Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Push button start on DE

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    either way key or push button have steering lock the only difference is the push button is using electronic steering lock you dont need to turn the steering from end to end just turn it slightly left to right for the ESL to find the hole on the steering column and lock itself.

this is the esl I'm talking about.

Attachment 22547

this esl is a very complicated part, its part of the keyless system if this is defective the car will not start its also a ECU.
    I dont have a steering lock, i think it depends on the country you are in. please dont miss-inform other people who may read this.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I dont have a steering lock, i think it depends on the country you are in. please dont miss-inform other people who may read this.
    I'm not misinforming others i just find it impossible because here all have steering lock even the lowest trim this is a standard security features, disassemble your steering column and show it to us, its very unusual for mitsubishi to release a unit on a well developed county like yours with no steering lock, by the way your statement is a bit offensive, your testing is even wrong yet your so sure.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    I'm not misinforming others i just find it impossible because here all have steering lock even the lowest trim this is a standard security features, disassemble your steering column and show it to us, its very unusual for mitsubishi to release a unit on a well developed county like yours with no steering lock, by the way your statement is a bit offensive, your testing is even wrong yet your so sure.
    I did not mean to come off as rude, atleast 7 other people on this forum have also reported not having steering locks. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...he-key-removed

if you'd like i can take a video of me spinning the steering wheel with the car off and no key in the ignition to show you it doesnt lock?

even the most popular review on youtube of the mirage doug demeouro shows that the car has no steering lock

remember developed countries are also more litigious countries, if the steering lock fails people are more likely to sue here. GM had an issue where the steering lock would activate while the car was driving.
    Last edited by mohammad; 12-27-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    I did not mean to come off as rude, atleast 7 other people on this forum have also reported not having steering locks. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...he-key-removed

if you'd like i can take a video of me spinning the steering wheel with the car off and no key in the ignition to show you it doesnt lock?

even the most popular review on youtube of the mirage doug demeouro shows that the car has no steering lock

remember developed countries are also more litigious countries, if the steering lock fails people are more likely to sue here. GM had an issue where the steering lock would activate while the car was driving.
    You have the ASTC the curtain airbag etc but not the steering lock? thats so unusual, electronic steering lock on the mirage is normally close so if it fails it will never lock actually it wont start if it fails, mine is the one with the key and i have a steering lock, majority of mitsubishi model here is equipped with electronic steering lock parts are almost identical on every model and they dont have steering suddenly locking issue software issue is the only problem that they have causing vehicle to not start, well maybe im wrong, but im sure 100% all unit here have steering lock, im gonna find that review and comment on that dude.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    AllRock, You are correct, i do have the traction control and the curtain airbags(i did check this). Id like to clarify that i have the mechanical key cheapest model("poverty edition") available in canada and i have no steering lock. Id also like to clarify that gm's issue was also with the mechanical key. As the key could be turned if you had a heavy ring of keys attached to your car key and the car went over a bump. This is because gm's system that our vehicles also have that prevents you from taking the key out while the vehicle is not in park was very fragile(cheaply designed) and would wear down over time
    Last edited by mohammad; 12-27-2021 at 08:09 AM.

As mentioned already….North American mirages do not have steering wheel locks. I agree this is weird. The mirage is the only car I’ve seen like this.
    I’m pretty sure all North American market mirages have a transponder key. I’m not positive about the welfare models. What good is a steering lock other than to stop someone one smashing a window and pushing your car away?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    As mentioned already….North American mirages do not have steering wheel locks. I agree this is weird. The mirage is the only car I’ve seen like this.
    I’m pretty sure all North American market mirages have a transponder key. I’m not positive about the welfare models. What good is a steering lock other than to stop someone one smashing a window and pushing your car away?
    I also find it odd that North American Mirages do not have steering wheel locks, but they don't.

Only the top trim level (SE) has push button start with a FAST-key entry system in 2021-22. All the other trim levels (ES, LE, BE) have a chipped key with remote keyless entry.

Just quotes, not my thoughts -

"There have been many cases where professional thieves have stolen cars equipped with a steering wheel lock by simply cutting a portion of the steering wheel to remove the device, or by drilling or cutting the device itself to disable it."
    Mar 15, 2021

"The technology in keyless entry systems actually makes it easier than ever to steal a car. ... In fact, 92% of the vehicles UK car security company Tracker recovered in 2019 were stolen without using the owner's keys. This new method of stealing a car is called a relay attack."

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have installed a PKE/remote start /pushbutton start From Amazon - "EASYGUARD EC002-p2 Smart Key RFID PKE Car Alarm System Auto Start & Engine Start Stop Button & Touch Password Entry Rolling Code" - took about 4 hrs mainly because i didn't have a wiring diagram for the mirage G4 (have an extra fuse or two on hand) Hardest part was trying to find the connector with the horn wire on the drivers sidekick panel. (gave up and ran the wire out to the horn relay in the engine compartment) but if you have average tech skills you should be able to do it. At about $130 total it'a lot cheaper then the arm and leg the "professionals" want (and some say it can't be done). You do need the immobilizer bypass.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Converted my key dependent 2019 mirage to PKE/remote start/pushbutton start. Completely removed the lock/key assembly since it is no more than a key operated switch and does NOT lock the steering. It did have a smart key and required an immobilizer bypass to start the car but the steering never locked.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have installed a PKE/remote start /pushbutton start in my 2019 Mirage ES From Amazon - "EASYGUARD EC002-p2 Smart Key RFID PKE Car Alarm System Auto Start & Engine Start Stop Button & Touch Password Entry Rolling Code" - took about 4 hrs mainly because i didn't have a wiring diagram for the mirage G4 (have an extra fuse or two on hand) Hardest part was trying to find the connector with the horn wire on the drivers sidekick panel. (gave up and ran the wire out to the horn relay in the engine compartment) but if you have average tech skills you should be able to do it. At about $130 total it'a lot cheaper then the arm and leg the "professionals" want (and some say it can't be done). You do need the immobilizer bypass.

Last edited by seatramp; 12-27-2021 at 08:48 PM. Reason: didn't statevechile