Page 106 of 271 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2703

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    MirageRally,
    . . . . How do you install them?
    GOD Bless and Thanks,
    rich!
    Sorry Mechanic, can't install my side splitters/canards...they don't fit flush with the bumper and would cause decreased mpg...l put on my side skirts but l still plan to install Godspeed coilovers and a Daox rear sway bar when the car's out of warranty. Am checking right now with my dealership to see if it's good to put in a obd2 bluetooth scanner (ThinkDaig+) and l'm still waiting to hear back.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

^ Careful putting things in the Mirage's OBD port. A few owners have had various mysterious driveability problems as a result.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Pilfered!

Today this happened to my crapcan Miata...

Name:  dead-batt.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  53.6 KB

So I stole the battery from the Mirage to replace it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Remember, that little rubber hose is supposed to connect to the battery to vent hydrogen out of the trunk. If you don't have a fully sealed battery and are using the proper vent setup... well, you know.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Something about the condition of the vent tubing tells me it hasn't been properly used in a couple of decades!

Semi-related... A friend of mine set his Miata's trunk on fire because his battery tie-down either wasn't on or wasn't tight enough... the battery shifted, and the positive terminal made contact with the underside of the trunk opening. He got the fire put out before it did too much damage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Today I fabricated speaker brackets! They still need primer and paint. These will sound better than the Scosche brackets, and they were fun to make.

I uploaded the entire process to my thread here:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...c-studio/page3

Name:  Photo Sep 03, 11 12 12 PM.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  85.3 KB

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WI_Mirage For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-06-2020),inuvik (09-08-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20200908_190255.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  79.8 KB

​Installed a weighted shifter to help with better downshifting and overall feel. Thanks Loren.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I noticed a small leak under my car a couple days ago. Looked underneath and saw the trans pan had CVT fluid dripping from it.
    I changed the fluid and filters a couple months ago, so I figured the pan gasket had shrunk up some. It was fine. Upon closer examination I determined it was coming from the side of the trans where the small canister filter is. Jacked up the car, popped loose the inner fender liner for better access, and pulled off the filter cover. Seems the new oring that I replaced with the filter had failed. Ordered 2 new ones from local dealer. None in stock. Really??? Said he'd never sold one before. Of course this is the same dealer that told me a year or two ago that this CVT didn't have filters. All they do is drain and fill. Uhm, ok...
    Anyways, Got the oring the next day, popped it in, topped off the fluid, and all is right with the world again.
    PS I hate the smell of CVT fluid, its enough to gag a maggot.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (09-13-2020),inuvik (09-13-2020)

Biannual car washing, eh? Fancy.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Fingered it was time lol. I gotta try to keep at least one thing I own in good shape. The Teryx isn't looking so new and shiny anymore, I put 1050km on it so far. I stuck my truck in storage right after my last trip, same with the trailer. Ridden hard and put away wet, Truck is muddy and the holiday trailer has a broken leaf spring. I'm hoping they'll magically be like new in the spring.
    Your engine still messing up?