Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It does

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have a '18 GT & the steering does not lock on it. Maybe different markets have different requirements for security???
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Ive never expirenced my steering wheel actually lock and dougs YouTube review also says it does not lock? Has anyone ever actually confirmed the steering wheel locks on the poverty edition?
    The steering wheel on my base level 2017 ES manual does not lock. From other discussions, I don't believe any trim level Mirage has a locking steering wheel in the States. I can't remember owning a car that didn't have a locking steering wheel before this one.

Apparently, a locking steering wheel is not a MANDATE in the States. I like that it doesn't lock personally.

I think this was brought up before. Remember that thread with mr dieselgate(vw,mercedes,bmw emission scandal) who went off about how their country is ironically overly concerned about peoples safety considering and we roll around in a bunch of death traps over in North America. That thread.

North american Mirages don't have a steering wheel lock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think this was brought up before. Remember that thread with mr dieselgate(vw,mercedes,bmw emission scandal) who went off about how their country is ironically overly concerned about peoples safety considering and we roll around in a bunch of death traps over in North America. That thread.

North american Mirages don't have a steering wheel lock.
    I sort of remember that discussion. I like living life on the edge. Only a brave soul would drive a car without a steering wheel lock!

It's just another worthless feature I could care less about.

Doug DeMuro brought up some really useless/stupid things when he reviewed the Mirage. The lack of a steering wheel lock is one of them. The one that made me chuckle was the manual lock buttons don't have any red painted on them. It makes it harder to visualize if the car is locked up or not.

Since all Mirage in the States have power locks with remotes, I could care less. You hit the lock button on your remote or the on the armrest, & you know the car is locked. I never look at the manual lock buttons on a vehicle with power locks.

Our Ford Focus (driver's education cars) have power locks without manual buttons at all. Now, I think that's something to be a bit critical of. Should your power locks fail, there's no plan B to lock the car up manually with the door buttons.

The Doug DeMuro review of a Mirage is worth watching to some degree. I learned very little about the Mirage, but I came away knowing the guy is a bit of a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I sort of remember that discussion. I like living life on the edge. Only a brave soul would drive a car without a steering wheel lock!

It's just another worthless feature I could care less about.

Doug DeMuro brought up some really useless/stupid things when he reviewed the Mirage. The lack of a steering wheel lock is one of them. The one that made me chuckle was the manual lock buttons don't have any red painted on them. It makes it harder to visualize if the car is locked up or not.

Since all Mirage in the States have power locks with remotes, I could care less. You hit the lock button on your remote or the on the armrest, & you know the car is locked. I never look at the manual lock buttons on a vehicle with power locks.

Our Ford Focus (driver's education cars) have power locks without manual buttons at all. Now, I think that's something to be a bit critical of. Should your power locks fail, there's no plan B to lock the car up manually with the door buttons.

The Doug DeMuro review of a Mirage is worth watching to some degree. I learned very little about the Mirage, but I came away knowing the guy is a bit of a moron.
    I like that the Mirage has a shift interlock overide button so you can take it out of park without the key or if(when) something screws up. I had to replace an entire shifter assembly on a 3 year old 40-50k GM suv a little while ago. The solenoid to unlock the shifter when you hit the break was sticky and wouldn't work at random. You had to buy the entire shifter assembly to fix it.

I haven't seen a car without a manual door lock button/switch before, that was another great idea from ferd.

Speaking of dumb reviews, I watched on by the dorky looking young guy on TFL cars or whatever it's called on the lubetube. He was "reviewing" a previous generation Mitsubishi outlander sport. And it was a rental so clapped the eff out.
    The guy was a total moron and said he highly recommends that nobody buy one. His reasons were he didn't like the chrome inserts on the fenders and had no idea why they where there(the ones that can be replaced by signal repeater lights(aren't many Mitsu's like this?Mirage....) he complained that it didn't have fog lights but had the switch on the signal arm(aren't most mitsu's like this), he didn't like the manual temperature controls, didn't like that there were blank spots where he decided there should have been switches. The guy prefaced the review claiming to be a Mitsubishi fan but didn't have a clue about anything.

The only actual valid complaint was a resonance from the clapped out rental car at cruising speed and low rpm, sounded similar to complaints on the Mirages when the rubber exhaust hangers wear out. Overall the video reminded me of every other review about the Mirage that don't recommend the car and suggest that people buy a car that's quieter, more powerful and handles better....for more money. I'm convinced most of these reviewers are just shills that give good reviews to company's that pay them to. Mitsubishi probably gives zero ****s. I'm sure this forum helps their sales a little bit.

Edit:I'm trying to find the video I'm talking about, maybe they took it down? It was a blue outlander sport.
    Found it

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I like that the Mirage has a shift interlock overide button so you can take it out of park without the key or if(when) something screws up. I had to replace an entire shifter assembly on a 3 year old 40-50k GM suv a little while ago. The solenoid to unlock the shifter when you hit the break was sticky and wouldn't work at random. You had to buy the entire shifter assembly to fix it.

I haven't seen a car without a manual door lock button/switch before, that was another great idea from ferd.

Speaking of dumb reviews, I watched on by the dorky looking young guy on TFL cars or whatever it's called on the lubetube. He was "reviewing" a previous generation Mitsubishi outlander sport. And it was a rental so clapped the eff out.
    The guy was a total moron and said he highly recommends that nobody buy one. His reasons were he didn't like the chrome inserts on the fenders and had no idea why they where there(the ones that can be replaced by signal repeater lights(aren't many Mitsu's like this?Mirage....) he complained that it didn't have fog lights but had the switch on the signal arm(aren't most mitsu's like this), he didn't like the manual temperature controls, didn't like that there were blank spots where he decided there should have been switches. The guy prefaced the review claiming to be a Mitsubishi fan but didn't have a clue about anything.

The only actual valid complaint was a resonance from the clapped out rental car at cruising speed and low rpm, sounded similar to complaints on the Mirages when the rubber exhaust hangers wear out. Overall the video reminded me of every other review about the Mirage that don't recommend the car and suggest that people buy a car that's quieter, more powerful and handles better....for more money. I'm convinced most of these reviewers are just shills that give good reviews to company's that pay them to. Mitsubishi probably gives zero ****s. I'm sure this forum helps their sales a little bit.

Edit:I'm trying to find the video I'm talking about, maybe they took it down? It was a blue outlander sport.
    Found it
    I made a comment on that clip when it came out. He was an idiot. Having a switch makes adding foglights so much easier. His points were useless.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    It does
    I tested this out today, i was able to turn my steering wheel end to end with no key in the ignition the wheel never locked. Kinda makes you wonder what the point of a physical key is. Couldn't we have been like dodge/mercades with the keyless ignition where you still had to put the key fob in a hole and turn.

I tested this out today, i was able to turn my steering wheel end to end with no key in the ignition the wheel never locked. Kinda makes you wonder what the point of a physical key is. Couldn't we have been like dodge/mercades with the keyless ignition where you still had to put the key fob in a hole and turn.
    Yeah, could have done the same thing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (12-24-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    either way key or push button have steering lock the only difference is the push button is using electronic steering lock you dont need to turn the steering from end to end just turn it slightly left to right for the ESL to find the hole on the steering column and lock itself.

this is the esl I'm talking about.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  4.9 KB

this esl is a very complicated part, its part of the keyless system if this is defective the car will not start its also a ECU.