Thread: Wire harness/ plugs help needed

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wire harness/ plugs help needed

I’m rebuilding my daughters 2018 that had a frontal crash over a year ago. I did not disassemble the car as some of the parts were missing from the crash. I have a harness, with two plugs that I can’t find what they are or where they go to. This is below the drivers headlight area. Both have or had a bend in the wire and there is evidence that they were taped up, but I’m not positive. Both are two conductor plugs. One has very thin blank and blue wires, the other has 16-18g black and white wires. These would be below the headlight, behind the bumper, in front of the drivers tire.
    Her car was never equipped with the fog lights, so maybe one wire is for that but I don’t see an extra connector on the passenger side for a fog light over there.
    The headlight is fully connected, as is the electric fan and the airbag sensor.
    Please help so I can put the bumper back on this car and call it finished!

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Check my posts about DRL to foglights, I took some pictures there. It shows both foglights plug and DRL plug. If there is a match you can call it a day. If not, posting a picture of what you are looking at could help a lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

I just checked a couple cars. There are two sets of wires that aren't used, at least on this. One is for the fog lights(blk/wht and wht/blk). The other ran down along the bottom of the bumper reinforcement bar and was taped off, I couldn't see the wires very well but one was blue and the other black I think. I'm pretty sure it would have gone to an ambient air temp sensor if the car had a temp readout on the cluster.
    So basically, if you're looking at the same wires that I just did then you should be fine by taping them off. I'd post pics but my phone is being a tard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    You people are awesome! Thank you so much for the replies!!!
    Her car does not have an outside temp reading that I could find viewable anywhere in the cluster. I taped up those wires how I assumed they were before.

Now that I think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen a temp reading on these. I think our one loaded 2017 has a snowflake that lights up near the odometer when it's cold out, along with the green thermometer warning light.

Taping them off sounds good to me. I did double check a different complete car and that plug on the bumper rebar wasn't used on it either.

Should subscribe to my lube tubes, I'm trying to hit 2 million subscribers by next week. The legend has it that people that don't subscribe have premature cvt and/or engine failures.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-04-2024 at 09:01 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Poland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Now that I think of it, I don't know if I've ever seen a temp reading on these. I think our one loaded 2017 has a snowflake that lights up near the odometer when it's cold out, along with the green thermometer warning light.
    Confirmed, when the the temperature drops to 3*C or below it beeps a couple of times and a snowflake appears. The green thermometer is for the coolant temp and it disappears when coolant heats up to approximately 50*C.
    The display in general is a pain in the ass - clicking through the options when driving to see what the temp is - not very safe and/or convenient.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Space Star Intense SDA 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunio14 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-05-2024)