Page 241 of 272 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookaughs View Post
    I inadvertently inserted this piece of wood into my tires while cruising home from the trails.
    Attachment 25309
    Luckily, I didn't have to install the doughnut on the road as the low tire pressure light came on about a quarter mile from home!
    Ouch! That's a nasty chunk of wood stuck in there. You are lucky it didn't happen far from home.

I'm guessing that the tire can't be salvaged with a plug or an inside patch, & it doesn't look that worn down either.

What do you think your plan will be? Replace a single tire, pair of tires to have two that match on the same axle, or replace all 4?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What do you think your plan will be?
    All four tires are less than a year old, and have paid for the replacement plan so I'll take it to the tire shop for an inside patch / whichever they recommend.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All four tires are less than a year old, and have paid for the replacement plan so I'll take it to the tire shop for an inside patch / whichever they recommend.
    That tire cannot be repaired. If you have the roadhazard plan you say you do, it should be replaced as little to no cost to you. If they say they can fix it, they are wrong. Make sure and hold them to replacement.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (06-10-2023),Fummins (06-05-2023),Mark (06-06-2023),MetroMPG (06-14-2023)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Why is it blue Mirages are just all around more badass than other colors? I'll admit, the Dirk Diggler green color is probably cooler, but for some reason the blue ones are a) racecars, b) work horses, and c) heavy hauling tow rigs combined.
    To be honest, I wanted the Sunset Orange color like the Honda Fit. I didn't want to wait for the color so went with the blue.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had my windows tinted in time for summer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    To be honest, I wanted the Sunset Orange color like the Honda Fit. I didn't want to wait for the color so went with the blue.
    Orange looks pretty good. But man did you get lucky in finding a Top Gun blue one!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Had my windows tinted in time for summer.
    Did you do it yourself, or someone did it for you?

I wanted to get tint on mine, went to an auto glass place, who told me they don't tint (it involves skills/ tools that they don't have). I lost a bit of respect for that place.

But now, I'm curious, how hard could it be?
    OCD and patience is probably the only things you need to do it yourself, no?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.1 mpg (US) ... 18.7 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 52.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Curious about the outcome for your tire?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMW View Post
    Did you do it yourself, or someone did it for you?

I wanted to get tint on mine, went to an auto glass place, who told me they don't tint (it involves skills/ tools that they don't have). I lost a bit of respect for that place.

But now, I'm curious, how hard could it be?
    OCD and patience is probably the only things you need to do it yourself, no?
    What shops have that is indispensable is a computer guided film cutter. They select the make/model and load the preferred material, and the computer cutter produces a perfect size film that will float into place with no excess overhang. I gather from talking with installers the problem WAS too much film which then bunched up and/or allowed bubbles and creases. What do I know? The only time I tried manually tinting windows I had film everywhere except the window.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Installed front and rear weather tech floor mats. Wow what a difference from OEM. I wish I had gotten sooner. I can finally rest my left foot at ease. Heck my shoes size is 15. The more space for me to rest on, the merrier I’ll be.