Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Mitsubishi Eclipse returning in 2018. It's not what you think: "Eclipse Cross"

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Mark;77134]
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

I like the white vehicle parked to left of the Eclipse much better, and I don't even know what it is.
    Last gen Outlander, 2010 maybe, with the Nissan Altima rear lights

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I do too, but with only 5513 sold this year so far it appears that yearly total sales will be well below 10000 for the entire year. Way too few to justify long term survival of this model (in the US at least).
    True. I don't believe the car went on sale in January, 2018, however, so it wouldn't have as many sales anyhow.

I don't think the name is great. But I also don't think the name keeps people out of dealers. I do most of my research online, then head to a dealer as my last step. I know the name wouldn't keep me from seeing it if I were interested in buying a crossover.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    True. I don't believe the car went on sale in January, 2018, however, so it wouldn't have as many sales anyhow.

I don't think the name is great. But I also don't think the name keeps people out of dealers. I do most of my research online, then head to a dealer as my last step. I know the name wouldn't keep me from seeing it if I were interested in buying a crossover.
    You're right about the Eclipse Cross not being sold all this year. March 2018 was the first month of sales here in the US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (10-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I'd be excited to see a turbocharged Mirage. Or even an "budget" friendly EV-Mirage. It'd be interesting to see what the next-gen Mirage will be.
    With a 10 year unlimited mileage battery and motor warranty!

I got stuck behind one of those eclipse cross things the other day. Sure looks like a new version of the Aztek from the back to me.

Attachment 14716Attachment 14717
    Though this has probably been mentioned millions of times already lol
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-03-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Sure looks like a new version of the Aztek from the back to me.
    You know, I've never understood all the hate for the Aztek. My neighbors bought a bright red one when they came out, and I honestly though it looked pretty cool for what it was. Of course, I was only 11 at the time. Pontiac had only ever been a maker of minivans and warmed-over grandma cars in my lifetime, so it seemed about right for the brand.

The Eclipse Cross, though... blech. The Aztek looks almost elegant next to that thing.

I admit they do have much in common. Both designs make a pretty clear statement: "I'm confused."

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    You know, I've never understood all the hate for the Aztek. My neighbors bought a bright red one when they came out, and I honestly though it looked pretty cool for what it was. Of course, I was only 11 at the time. Pontiac had only ever been a maker of minivans and warmed-over grandma cars in my lifetime, so it seemed about right for the brand.

The Eclipse Cross, though... blech. The Aztek looks almost elegant next to that thing.

I admit they do have much in common. Both designs make a pretty clear statement: "I'm confused."
    The one they released was ugly while the one they showcased looked great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAf1riXwPOk
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I almost like the Eclipse Cross---Almost. I'd even consider one (but eventually buy a Subaru instead) if the 6 speed transmission came to the US market. The Aztek was before it's time, and the fuel economy and acceleration numbers bear that out as it was the worst of all worlds.
    2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bzacon For This Useful Post:

Subcompact Culture (06-05-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    I almost like the Eclipse Cross---Almost. I'd even consider one (but eventually buy a Subaru instead) if the 6 speed transmission came to the US market. The Aztek was before it's time, and the fuel economy and acceleration numbers bear that out as it was the worst of all worlds.
    I got in one at the dealership, felt nice. Edgy design makes it stand out from all the rounded bubble Toyota, Nissan, Honda CUVs out there. The rear light bar is distracting but I imagine one gets used to it. My issue was the right shoulder blind spot, its extensive. To me, in order to sell more, Mitsu has to emphasize how reliable there brands are like Subaru does (something that miffs me considering my old Outback barely got to 155k miles with a whole host of issues). Most new consumers have no idea of Mitsu's history unfortunately.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    If I could get an AWD Eclipse Cross with a manual transmission, there'd be one in my driveway right now. But alas ...

Is a manual available in other markets?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)