Page 122 of 271 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Eggman. I get that passenger mirror's used to be a luxury item. Our Datsun 210 was like that.

But blocking rear-view mirrors, with ginormous spoilers, and removing the driver's side mirror, is just such a stupid idea. Regardless of legality. It's more loophole than legal.

I know Safety First isn't going to get me into the popularity club (back of the line already _ but I think people ought to just imbibe to their hearts content in their own home and yard. When you're on the road, follow the rules!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Karen's......
    Bully

Drive heavy equipment for 10 years and see what your attitude is then.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-24-2020)

dspace: did you miss my post about the interior mounted wide-view mirrors? Their field of view is actually greater than what the exterior mirrors show. (With the exception of about a 5% sliver that includes the side of the car.)

I think you're speculating pretty strongly to the negative side about what can be seen in the mirrors behind/to the side of the car.

As for the view out the hatchback: I can see the horizon just fine below the trailing edge of the Kammback ("spoiler").

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Karen
    Waistline

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    dspace: did you miss my post about the interior mounted wide-view mirrors? Their field of view is actually greater than what the exterior mirrors show. (With the exception of about a 5% sliver that includes the side of the car.)

I think you're speculating pretty strongly to the negative side about what can be seen in the mirrors behind/to the side of the car.

As for the view out the hatchback: I can see the horizon just fine below the trailing edge of the Kammback ("spoiler").
    If you feel like you can see enough out of the sides and back of your car, that's cool.

Fummins' keeps on trolling me at my comments. Is she an internet troll from Russia? Kinda hard to reply when I get a snide comment every comment I made.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    If you feel like you can see enough out of the sides and back of your car, that's cool.

Fummins' keeps on trolling me at my comments. Is she an internet troll from Russia? Kinda hard to reply when I get a snide comment every comment I made.
    Only one person is looking foolish here, & it's not you. Sewers always suck down. So I just try to avoid them. I have a friend who says that all time, & I chuckle every time!

I would have the same concerns about the lack of side mirrors, but I trust Darin has a solution for that. He may have the most streamlined Mirage on the forum or anywhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    You gotta keep in mind I have the maturity of a 9 year old.
    No worries, my wife says I have the IQ of a chicken so there's that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thanks Eggman. I get that passenger mirror's used to be a luxury item. Our Datsun 210 was like that.

But blocking rear-view mirrors, with ginormous spoilers, and removing the driver's side mirror, is just such a stupid idea. Regardless of legality. It's more loophole than legal.
    I know what you mean. Did you ever drive a big honkin’ box truck? They don’t have a windshield mounted rearview mirror because there’s nothing to see back there except a big honkin’ box. Crazy.

Oh, I see there were a few more posts since this. Doh!

Did anyone read Darin's posts?
    Who is this Darin and where are these posts? Did I miss something?

Edit: bad air out, good air in...
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-24-2020 at 09:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did anyone read Darin's posts? He has mirrors. They are inside his car. As for snide comments, I posted dspace should actually read the post about the guy who bought a mexican g4 that was missing a washer tank, pump and had a bunch of cut wires. A kinked hose isn't gonna fix that problem. Didn't mean to hurt his feelings. Hug it out?

You gotta keep in mind I have the maturity of a 9 year old.
    Stop setting people off for starters. I'm an 80 year in a 24 year old body... Try dealing with that all day I'm so old (in my mind) I could be your grandpa
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Stop setting people off for starters. I'm an 80 year in a 24 year old body... Try dealing with that all day I'm so old (in my mind) I could be your grandpa
    I can't top that. Not even going to try!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (11-24-2020)