Page 60 of 271 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I disinfect it daily, as its my commuter to and from work at the hospital. Thanks, covid-19.
    What floor are you? Has a CDC representative or state health dept. big wig come in yet? It's both a blessing and a curse that the CDC is headquartered about 10 miles from my hospital. I'm wearing full PPEs every shift and I'm just in memory care right now! Our patients have zero access to loved ones as of right now.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    Cleaned the headlight lenses, but not before taking a couple more photos...

The LED looks too bright, definitely hurts my eyes...until I turn on the headlights, and it's completely drowned out. They don't put a whole lot of light out, but it's enough to light up the siding on the house as I pull in. And less heat/energy (1w vs 5-10w, depending on the bulb), hopefully longer life.
    Just make it don't mess with your electrical. I read on here installing LEDS for your brake lights can cause havoc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Nobu (03-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    What are you gonna do about your door?
    If I don't call up a locksmith (I doubt if they could help) or mechanic (same), I'll probably just break the handle and pull the cable through if I can, or else drill a hole where the cable routes and pull on it, then plug it with a vinyl plug that matches the interior. If someone could tell me whether the visible part of the handle is part of the door panel assembly before I do anything, I'd appreciate it. The "handle" (the drawing looks like anything but that) can be had for $28, but the door panel is 10x that unless I rip it from a junker.

Leaning towards drilling it, as I already have everything I need on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Just make it don't mess with your electrical. I read on here installing LEDS for your brake lights can cause havoc.
    Shouldn't have that problem with these. Unlike the brake, headlights, and turn signals, these aren't a safety concern, and shouldn't be on the canbus. Would be added cost for no reason.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'd definitely be calling in the professionals for this one. It takes 5 minutes to over-prune your rose bush to ruin, and many seasons to grow a beauty. So dont start using your drill on your Mirage lol. I mean I couldn't imagine doing something like that, but I'm still paying for me car lol.

I locked myself out of my Mirage no less than 3 times, all at work, so get AAA to come by, or a mechanic. Maybe you Mirage is a total beater/junker I dunno, but if it was my car...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Slowly starting to customize our Mirage.
    Before:
    Name:  IMG_20200315_091554.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  90.4 KB

After:
    Name:  IMG_20200322_085602.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  97.4 KB

Amazing what a little window tint will do for the look of a car.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 905mirage For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-22-2020),inuvik (03-22-2020),Top_Fuel (03-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's really not that big a deal– I did the same on my bike (see attachment) because some genius engineer/designer decided you have to remove all the plastics if you want to take one bolt out and replace the rear shock. Not this guy. lol

I just need to hold the outer sheath of the latch cable while I pull on the handle, and a hole would make that 10000% easier. There's no lock to pick, and no bolts accessible, so I can't see a pro handling it much differently –they'd probably end up breaking either the handle or the glass, unless they had some kind of super-magnet they could pull the latch up with...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobu For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-22-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Right on, totally does sound like you know what you're doing. Just goes to show, something can sound like something wayyy different before you show what you mean.

Still, I am anxious about modifying my car in that sort of way.

Today in my Mirage I managed to find a 24 pack of Royale brand toilet paper, and that was satisfying. Thanks, Wal-Mart Canada! Helps when I went to the supercentre 2 miles from the US border. At 8 AM, on a Sunday.

For a while there I was starting to look at old newspapers and my 3 rolls of paper towels a bit differently. Modifying equipment as they say. Glad I had 4 rolls of tp left, but I was getting kinda close eh.
    Last edited by dspace9; 03-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah. Motorcycle looks much better now, btw. Been a while since I washed it. lol

On the Mirage, managed to install the speaker on the other side, then decided to tackle the latch. After thinkin about it a while, I remembered there's some insulation in the door panel right where I wanted to drill.....oh well! Drilled away, poked a hole in the insulation, and after a bit of fiddling, fingering, and prodding with the pry tool, I got the door open. Reattached cable retainers, and all is good in the world...well, with my car at least.

The speakers are way clearer, both bass and treble. The stock speakers are louder (they have a slightly larger cone after all), but they don't hold a candle to the sound quality of these. Just wish the adapter plate was actually custom designed for our car. It worked, but I could only manage two screws on either side, and I sorta hacked that to make it work. Also had to file off a bit on the back side to fit the contour of the doors, but you shouldn't have that problem on the front. Some foam behind the adapter, and around the outside to keep the connector from vibrating against it, and it's good to go.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nobu For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-22-2020),Eggman (03-23-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    Yeah. Motorcycle looks much better now, btw. Been a while since I washed it. lol

On the Mirage, managed to install the speaker on the other side, then decided to tackle the latch. After thinkin about it a while, I remembered there's some insulation in the door panel right where I wanted to drill.....oh well! Drilled away, poked a hole in the insulation, and after a bit of fiddling, fingering, and prodding with the pry tool, I got the door open. Reattached cable retainers, and all is good in the world...well, with my car at least.

The speakers are way clearer, both bass and treble. The stock speakers are louder (they have a slightly larger cone after all), but they don't hold a candle to the sound quality of these. Just wish the adapter plate was actually custom designed for our car. It worked, but I could only manage two screws on either side, and I sorta hacked that to make it work. Also had to file off a bit on the back side to fit the contour of the doors, but you shouldn't have that problem on the front. Some foam behind the adapter, and around the outside to keep the connector from vibrating against it, and it's good to go.
    Well done.

My sound quality isn't great on my Mirage with that random tin buzzing sound I get. I agree it could be AM reception, but I think something is broken on my left speaker. When you go to 37 out of 45 is the max volume, it gets pretty tinny. I was listening to my newly purchased Radiohead CD driving around my Mirage earlier looking for toilet paper, since there is a shortage right now here, anyway it was making that tin vibrations thing.. Not just the Radiohead sound but an annoying buzz feedback almost. My Mirage is more than 6 years old now. Not 100% pristine shape these days.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As mentioned in the filter thread, replaced the cabin air filter the other day.
    Also installed the two philips LEDs in the park lights. They sit a bit more forward than the zevo, but that doesn't seem to hurt the performance. Because it blasts light forward anyway, all that does is make the beam pattern a bit wider I guess, but it's not bright enough to enrage oncoming traffic. It does light up the whole carport, though.

Also swapped the dome light for a Pilot LED bulb. Would've preferred a red bulb for that location, I think, but it does the job. Lights up the cab, although because it's a blue white light, the crevices receive less reflected light.

Edit: Oh yeah, took a pic (attached) of the plug in the door the other day (err, except I didn't? Took a pic today...) too.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Nobu; 03-27-2020 at 01:51 PM.