Page 155 of 272 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It created a large flat space in the back for dogs or whatever you wanted to haul.
    I haul my wife back there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-15-2021),Mark (04-15-2021),MirageRally (04-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Attachment 20984

Got the weathertech cargo mat and cleaned out the spare tire wheel well. It was disgusting from the previous owner but the spare tire looked good. I'm pleased with new mat, my last one got trash juice seeped into it so a replacement that didnt absorb fluid was neccesary. However for $114 total I expected it to be an exact fit. It isn't it pushes on the sides a bit and made it difficult to hook back up my cargo net as the bottom hooks aren't as hooked in now.
    It's always hard to tell from pics, do you have the stock carpet piece down under your new cargo mat?

I've had my Weathertech cargo mat a couple months now and it fits perfectly. It's one of the best things I have bought for the car, honestly. I gawked at the price the first time I saw it and put off buying it for months, but now I just love it.

For what it's worth, I "reinforced" the stock carpet also by sticking a sheet of this insulating/noise reducing foam to the underside of it. It really helped with the floppy stock carpet and probably cut down on some road noise. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never heard of a problem like that with a cabin air filter. Thanks for sharing that!

Mine was clogged bad once, but it was a mice encampment that caused the problem. They decided to build a hefty nest on top the cabin air filter.
    When I was a Honda tech, had a cusromer complaint of noise and smell when turning on fan. Tore down into the heater core box, and a small mouse had been sliced in 2 by the fan. Clean up, aisle 3.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bralexander View Post
    It's always hard to tell from pics, do you have the stock carpet piece down under your new cargo mat?

I've had my Weathertech cargo mat a couple months now and it fits perfectly. It's one of the best things I have bought for the car, honestly. I gawked at the price the first time I saw it and put off buying it for months, but now I just love it.

For what it's worth, I "reinforced" the stock carpet also by sticking a sheet of this insulating/noise reducing foam to the underside of it. It really helped with the floppy stock carpet and probably cut down on some road noise. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I do have it plus an additional hard board plank so the slight thickness might throw my mat off a touch. I'm still please with it though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would have guessed the fit would be better, too! The front floor mats I have fit really nice. It will still be nice to have regardless.

I really wish the entire rear seats could be flipped forward. I really liked that feature on my old 1990 Ford Festiva. It created a large flat space in the back for dogs or whatever you wanted to haul.
    I had a '86 Festiva where those rear seats flipped and folded up behind the fronts. Hauled many a large item back there.....dishwasher, Leslie organ speaker, lots of furniture. The Festiva was like a tardis.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts

Daggone that looks nice. I might have to invest.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

Daggone that looks nice. I might have to invest.
    I highly recommend it! I bought mine online from Northern Tool and Equipment and used a coupon code. Ended up being $94 shipped! That was back in December, but I am sure if you search enough you can find a deal at an online retailer.

I do NOT recommend the seatback organizer in that pic though! It failed, ripping apart at the seems, within a week and I returned it...bleh! I wasn't able to find a good higher quality one, that wasn't overly expensive, after I returned that one. Now I am transporting rc cars and my bike frequently back there anyways, so a seatback organizer wouldn't work. Oh well

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil B View Post
    I had a '86 Festiva where those rear seats flipped and folded up behind the fronts. Hauled many a large item back there.....dishwasher, Leslie organ speaker, lots of furniture. The Festiva was like a tardis.
    For a cheap car, the flexibility of the rear seats were amazing! They forever spoiled me. 32 second clip below shows you the difference. Makes Mirage rear seats somewhat lame by comparison. I really mean that, too. Part of the reason for owning a hatchback or small wagon is the added ability to haul stuff in the back beside people (or the wife for some)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvoStEvIxM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Wil B (04-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What do you guys do with the rear cargo area? I had to take the spare out last year when I got a flat and now the cardboard wobbles around in the back. Put any weight on it and it bends. I wish they spend the $1 extra to make it a hard piece of plastic or something.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

They cut up big chunks of cardboard(literally cardboard box material) and just lay it across the back seats(folded down with seat bottom cushion removed) and over the spare tire carpet. When it gets worn out it gets replaced. I did the same with mine. If I spill oil on it I throw it in the garbage. I don't know if I'd even buy weathertech floor mats if my white car didn't' come with them, though they're a great idea and prevent a ton of damage in winter time. That'd be probably 2 months worth of fuel for floor mats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)