Page 136 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    Intake is done! Thanks for shipping all the way to Utah, Daox! 2 inch silicone connector, 12" x 2" brushed aluminum pipe, a 54mm flange filter from Moxi (technically a motorcycle filter), some weatherstripping for cushion, a 3 inch band clamp from autozone and a throttle cable bracket attached to the front pass side valve cover under the bolt (torqued to spec) to hold the mount. I didn't get a huge filter because the car doesn't need one. Why make the intake pipe larger? 2" is plenty
    wow this looks pretty cool. What is the benefit of doing this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Well, if that's a K&N filter, you'll get a higher silicone count (dirt) in an oil analysis. The intake is nice though. I would go with a big ole paper filter if that's a K&N. Just my opinion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Well, if that's a K&N filter, you'll get a higher silicone count (dirt) in an oil analysis. The intake is nice though. I would go with a big ole paper filter if that's a K&N. Just my opinion.
    It is not a K&N filter. It's a Moxi 54mm flange cone filter.

Thank you though! I decided to keep it simple

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    And you removed the left mirror?
    Yes. I located a large convex mirror on the inside of the door.

That hubcap on the rear wheel is for drag? Any reason why you don't have one on the front wheel?
    Yes, for drag reduction. For some reason I only had one 14" hubcap in my pile of junk, and I haven't gotten around to finding more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by WI_Mirage View Post
    Nice work. That's dedication to remove it from the car do to inside during the winter. I usually just wait until spring for my annual car clean-up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yes. I located a large convex mirror on the inside of the door.

Yes, for drag reduction. For some reason I only had one 14" hubcap in my pile of junk, and I haven't gotten around to finding more.
    You did it for drag reduction, but is the cost of taking away visibility for safety's sake really worth whatever "drag reduction" you're getting? Mirage probably has over 65 safety items, from airbags to integrated frame etc. all the way to lifetime warranty cotton seatbelts, and at least 3 mirrors comes with any new car.

Is your eco radicalism worth trumping over others? External mirrors are there for a reason.

Anyway I know I will get heckled for this post, but I don't really care.

People do what they want, but in public.. like great public works last for centuries, and Good design means bridges don't fall on top of a stroller right? Freak accidents happen & have happened, and driving on public roads especially right.. Not sure your internal mirrors really count. Are they equal and better? Just a little different than stock mirrors?

Public roads means we all gotta have like 2 outside mirrors on our cars, trucks, and motorcycles. We have to have stop signs sometimes, too.

Shared roads means minimum standards for a car.

Mandatory winter tires in Quebec is another.

The more you can see when you're driving any vehicle, the better. Some people do towing competitions, or drive trucks with like reduced visibility..but when there's lots of family minivans around, save it for the field.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-22-2021 at 01:01 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Does someone need a feelings journal?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    LOL at the ad on your post Fummins...

Name:  LOL.JPG
Views: 301
Size:  68.0 KB

PS dspace, Darin said he put a convex mirror up, I would argue he can probably see better than the OE mirror...
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (01-29-2021),Fummins (01-22-2021),MetroMPG (01-22-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-22-2021)

Dspace - chill with the safety radicalism. I'm surprised you even bought a tin can Mirage! (I'm kidding. Kidding!)

The internal side mirror has a wider field of view than the stock mirror. Nobody has died... yet.

we all gotta have like 2 outside mirrors on our cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
    Not in Ontario - check your Highway Traffic Act. I've been through multiple roadside RIDE stops through the years, and never had a cop question the mirror arrangment. (Though they almost always ask about the rear Kammback and/or big @$$ air dam.)