Thread: Australia: Hip low-spec - Mirage review (The West Australian - thewest.com.au)

Australia: Hip low-spec - Mirage review (The West Australian - thewest.com.au)

Nice to read a reviewer say something realistic about the car's engine power:

"...it's all a car like this needs."
    This review repeats a theme we've seen in a number of others (particularly from the U.K.) -- namely, in the value for money department, the Mirage makes the most sense in base level trim, since there's a decent level of features/equipment on the bottom rung. The argument goes that as you load up with options/trim levels, you end up with a price that makes bigger or more sophisticated competitors look more appealing.

Pros

- good fuel economy
    - tight turning circle good in urban driving
    - surprising amount of interior space
    - well equipped

Cons

- road noise
    - no reach adjustment on steering wheel
    - prefers the manual over the CVT (too rev-happy)

Overall

The Mirage LS ticks the right boxes for its segment but the lower-spec models represent better value for what you get.
    Read the full review here: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/mot.../hip-low-spec/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Sounds like a nice fair review. Can't wait to test drive one myself!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)