Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 175/65/14

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yours is a 5 speed correct? Im curious if the CVT7 could be affected by the 175's. I really want the Barum Brillistas at $37.00 a tire, theyre 175s. I havent read too much from CVT owners on here if their is a correlation between trans failure and tire size?
    Not to be mean, but I am beginning to understand why some people lease cars.

All Mirages come with 165/65-14 or 175/55-15 tires. Not keeping your tire pressure maintained properly would probably be more wear & tear on a car than a slight difference in tire size.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Can you please name a few markets?
    Middle East

Standard & Optional Specifications:

• Door outer handle
    • Power door mirror
    • Manually controlled air conditioner/li>
    • Power windows
    • Outstanding Aerodynamic Performannce
    • 175/65R14 tires + 14\” steel wheels with full wheel covers
    • Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
    • Active Stability Control (ASC)
    • Hill Start Assist (HSA)
    • Brake Assist
    • SRS airbags: Driver & front passenger
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    • Halogen headlamps
    • Multi-information display
    • 2-DIN center panel without audio (with harness for 2 speakers)
    • Theft protection immobilizer

http://mitsubishi-motors.com.sa/en/product/spacestar/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-17-2019),Top_Fuel (10-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Middle East

Standard & Optional Specifications:

• Door outer handle
    • Power door mirror
    • Manually controlled air conditioner/li>
    • Power windows
    • Outstanding Aerodynamic Performannce
    • 175/65R14 tires + 14\” steel wheels with full wheel covers
    • Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
    • Active Stability Control (ASC)
    • Hill Start Assist (HSA)
    • Brake Assist
    • SRS airbags: Driver & front passenger
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
    • Halogen headlamps
    • Multi-information display
    • 2-DIN center panel without audio (with harness for 2 speakers)
    • Theft protection immobilizer

http://mitsubishi-motors.com.sa/en/product/spacestar/
    Thanks for sharing that. I looked some, but couldn't find any.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Update : up to 45,000 miles now (started at 17K), no issues with the 175s. I have been using it for uber and delivery (doordash etc), so more than a normal driver.

I had to replace the fronts as they wore out within 15k miles. The replacements were still less than $30 but a different brand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CigMirage For This Useful Post:

ThunderG (07-27-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CigMirage View Post
    Update : up to 45,000 miles now (started at 17K), no issues with the 175s. I have been using it for uber and delivery (doordash etc), so more than a normal driver.

I had to replace the fronts as they wore out within 15k miles. The replacements were still less than $30 but a different brand.
    I started Ubering on the side too. Im going to make the switch to 175 myself. Hows your experience been ride sharing in the Mirage? Any complaints about comfort? From what I read, Uber doesnt allow Mirages to transport passengers anymore, only deliveries

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I started Ubering on the side too. Im going to make the switch to 175 myself. Hows your experience been ride sharing in the Mirage? Any complaints about comfort? From what I read, Uber doesnt allow Mirages to transport passengers anymore, only deliveries

Overall it was fine. I ended up using more for delivery because when the car is full of passengers it can be a real slug. Deliveries (for me) tend to make more money. Also the rear shocks are very weak I would suggest replacing them with something more heavy duty.

I did not receive any complaints and it would do really well in more of a downtown area where the trips are short.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow I did not know Uber had banned the Mirage from taxi service. I did Uber about 2 years ago for a few weeks but then I quit because I was spending too much time just waiting around for a ping. Here in Miami the city is saturated with Ubers. Too many Uber drivers here, its hard to make profits.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From what I read, Uber doesnt allow Mirages to transport passengers anymore, only deliveries
    Not sure where you got this. I called uber a few months before buying and they confirmed it was fine. It is still listed as space star under eligible NYC vehicles and meets all other requirements.

https://www.uber.com/drive/new-york/...ible-vehicles/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Not sure where you got this. I called uber a few months before buying and they confirmed it was fine. It is still listed as space star under eligible NYC vehicles and meets all other requirements.

https://www.uber.com/drive/new-york/...ible-vehicles/
    I cant remember where I read it, maybe the Uber forum? Im glad Im wrong because my Mirage and I havent been kicked off yet lol. Ive only had a couple of complaints about the size. One from an Atl thug, called my ride a go cart. I stopped at a gas station (a stop he didnt pay for btw) for him and he still 1 starred me. Good thing I get great mpg because I drive a lot of dead miles getting away from pool rides in the ghetto.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Some random side notes after reading the thread.

175/65/14 is a half inch taller tire. As such your speedo and MPG will read 2.5% lower than actual.

And you should really chalk test your tires. It fine and dandy to run a higher psi up front, but don't match it out back. I check tread depth on every groove every 8000km. While the front wears close to evenly at say, 40psi, the rears with NO wright on them, will wear the centre out long before the shoulders ever see pavement. With only a few hundred pounds on each tire, they should be 3-5 psi lower than the front for even wear and full tread contact.

After 16000km between rotations, my rears were at 8/32, 6/32, 6/32, 8/32 across each channel.

MPG is fun, but keep it safe and make sure the tire still sits flat on the road. I run my Mirage at 38F, 33R. That's where it wears evenly. Look up chalk testing tires.

With no weight pushing the rear tires flat, they balloon at higher psi's and wear centre first.

And with no weight on the rears, that's not where your economy savings came from with higher PSIs anyway!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)