Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original Radio Hidden menu

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Original Radio Hidden menu

Hello fellows. I have an original Mitsubishi navigation on my car and want to install a reverse camera. All connectors are there but nothing happens, as the device cannot see the camera. I guess i need to enable it but I cannot find where. How do I get into the service / settings menu?

Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to panosm For This Useful Post:

Bert (05-23-2018)

Country
    Denmark
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Here is the one I have. picture from the web so no camera on mine yet Name:  RearViewCameraScreen.jpg
Views: 5433
Size:  70.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by panosm; 03-17-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hi Panos,
    did you ever find that menu? I'm in the same situation.
    Cheers

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panosm View Post

... want to install a reverse camera. All connectors are there but nothing happens, as the device cannot see the camera. I guess i need to enable it but I cannot find where.
    Did you see the wiring labels? Usually a wire has a label something like REV. This wire is connected to the positive line of the camera together with the positive line of the reverse lamp. You must route an extra wire from that line towards the back of the car where your reverse camera is to be mounted.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The wiring is not the problem Mitz. The issue is that the navigation doesn't offer any option to switch to camera display.

There must be some hidden option to enable this, since the hardware is evidently there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lalt View Post
    The wiring is not the problem Mitz. The issue is that the navigation doesn't offer any option to switch to camera display.

There must be some hidden option to enable this, since the hardware is evidently there.
    I think what Mitz is suggesting is that you may not have to alter any menu item or option in your software. If you provide the signal input as he has noted, it may just work without any further intervention.

I have a two-camera dashcam that works this way. Each time I put my Speck in reverse, it automatically displays the rear camera view.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

There is no hidden option to enable the camera display in your HU. You just need to connect the trigger wire, i.e., the REVERSE wiring I am referring to positive line. When you connect this wire to the positive line, the display will switch to reverse camera mode overriding the current display. This is the setup for the Asian models at least, and should work also for other models. IMO, this is the standard wiring setup.

When you shift to reverse, a positive voltage is fed to the reverse lights making them to light up. You need this line as the trigger input to the HU Rev. wire. You need this line as supply voltage to your reverse camera as well.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    I understand what you mean, but it doesn't work that way for mine

The camera powers up when I go into reverse, but the display doesn't switch. I also tried with a different camera. The REVERSE cable was already connected to the head unit out of the factory. And obviously it never switched static or blue color when I went into reverse.

Can you check what software version you have on your head unit? Mine says (it's German, but should be obvious)

Modellbezeichnung: MGN(R9.2A-EU)
    Bootloader-Ver.: BO.16.08.16.01
    Kernel-Vers.: KE.16.08.14.01
    OS-Ver.: OS.4.4.2
    Software-Ver.: AP.16.08.30.00
    AV MICOM-Vers.: AV.16.08.10.01.EU
    DVD MICOM-Vers.: DV.16.05.20.01
    Bluetooth-Vers.: BT.15.04.03.01
    Laufwerk-Vers.: DECK.T3A03K
    DAB-Vers.: DAB.0.72.4
    Navigation: 1.0

Maybe you need a specific version on it that enables that feature?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    The camera powers up when I go into reverse, but the display doesn't switch. I also tried with a different camera. The REVERSE cable was already connected to the head unit out of the factory. And obviously it never switched static or blue color when I went into reverse.
    If that's the case, then I can only suggest that you test the status of the REVERSE TRIGGER wire w/ a voltmeter when you shift into reverse. In this way, you can verify and confirm if the trigger wire is correctly hooked and set up.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    test the status of the REVERSE TRIGGER wire w/ a voltmeter
    I did - around 11V when in reverse, 0V otherwise. Seems to be working.