Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mitsubishi Eclipse returning in 2018. It's not what you think: "Eclipse Cross"

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Eclipse Cross seems silly. If you're going to desecrate one of your beloved models, just call it the Eclipse. Plus Mitsubishi got to tie it in with the solar eclipse this summer. Wait until the Tokyo Motor Show when they parade out their e-Evolution crossover concept.

I hope I don't sound bitter. I'd just like to see Mitsubishi build some more enthusiast models.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe it was a 'cheap' way to market the Eclipse-Cross using the 'Eclipse' name. Mitsubishi enthusiasts all over social media are going crazy and mad over it. Heck, I was in the beginning but really at the end of the day, Mitsubishi has to make end's meet. CUV's are selling like crazy here in Minnesota. The Mitsubishi dealer near me has won awards for selling the most Outlander/Outlander Sports in a certain area (I'll have to look if it was based on the Midwest Region or dealer location). But still, there are many Outlander/Outlander Sports that are being sold right now and those are the big money makers. I hope Mitsubishi gets back on their feet soon so we can finally see a few turbocharged coupes running around again. Heck, revive the "VR4" badge as well! (wishful thinking)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

debburyl (10-23-2017),MightyMirageMpg (11-22-2017)

North American debut next month

The Eclipse Cross will make its first U.S. appearance at the L.A. Auto Show next month. Dec. 1-10.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-22-2017)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [ ADMIN edit -- moved the following posts over from this thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2018 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.) ]

= = = =

Interesting on the [sales] drop. I wonder what it's attributed to? EDIT: I see Toyota was also down (10.4%, Honda was down 7.0%). Kia was also down too.

The good news is Mitsubishi Motors U.S. sales are still up 18% YTD, which is great.

It appears the Eclipse Cross isn't selling so hot. Outlander Sport is outselling it by 35.5%.
    Last edited by Subcompact Culture; 10-02-2018 at 09:36 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post

It appears the Eclipse Cross isn't selling so hot. Outlander Sport is outselling it by 35.5%.
    Price. IMO.. Eclipse starts at almost same price as Outlander and almost $4000 more than Sport while being same sizeish.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Price. IMO.. Eclipse starts at almost same price as Outlander and almost $4000 more than Sport while being same sizeish.
    I agree, considering you can get a new AWD Outlander Sport for less than $20K

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  Eclipse-Cross-Stlyling.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  99.4 KB

FYI, I just spent a week with the Eclipse Cross and published the review yesterday on our website, Crankshaft Culture:

http://crankshaftculture.com/2018/10...lid-crossover/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I agree. I always wondered what the point of this thing was. And, IMHO, Mitsubishi gave it a stupid and confusing name. When people hear the words 'Mitsubishi' and 'Eclipse' this is NOT what they think of, despite the fact that Mitsubishi tacked the word 'Cross' on the end. So they don't investigate it any further.

To me it's kinda like Chevrolet using the name 'Camaro Cargo' for a new panel van, then wondering why it doesn't sell.

How many buyers are there for a CUV that slots so precisely in terms of size between two extant models...but seems to cost more than both??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I agree. I always wondered what the point of this thing was. And, IMHO, Mitsubishi gave it a stupid and confusing name. When people hear the words 'Mitsubishi' and 'Eclipse' this is NOT what they think of, despite the fact that Mitsubishi tacked the word 'Cross' on the end. So they don't investigate it any further.

To me it's kinda like Chevrolet using the name 'Camaro Cargo' for a new panel van, then wondering why it doesn't sell.

How many buyers are there for a CUV that slots so precisely in terms of size between two extant models...but seems to cost more than both??
    People just can't seem to move past the naming convention on this thing. But people also did the same with the Dodge Dart, Chevy Malibu, etc. That being said, if people are really having that hard of a time accepting the name, maybe they should've called it something else ...

When you say the "point of this thing," how do you mean? Do you mean where it slots in the Mitsubishi lineup since there's already an Outlander Sport?

Thanks for the review / link.

[Note -- moved a few posts from the sales thread to this one.]

Hey Mikey - he likes it!

Was that the limited availability paint? 7 layers deep, or something? It looks nice.

And that H.U.D. is a neat trick.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)