine from rockauto. Rockauto was cheaper than ordering straight from DashDesigns, yet the cover was shipped straight from DashDesigns. I don't know how that works...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    It literally could not have worked out better for me and was super easy! You should have no problem!
    If I ever have to reprogram a keyless entry remote, I am giving this a try -

How to program Mitsubishi Car Remote Key FOB in 1 min.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=323BEgNad5M

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Drove my Mirage to work again. Every day is the same thing. I pass the same cars every day, and the same farms.

Today was day 8 of the bad heat wave we're having in Ontario, and I have no AC in my Mirage. The thunder grey dark grey paint was not a good choice. Anyway today the rain came finally, and it's cooled off. But the humidity made my Mirage's windshield all foggy all the way home.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Dspace9: Beaded seat cover! I swear by them for non-AC cars, and that's the vast majority I've owned.

Name:  20200711_153602.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  100.6 KB

I haven't been running the air in my Mirage during this heatwave.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-13-2020),Marklovski (07-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't seen a beaded seat cover in at least 15yrs! Then again they don't really sell cars without a/c here either...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-13-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Dspace9: Beaded seat cover! I swear by them for non-AC cars, and that's the vast majority I've owned.

Name:  20200711_153602.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  100.6 KB

I haven't been running the air in my Mirage during this heatwave.
    Beaded seat cover eh? Great idea thanks MetroMPG. Never would have thought of that myself.

No AC and also roll down windows in the back, power windows in the front. I can manage to roll down the back window behind me while driving, but not the right side passenger window. So 2 power windows 2 roll downs isn't as convenient for sure if you have no AC.

Edit Bralexander true enough eh, Florida is hot but I have lots of good memories there, even key west back when I was a kid.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Ha - that cover is at least 15 years old. I only put it in the car for the month or so of "hot" weather we get each year. I dunno if they still sell them, but that one came from Crappy Tire. The great thing about them is they let the air flow behind your back/butt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-14-2020)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - that cover is at least 15 years old. I only put it in the car for the month or so of "hot" weather we get each year. I dunno if they still sell them, but that one came from Crappy Tire. The great thing about them is they let the air flow behind your back/butt.
    I saw one at Autozone the other day. Roughly $15.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I had some time and wanted to test some things out this evening, so...

I started with a hitch adapter that has some rise to it. It fit PERFECTLY, like it was custom made for the Mirage!

Then I threw my bike rack on it that I used on my last car, a full size suv. I was hoping to use this one for the time being until I can get a better rack, with a higher weight limit. Unfortunately, it looks like I will just be selling this rack, as it sticks out WAY too far with the adapter. I had planned on upgrading anyways, because my new ebike weighs 70+ lbs and the weight limit of the rack is 100lbs, so I could only transport the ebike by itself, which would be bummer. Anyways, it all technically does work, but I don't have any faith in it

I also filled the tank today. 41.9mpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-14-2020),MetroMPG (07-14-2020)