Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Installed the Rokford Fosgate Stereo System on their '17?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Just throwing this out there if you are not trying to build something to specifically integrate with the factory audio system...

I have this JL Audio micro-sub enclosure in my Mirage: CP208LG-W3v3

Name:  JL_Audio.jpg
Views: 1504
Size:  89.4 KB

It fits fine in the back of my hatch. There's lots of information online about the speakers used in this enclosure (8" W3v3). I don't know what your budget is, but I am not disappointed in how these perform. Even the version with a single 8" sub (CP108LG-W3v3) would satisfy most people. The dual version was on sale so that's why I bought it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-24-2021),mitsumi (04-11-2020),precisionxt (04-12-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    hey @TopFuel thanks so much

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Djulie1 could you email me the update file? Thanks in advance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I installed a Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio kit in Speck and am pretty pleased with how it all turned out.

What I really appreciate about it is the fit & finish. The amp is not in the typical location under a seat. The subwoofer & enclosure is substantially bigger than I expected! The wiring is neat and tidy. I didn't have to run any extra wiring to the battery or find an unused power source at the fuse box. The change in audio performance (along with my replacement Pioneer speakers) is subtle but clear. I admire how Rockford Fosgate has tuned the amp for the Mirage.

In my opinion, if anyone were to consider adding an audio amplifier to their Mirage, this kit is clearly the way to go.

For reference, here's some other threads on the subject.

Rockford Fosgate Edition Mirage (U.S.)

Rockford Fosgate OEM Accessory Add on

I'm interested in helping others but don't want to make a(nother) long & boring post about the kit & install but I'd be happy to share my experience with it. Let me know if there are any questions or other requests.
    Hey Eggman. I see you installed the AMG14EAB01 according to your garage. I am trying to figure out the difference between that and the MZ314908.The MZ314908 comes with Amplifier # MZ314912, Subwoofer # MZ314914 and Install Kit #MZ314913.
    I can only guess the install kit would be different as it comes with the harnesses.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    Hey Eggman. I see you installed the AMG14EAB01 according to your garage. I am trying to figure out the difference between that and the MZ314908.The MZ314908 comes with Amplifier # MZ314912, Subwoofer # MZ314914 and Install Kit #MZ314913.
    I can only guess the install kit would be different as it comes with the harnesses.
    Hey Christopher_B. I can vouch for what I installed but am only guessing to the others. Mine installed with the correct adapters for the basic radio for the 2014-2015 - the one that doesn't have display audio.

There were basically three different Rockford Fosgate kits available - this may have changed?
    1. For the basic radio installed in hatchbacks.
    2. For other radios installed in hatchbacks - the amplifier got a different tuning. The other one (first one listed) would work - plug & play - but Rockford Fosgate provided a different tuning profile to go with the display audio units.
    3. For the G4 - the subwoofer installed over the spare tire in the trunk, so it got a different subwoofer than the hatchbacks and probably got different tuning.

Be sure to pay attention to the vehicle fitment found on the kit's webpages for what models get what amp kit. That may be your most reliable way to find the right version.

I suspect the USB cable used to download different tuning files to the amplifier is a simple USB OTG cable, readily available online. I just haven't bothered to find out - mine works fine and I haven't had much inclination to fiddle with it.

Hope this helps and that I'm not misunderstanding what you are asking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The issue is none of them show for the 2021. The dealers are saying the MZ314908 does not fit my car. The instructions mention the 2021 radio and show my radio. The dealers say to use the AMG14EAB01. I got a dealer in Daytona to dig into it a bit and he said the AMG kit ALSO COMES with 3 components: MZ314912, MZ314913, and MZ314914. Now these component numbers supersede old numbers. MZ314914 replaces amg15eax02. MZ314913 replaces amg15eax01. MZ314912 replaces a9915xkb01.
    AT LEAST one website on line shows the AMG14EAB01 is discontinued. The dealer parts guy I asked denied this. My money says it is going to be replaced by the MZ314908. There is a sticky in the Audio section for the three separate MZ numbers. DOAX could maybe make a note about the MZ314908 there as it does include all 3. Karl has said he has installed both options in 2019 vehicles. I agree with him that they are the same. I believe that perhaps the AMG numbers were accessories and the MZ numbers more like factory part numbers but that is just a hunch.Name:  kit components.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  45.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The issue is none of them show for the 2021. The dealers are saying the MZ314908 does not fit my car. The instructions mention the 2021 radio and show my radio. The dealers say to use the AMG14EAB01. I got a dealer in Daytona to dig into it a bit and he said the AMG kit ALSO COMES with 3 components: MZ314912, MZ314913, and MZ314914. Now these component numbers supersede old numbers. MZ314914 replaces amg15eax02. MZ314913 replaces amg15eax01. MZ314912 replaces a9915xkb01.
    AT LEAST one website on line shows the AMG14EAB01 is discontinued. The dealer parts guy I asked denied this. My money says it is going to be replaced by the MZ314908. There is a sticky in the Audio section for the three separate MZ numbers. DOAX could maybe make a note about the MZ314908 there as it does include all 3. Karl has said he has installed both options in 2019 vehicles. I agree with him that they are the same. I believe that perhaps the AMG numbers were accessories and the MZ numbers more like factory part numbers but that is just a hunch.
    Funny that there's no mention of harnesses, don't you think? Maybe that means the harnesses aren't a thing to worry about. Also, it's not unusual for new models to not make it into the fitment lists. In that case your best bet would be to go with the previous model year and hope for the best? Sorry that's not the answer you are looking for.

So, what exactly is your concern? What is the holding point that is keeping you from placing an order? Is it the harnesses, or am I misreading you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The harnesses are part of the installation kit. MZ314913
    I guess my main concern is probably being cheap. I could buy the AMG from the local dealer for $622 after tax. I can buy the MZ kit online for under $500. I can buy the AMG kit online for about $530 but is is "not returnable" and takes about 3 weeks to get here.
    My secondary concern is I can not find anything to show me with 100% certainty that either fits the 2021. I have a big issue with relying on a parts guy since I am one.(Like how many electricians would have someone else wire their house) The fact that the dealers had so much trouble determining the number themselves also gives me pause.

I am going with the MZ314908 in a few minutes. The place I ordered it from originally cancelled my order claiming it would not fit my car. I'll chance it. Like Karl said.. go with the cheaper one which is the MZ kit by about $40

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    The harnesses are part of the installation kit. MZ314913
    I guess my main concern is probably being cheap. I could buy the AMG from the local dealer for $622 after tax. I can buy the MZ kit online for under $500. I can buy the AMG kit online for about $530 but is is "not returnable" and takes about 3 weeks to get here.
    My secondary concern is I can not find anything to show me with 100% certainty that either fits the 2021. I have a big issue with relying on a parts guy since I am one.(Like how many electricians would have someone else wire their house) The fact that the dealers had so much trouble determining the number themselves also gives me pause.

I am going with the MZ314908 in a few minutes. The place I ordered it from originally cancelled my order claiming it would not fit my car. I'll chance it. Like Karl said.. go with the cheaper one which is the MZ kit by about $40
    Unfortunately some Mitsubishi dealers parts departments have the acumen of a lightly trained simian. Have you looked at any of the other countries accessory pages (such as Australia, UK) to see if they might have the part number listed? Some of the overseas countries has a much bigger variety of accessories for our little cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (02-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think you're going to like it and that it'll work just fine. If it's any consolation, there's a market here for selling it, if worse comes to worse. And if it does fit and work, you can let your parts guy know.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (02-24-2021)