Page 154 of 272 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2720

Thread: What did you do to your Mirage today?

I put a cheapo cabin filter in the white car before I sold it. 360-0527 is the part number. My cost was $5.36 cad. Its just a paper filter just like this champ/luber-finer Attachment 20897
    Amazon, like every other online retailer/dumping ground doesn't always offer the best price. The wife constantly buys crap from amazon that's over priced without comparing to walsfart or epay. It makes me want to start wearing suspenders and yell at kids to get off my lawn.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-31-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I bought one of those fancy schmancy carbon air filters one time for the cabin. Or was it charcoal? Nothing wrong with it per se. And it wasn't too expensive. But one time at the car wash I forgot to put the A/C on Recirc, and left it on Fresh. The cabin air filter go wet and the charcoal caused the filter to plug.
    I didn't know that could happen on these cars!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Oh sorry, that was in a 2003 Camry...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I bought one of those fancy schmancy carbon air filters one time for the cabin. Or was it charcoal? Nothing wrong with it per se. And it wasn't too expensive. But one time at the car wash I forgot to put the A/C on Recirc, and left it on Fresh. The cabin air filter go wet and the charcoal caused the filter to plug.

When I cranked to leave I thought something with the A/C got damaged because it would not flow air. After thinking about it, I realized it was the filter. So I thought it would dry up over time. A couple days later it was still clogged. So I had to pull it out. I've just stuck with paper ever since.
    I've never heard of a problem like that with a cabin air filter. Thanks for sharing that!

Mine was clogged bad once, but it was a mice encampment that caused the problem. They decided to build a hefty nest on top the cabin air filter.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-31-2021 at 08:29 PM.

I finally made black car legit. Transferred registration from white on to black car today. So the cvt should pile up any day now. It’s snowing again(sideways apparently), so yay.....Attachment 20952

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I finally made black car legit. Transferred registration from white on to black car today. So the cvt should pile up any day now. It’s snowing again(sideways apparently), so yay.....
    I was going to pull the snow tires off my Subaru Forester today, but got distracted doing something else instead. Now, I don't feel bad leaving them on. Thanks for that!!!!

A few years ago, we got blasted with a good snow storm in mid-April.

Congrats on getting the registration done! Let's hope for the best (concerning the CVT)!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  20210415_112020.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  96.1 KB

Got the weathertech cargo mat and cleaned out the spare tire wheel well. It was disgusting from the previous owner but the spare tire looked good. I'm pleased with new mat, my last one got trash juice seeped into it so a replacement that didnt absorb fluid was neccesary. However for $114 total I expected it to be an exact fit. It isn't it pushes on the sides a bit and made it difficult to hook back up my cargo net as the bottom hooks aren't as hooked in now.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (04-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

Got the weathertech cargo mat and cleaned out the spare tire wheel well. It was disgusting from the previous owner but the spare tire looked good. I'm pleased with new mat, my last one got trash juice seeped into it so a replacement that didnt absorb fluid was neccesary. However for $114 total I expected it to be an exact fit. It isn't it pushes on the sides a bit and made it difficult to hook back up my cargo net as the bottom hooks aren't as hooked in now.
    I would have guessed the fit would be better, too! The front floor mats I have fit really nice. It will still be nice to have regardless.

I really wish the entire rear seats could be flipped forward. I really liked that feature on my old 1990 Ford Festiva. It created a large flat space in the back for dogs or whatever you wanted to haul.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would have guessed the fit would be better, too! The front floor mats I have fit really nice. It will still be nice to have regardless.

I really wish the entire rear seats could be flipped forward. I really liked that feature on my old 1990 Ford Festiva. It created a large flat space in the back for dogs or whatever you wanted to haul.
    Yeah I do too but the angle is about what? 170° Not too bad considering this about the same for all subcompacts but the Fit I think? The Spark angle is much worse, even with the headrests gone IRCC.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the OEM cargo mat and it fits really well. I would recommend it.

That being said, I'm not sure if it would jam up the works with the cargo net or not. You would hope that they'd thought about that, but who knows.

I recently got the trunk organizer insert (adds a little below-the-trunk-bed storage compartment). When sitting on top of it even the OEM cargo mat doesn't fit properly anymore, which drives me a little bit nuts.