Page 88 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've had the same pair of $40 Motomaster winter floor mats from Canadian Tire since I bought my first car when I was 18.

They're still going strong, just hose 'em out every few months and good as new.

For generic universal floor mats, they actually fit quite well in Mirage (no unintended acceleration a la Prius).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-25-2020),MetroMPG (07-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Drove for a hour stuck in traffic to Michaud Mitsubishi after work. The service manager making me sign a $99 diagnostic fee. eVap code that they can't get to today. I will be back on my day off in the morning Monday or Tuesday. I want to know why they're charging me after the last time I was here he said if the check engine light comes on bring it back?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    I want to know why they're charging me after the last time I was here he said if the check engine light comes on bring it back?
    Did you ask him that question?

Somebody has to pay for the expensive equipment that's needed to service today's vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Did you ask him that question?

Somebody has to pay for the expensive equipment that's needed to service today's vehicles.
    I Did

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newagetomboy View Post
    Drove for a hour stuck in traffic to Michaud Mitsubishi after work. The service manager making me sign a $99 diagnostic fee. eVap code that they can't get to today. I will be back on my day off in the morning Monday or Tuesday. I want to know why they're charging me after the last time I was here he said if the check engine light comes on bring it back?
    I had the same problem with my Mirage. I went to the dealer a few times over it. The dealer's reader said "evap leak," so the dealer did a smoke test, and they then tightened some bolts on the evap thing, and I was good for a month.

Then the engine light came back on. Then it turned off. On and off for a year.

My Mirage is a 2014 Mirage with 136,000 km's or 85,000 miles on the odometer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    I've had the same pair of $40 Motomaster winter floor mats from Canadian Tire since I bought my first car when I was 18.

They're still going strong, just hose 'em out every few months and good as new.

For generic universal floor mats, they actually fit quite well in Mirage (no unintended acceleration a la Prius).
    Thanks, that points me more in the exact direction I was thinking. I might even see what other things Canadian tire has. The local crappy tire to me hasn't changed much in 40 years, so everything is stacked up to the ceiling, and is crowded-feeling.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark,
    . . . . I live close by. I went to RC on Thursday to visit ACE Hardware. I wanted to check on a new key. The dealer wants $211. ACE doesn't make keys for the 2019 Mirages. Not yet. They are working on it and it will probably be about 6 months before they are available. They do have a price and it is $200 that includes the cutting and the programming if necessary. They don't know if the key will have the Mitsubishi Star on it or not. Weather Tech makes the best floor mats in the world and they are made right here in the US with US supplied components. All America and that makes it worth it to me. I plan on getting a set for my car.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    More HP producing decals ........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaft For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I had the same problem with my Mirage. I went to the dealer a few times over it. The dealer's reader said "evap leak," so the dealer did a smoke test, and they then tightened some bolts on the evap thing, and I was good for a month.

Then the engine light came back on. Then it turned off. On and off for a year.

My Mirage is a 2014 Mirage with 136,000 km's or 85,000 miles on the odometer.
    Hmmm they said the light is off but if it comes back on bring it back. 2015 81,432 miles. I bought it at 15,000 miles.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to newagetomboy For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Mark,
    . . . . I live close by. I went to RC on Thursday to visit ACE Hardware. I wanted to check on a new key. The dealer wants $211. ACE doesn't make keys for the 2019 Mirages. Not yet. They are working on it and it will probably be about 6 months before they are available. They do have a price and it is $200 that includes the cutting and the programming if necessary. They don't know if the key will have the Mitsubishi Star on it or not. Weather Tech makes the best floor mats in the world and they are made right here in the US with US supplied components. All America and that makes it worth it to me. I plan on getting a set for my car.
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Rich - I bought a Mitsubishi key on eBay. ACE Hardware in RC cut the new blank key for me ($2.29 + tax). It cost me less than $15 total (purchased key from eBay, cut @ hardware store, & 15 seconds to program myself) to have an extra chipped key made for my Mirage. My new third key works perfectly fine. I can unlock the car manually, & it will start the car. If I should lose one of my factory keys, I can use it to program a future replacement key.

The key I ordered has the 3 diamond Mitsubishi symbol on it even thought the pic doesn't show it that way. You need to find a 2019 key like this -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143038778358

Has 2018-2020 Mirage keys changed? Someone else may be able to tell us that?

See my post #22 in this thread -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...xtra-key/page3

I really like my WeatherTech floor mats. I have the front ones, & they are great!