Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed mitsubishi center armrest/console in the cars today

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Installed mitsubishi center armrest/console in the cars today

Somewhat more envoled than I thought it would be but they are both in.

I was able to skip a few steps, like needing to remove the whole console, you dont.
    You also don't need to trim the bottom or cut out for that rear bolt. The template was almost worthless as well. The mounting post almost fills the whole cup holder. You don't need much of a template to drill the three holes.

I like it gives a little much needed storage. Little being the key word. Not a ton of room in there but enough for my large psi gauge, scan gauge manuals, a pen and insurance paperwork.

I also relocated my SG E to my dash. It had to come off for this install and it's easier to see on the dash.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-30-2017),inuvik (03-30-2017),Top_Fuel (03-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    <sigh>...still have mine in the box awaiting installation...I've almost had this thing for a year...

Did you follow just follow the instructions that came with the console? I can't remember if someone here did a write-up on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    <sigh>...still have mine in the box awaiting installation...I've almost had this thing for a year...

Did you follow just follow the instructions that came with the console? I can't remember if someone here did a write-up on it.
    I loosely followed them. There are 2 annoying plastic push rivets on either side on the forward most front end of the cars center console that I did remove on the first car but didn't on the second car because you can lift the back just enough to access the area you need to mount the bracket. You also don't need to un clip the fast key docking cubby.
    The only real modifying you need to do to install this is to drill three 5/16th holes in the stock rear cup holder. And once you mount that bracket you can bolt the center consoles back down. It's held down with 2 10mm bolts. The 2 new bolts for the bracket are 12mm. 4 total.

There's only one small wire harness you unplug, for parking/E brake.

The second car went way quicker than the first for me.

When you lift up the back of the cars center console to mount the bracket, just use a stick or whatever to keep it lifted by putting it across the seats. It will make sense when you do this.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    The instructions aren't too tough to follow. There is trimming and drilling involved, but it is pretty simple. I took some pics when I did mine, and I can post them up later.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (03-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The instructions aren't too tough to follow. There is trimming and drilling involved, but it is pretty simple. I took some pics when I did mine, and I can post them up later.
    I didn't trim anything. I seen that step in the manual though. Didn't see a need. I suppose it would help reduce weight though haha jk.
    The instructions are pictures only top fuel.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The instructions are pictures only top fuel.
    Man...I hate that. Sounds like a lot of service manuals these days!

Well...when I finally get around to installing mine, I will take pics and do a write-up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-30-2017),Wayne (09-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is a semi old post but I am looking to get mine installed this week sometime and just wanted some pictures to see how installation is!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine is still in the box...but hope to get it installed in the next few weeks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (09-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammer878 View Post
    This is a semi old post but I am looking to get mine installed this week sometime and just wanted some pictures to see how installation is!
    The instructions provide pictures, and only pictures, to walk you through it. It's fairly straightforward if you are mechanically inclined.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don’t think I should have a problem, but I read other members on this post saying they didn’t have to cut anything to install which would be awesome! I didn’t like the idea of cutting anything but really can’t wait for the install.