Page 194 of 271 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    Thanks, mine is already 60k, 40k more..
    I was not planning on doing it now, I lost some coolant doing something unrelated so I did it early

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    With today's sub zero temperature...
    Attachment 22737
    Ha - last night it was a bit colder here than in Ottawa: -32C / -26F. A bit unusual considering I'm ~100km farther south.

Fummins can feel free to laugh at our balmy weather.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-23-2022)

First metered fill-up!

Couple of days ago I filled Mirage #3 -- that's its first fill up from a known starting odometer reading.

Worked out to ~53 mpg / 4.5 L/100 km.

Yes, that's only 2 fill-ups since I got the car last June... Because I was driving the crapcan Miata from July-October, and since then have hardly been driving at all, for various reasons.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2022)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Couple of days ago I filled Mirage #3 -- that's its first fill up from a known starting odometer reading.

Worked out to ~53 mpg / 4.5 L/100 km.

Yes, that's only 2 fill-ups since I got the car last June... Because I was driving the crapcan Miata from July-October, and since then have hardly been driving at all, for various reasons.
    dont let the fuel go bad

7. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - last night it was a bit colder here than in Ottawa: -32C / -26F. A bit unusual considering I'm ~100km farther south.

Fummins can feel free to laugh at our balmy weather.
    The last few days have been really nice out here! Yesterday was around 9c. It’s short lived though…
    I filled my car up, cold weather kills my mileage! My last two tanks were only 31 and 32mpg

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Yesterday I did an oil change. It was FREEZING cold, down to probably mid to upper 40's! That's in the sunlight though. In the shade it was like 35°F.

Anywho, I used my oil extractor instead of getting up under the car. It was difficult to get it started because I was evidently pushing the insertion tube too far down and it would curl back up with the opening above the oil. I finally pulled it back to touch right at the bottom of the pan. It took a long time to withdraw the oil. But my son came out and was doing things in the driveway I was assisting him with so I would just check on it every few minutes. Then the oil filter came off by hand, that was nice. It was nice not having to get on the ground.

The car only has 15,000 miles on it. The previous oil change was at 7,500 miles. And over the 7,500 mile oil change interval to 15,000 miles, it appeared like it didn't burn a single drop. It started out just a hair over the full indicator. And when I went to recover the oil and checked the level just before, it was at the same exact place.

So far, so good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Anywho, I used my oil extractor instead of getting up under the car. It was difficult to get it started because I was evidently pushing the insertion tube too far down and it would curl back up with the opening above the oil. I finally pulled it back to touch right at the bottom of the pan.
    One way to combat this is to mark the tube with a sharpie once you are sure you have it at the bottom. Makes it a lot easier next time.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Yesterday I did an oil change. It was FREEZING cold, down to probably mid to upper 40's! That's in the sunlight though. In the shade it was like 35°F.

Anywho, I used my oil extractor instead of getting up under the car. It was difficult to get it started because I was evidently pushing the insertion tube too far down and it would curl back up with the opening above the oil. I finally pulled it back to touch right at the bottom of the pan. It took a long time to withdraw the oil. But my son came out and was doing things in the driveway I was assisting him with so I would just check on it every few minutes. Then the oil filter came off by hand, that was nice. It was nice not having to get on the ground.

The car only has 15,000 miles on it. The previous oil change was at 7,500 miles. And over the 7,500 mile oil change interval to 15,000 miles, it appeared like it didn't burn a single drop. It started out just a hair over the full indicator. And when I went to recover the oil and checked the level just before, it was at the same exact place.

So far, so good.
    It appears the 3A92 engine doesn't burn oil that much. Yet another reason to like the Mirage. I bet the Spark doesn't come with a timing chain either!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 1,008 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    One way to combat this is to mark the tube with a sharpie once you are sure you have it at the bottom. Makes it a lot easier next time.
    Good suggestion. But by the time I get to 22,500 miles, I'll have forgotten all about that suggestion. When I finally started getting bubbles, I pushed it in a skosh more, and pulled it back a skosh more, just to make sure I was as much on the bottom as I could be. But still, seems like I added back in far less than what I was expecting.

I'm about to go drive it (haven't drove it since the oil change) and will remeasure whilst I'm out. I'm carryin' the earl jug with me, just in case it needs moe earl.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

I added more washer fluid to mine. I think I'm gonna have to install the lower splash shield that runs along the bottom of the rad support. It's been off since I bought the car and I didn't care about it until I hit a few good puddles over the weekend and the belt or ac compressor started making some attention getting noises. That's a future me problem though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)