Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Installed the Rokford Fosgate Stereo System on their '17?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I think you're going to like it and that it'll work just fine. If it's any consolation, there's a market here for selling it, if worse comes to worse. And if it does fit and work, you can let your parts guy know.
    I'm banking on it. I know the sub and amp will be fine. I am guessing the harnesses will work also.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The harness is 100% the same between both part numbers. I know so, I've used both. The ONLY difference between them is literally the instruction papers and I think the preloaded EQ tune on the amp but now I don't remember because I know I had to reflash both of them for their respective radios and on the third one for the radio I put in it as well. But yes, three kits, both part numbers, 100% the same as far as anything important is concerned.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-25-2021),inuvik (02-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,823 Times in 2,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    I'm banking on it. I know the sub and amp will be fine. I am guessing the harnesses will work also.
    Updates please!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My order has yet to ship. :-(

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Started installing yesterday... hit a few snags but nothing too crazy.
    I marked up the dash a bit even using the plastic trim tools. I should have put down some masking tape as the instructions suggested. That damn radio trim/ vent outlet was super tight. One of the amp mounting nuts had crap threads. Of course it was the 4th one. Luckily for me I did not follow directions and was mounting the amp to the bracket in my living room. I went to Lowe's got some more M5-.8 locknuts and washers. It got dark on me by the time I got back. I plan on mounting the sub and updating the amp file before I mount it under the dash. I will do that tonight or more likely tomorrow after work. Then I will test all the channels and button it back up. The wiring is correct at the head unit so I do not see any issues at this point.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher_B For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Updates!

Hope the kit is working out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's probably a tall ask, but if possible I would love it if somewhat could share scans/pics of the instructions that come with this kit. Would be very interested to see how everything is supposed to hook up using OEM kit for if I ever getting around to doing a custom install using my own amp/head unit combo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am not sure where the post is but if you go to rockford's website (where the amp update files are) and log in you can see the install pdf file there. Also the owner's manual and amp update instructions are there also in pdf format.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Updates!

Hope the kit is working out.
    SORRY for those interested! Between COVID and finding nice days it took me awhile to get the install completed. I also rarely use my home PC. I usually use the work computer for most internet based tasks

Install is done.
    I started with RF door speakers: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r165x3/
    They have a 91dB sensitivity rating. I used the scosche adapter rings and wiring adapters I found here on other posts.
    I also installed Road Kill fast rings for improved midrange response. Had to modify due to the door brace right behind the speaker.
    Just changing the door speakers made the system better and louder with the OE headunit.
    After installing the Mitsu/RF system it definitely sounds good. Maybe not competition worthy but definitely like an OE premium stereo kit should sound.
    Biggest issue I had was getting the bezel from around the head unit out. I made a very minor scuff on the dash. I should have used masking tape for protection at the trim tool fulcrum. Also when I did get the bezel out I damaged the edge of the head unit in a few spots where the bezel retainers mate to it.

If anyone needs the adapter for the thumb drive to the amp, I have two now. $5.00 shipped

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    SORRY for those interested! Between COVID and finding nice days it took me awhile to get the install completed. I also rarely use my home PC. I usually use the work computer for most internet based tasks

Install is done.
    I started with RF door speakers: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r165x3/
    They have a 91dB sensitivity rating. I used the scosche adapter rings and wiring adapters I found here on other posts.
    I also installed Road Kill fast rings for improved midrange response. Had to modify due to the door brace right behind the speaker.
    Just changing the door speakers made the system better and louder with the OE headunit.
    After installing the Mitsu/RF system it definitely sounds good. Maybe not competition worthy but definitely like an OE premium stereo kit should sound.
    Biggest issue I had was getting the bezel from around the head unit out. I made a very minor scuff on the dash. I should have used masking tape for protection at the trim tool fulcrum. Also when I did get the bezel out I damaged the edge of the head unit in a few spots where the bezel retainers mate to it.
    Glad to hear you got everything together and working. Hopefully you can post some pictures of the install so we can get a better idea of how it all looks. Also you can let your parts guy know it worked.

If anyone needs the adapter for the thumb drive to the amp, I have two now. $5.00 shipped
    I'm interested in this. Can you describe this adapter? I figured it's an OTG cable. Is this something you purchased yourself or is it from Rockford Fosgate?