Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original Radio Hidden menu

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcgear View Post
    Have you ever managed to solve your problem? I have the same problem. To summarize the facts:
    - license plate rear cam, tested against RCA input of computer monitor, works well
    - connection in car: Stole 12V and ground from right reverse light (measured with instrument, OK). LEDs of camera will light when gear is set to reverse => OK.
    - enable camera input on Smartlink Navigation device in engineering mode. OK.
    - REV input was already connected to REVERSE of car installation (blue cables). OK.
    - Display will show camera screen with gear in reverse. OK.
    - Connect RCA of camera to RCA input of Smartlink Navigation. NOK. Screen remains black.
    Now I decided to try different input signals, in case the Smartlink Navigation cannot handle odd resolutions:
    - Connect RCA output of photo camera to RCA input. NOK. Screen remains black.
    - Even connected RCA output of PS3 to the RCA input. NOK. Screen remains black.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue? The Part No. of my device is MZ360615EX.
    Part Name: Multifucntion PGS Navigation (Smartphone-link)
    It is the EU version. Code in last line of tag reads DGU-6E14-ND1P3 (EU).
    I notice there are devices out without the P3 (i.e. DGU-6E14-ND1 (EU)).
    Can anyone confirm they got their camera working with ND1 or ND1P3 respectively, please?
    -

Yes, my problem was the camera it self.

I don`t know why but she doesen`t work in my radio unit. Maybe the resolution, i donīt know.
    i was try a diferent camera in my radio and it work`s fine and my camera workīs fine in the other car whith a Pioneer radio.
    My camera itīs on license plate whith Infrared, the other itīs a small camera like a park sensor. i donīt like it. i dont wanna drill the rear bumper.
    for now i don`t have any camera installed yet.
    if you have any friend whith a diferent camera, try it.
    Your radio doesn`t have any problem.

Sorry about my english.

Good Luck

Country
    Germany
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by funisca View Post
    Yes, my problem was the camera it self.

I don`t know why but she doesen`t work in my radio unit. Maybe the resolution, i donīt know.
    i was try a diferent camera in my radio and it work`s fine and my camera workīs fine in the other car whith a Pioneer radio.
    My camera itīs on license plate whith Infrared, the other itīs a small camera like a park sensor. i donīt like it. i dont wanna drill the rear bumper.
    for now i don`t have any camera installed yet.
    if you have any friend whith a diferent camera, try it.
    Your radio doesn`t have any problem.

Sorry about my english.

Good Luck
    Thanks for your reply. Since you confirmed that you got another camera working I thought about the differences of the camera specs.

My license plate camera is PAL system! This gave me the idea to try an NTSC signal instead. I used a photo camera which has analog video output that can be switched from PAL to NTSC. This NTSC signal gave me a nice full screen picture!

So this is the solution to have 3rd party cameras working with Smartlink Navigation HU:
    - enable camera in secret engineering settings menu
    - use camera with NTSC output

This came totally unexpected. There is no NTSC in Europe! The HU is the European version. But still it wants NTSC input.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mikemcgear For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcgear View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Since you confirmed that you got another camera working I thought about the differences of the camera specs.

My license plate camera is PAL system! This gave me the idea to try an NTSC signal instead. I used a photo camera which has analog video output that can be switched from PAL to NTSC. This NTSC signal gave me a nice full screen picture!

So this is the solution to have 3rd party cameras working with Smartlink Navigation HU:
    - enable camera in secret engineering settings menu
    - use camera with NTSC output

This came totally unexpected. There is no NTSC in Europe! The HU is the European version. But still it wants NTSC input.
    Good catch mikemcgear! Thanks for sharing your findings - it's going to save someone a lot of hassle and frustration.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Check how I did it here: https://youtu.be/xkGeuS1OgoM

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mcampos700 For This Useful Post:

x111951753 (03-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    yes thank you it works
    I tried following the same instructions and I’m not able to get that menu to pop up. I plugged in an OEM camera and the picture does not show when in reverse. It’s just a black screen. I think this is the option I need to turn on. Can anyone help?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Anyone know how to get into this menu on 2021 2022 radio

Country
    France
    Thanks
    Anyone know how to get into this menu on Sda3em radio head