Thread: report on fluids - usage (and fluids it doesn't consume) :)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

report on fluids - usage (and fluids it doesn't consume) :)

As I mentioned about a year ago, I had to add a little coolant (the blue stuff for Asian cars). After almost a year, I have found that consumption to be around maybe 10-12 ounces. For me, this is about 18k miles. Not bad, I suspect it's normal as the overflow has a vent hole so a little bit may be lost through evaporation.
    Happy to report that at 38k, my car is not consuming any noticeable amount of oil. I was low on washer fluid, though
    This car reminds me of the (very popular) Mitsubishi and Chrysler import cars from 70's and 80's. I still have a 1981 Colt and it uses no oil, starts every time, inexpensive and easy to work on.
    Now, if they would start producing a small pickup. A Mirage with a pickup bed. 4WD.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-27-2017),MetroMPG (03-26-2017)

Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    I still have a 1981 Colt and it uses no oil, starts every time, inexpensive and easy to work on.
    Wow! That deserves a thread... please! Pics!

I nearly bought one of these with the factory 8-speed manual transmission. (Hi-lo selector on a 4-speed).

Or make a garage page. And your Mirage too...
    Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Yes pictures please.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)